1st Stay at Hilton Head: need advice

chepic

I tear up whenever I hear "Welcome Home."
Hello fellow disers. Staying for an entire week in April at Hilton Head for the 1st time in a 2 bedroom unit. There are 4 adults and 4 boys (17, 17, 13, 13). So tell me what we should plan to do. Thanks for all your help!!!!

Visit Harbour Town! It is where the big lighthouse is and there are a bunch of restaurants and shops.

Also, if you like adult drinks, go to the Frosty Frog in Coligny Plaza. They have a ridiculous amount of frozen daiquiris that are all SO GOOD. You can even get gallons to go!

There are some fun tours you can do too, a bunch of different places offer them. We went on a dolphin seeing one and it was pretty cool!

We love "The World", but we fell in love with HHI. The staff is simply the best Disney has to offer. These folks should be the trainers for all Cast Members.

We can't eat at Black Marlin enough. We also love One Hot Mama, and Marley Island Grill.

Across from the hotel within walking distance is Shelter Cove. It is a great place to walk, explore, shop, and people watch.

Call the front desk prior to going and they can email a list of the events going on while you are there.

The set up of the Beach House at the ocean is wonderful.

Have fun !

We had our first visit in July and had one of the best vacations ever. We have since booked two more vacations for 2018!!:yay: Our younger kids are 8 and 5. We made sure to have plenty of time at the resort and to allow time for resort activities in the weekly guide. Between the resort activities, beach, pool, marsh, fishing/crabbing, biking, meeting Shadow - our days were full. Enjoy your vacation!!

We don't do the Disney Hilton Head, but we take a family vacation to Hilton Head Island every year. We LOVE it there!!

We stay in a rental house in Sea Pines, which is the large community where you'll find Harbour Town, which was mentioned above. Sea Pines and Harbourtown requires payment to get in if you're not staying on the property, but there's lots to do while there. Tour the lighthouse, shop at Harbourtown, grab lunch at one of the many restaurants. There are biking trails all over. We rent bikes for the week and it's our primary mode of transportation. There's another small, but still decent sized shopping area with more restaurants, too. The Salty Dog Cafe is a favorite among visitors and is a great place to grab lunch or dinner along the water. Within Sea Pines, there are some fishing excursions you can go on, though I'm sure those exist outside of Sea Pines, too. (And may be cheaper outside of Sea Pines).

There's so much to do in the rest of HHI as well! So many restaurants and places to shop. I've heard great reviews about the local Zip Line place. https://ziplinehiltonhead.com Your boys would be such fun ages for it! (We haven't done it yet as our oldest just turned 7). Kayaking tours are fun! And, of course, there's lots of golf.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g54273-Activities-Hilton_Head_South_Carolina.html

I took my folks for my dads 80th birthday. It was the BEST vacation. Disney is good but the folks at HHI are excellent. There was so much to see and do, but because of the storm we had to leave. I will be going back with and without the folks

MadamG2U

Hello fellow disers. Staying for an entire week in April at Hilton Head for the 1st time in a 2 bedroom unit. There are 4 adults and 4 boys (17, 17, 13, 13). So tell me what we should plan to do. Thanks for all your help!!!!

Only Best advice-ENJOY! And I predict that between all the activities the resort offers, and the pools both at the resort and over at the Beach House, you'll find plenty to do. Only tip I have to do is be sure you take the opportunity to meet Shadow and B'leu.

April is perfect weather for outside activities without being sweltering!

Aerial Adventure - a ropes climbing course for all ages and levels! We did this twice because my kids loved it so much!
Zip Line Hilton Head - same area at Aerial Adventure but participants must meet weight and age limits.

Lawton Stables in Sea Pines - Horse back trail riding and petting zoo

Outside Hilton Head - kayaking, paddle boarding etc.. rentals and tours

Biking - trails all over the island! Rent bikes right at the Disney resort

Tennis courts - public park a bike ride away to play or over at Palmetto Dunes you can rent court space or do a clinic

Golf - Courses all over island
Mini-Golf - several very nice courses on island. One not too far from Disney resort.

Of course the resort has activities, pools, and beach. Some neat tours like the Marsh Walk I highly recommend!

Love HHI!! Enjoy!!

Thanks everyone, that's great....keep it coming. I did some research and it looks like many of the the excursions don't start booking until January. So I have time to plan things.

Also, what about groceries? Is there a market near the resort, or something like the garden grocer?

My boys enjoyed the kayaking tour offered there at the resort. We also booked the private dolphin cruise from there and enjoyed that as well.

My kids still rave about One Hot Mama and how much they loved it. Skull Creek Boathouse was fun as well. While the atmosphere was nice at Salty Dog, we just weren't super impressed by the food and the wait.

Legendary Mini Golf is super fun as well. Have you considered a trip into Savannah?

Kroger supermarket is just down the road, we walked there. Just past there is a Whole Foods. The shopping center where the Kroger's is located has some nice restaurants you should try. The marina next to Disney has all kinds of watersports and different rentals you can do with the boys. The restaurants on the other side of the marina are pretty good, despite some not so stellar reviews, we didn't have a bad meal. Also, there is a french bakery there, it was very good. Definitely rent bikes, either thru Disney or one of the island bike rental places (they will deliver them to you). I'd also recommend a kayak trip !

Have fun, we really enjoyed our trip last month, even sat down with a realtor !!

Have any of you gone into Savannah for the day?

I have been into Savannah. Nice for a walk around. Riverwalk area, lots of bars. Charleston is very nice also, not as many bars etc as Savannah but I preferred it.

We actually stayed in Savannah for a couple nights before our HH stay. Loved it and would go back in a heartbeat. Try an off and on trolley tour or a ghost tour at night. So many neat things to try and see.

I hope OP doesn't mind me tagging along for questions. I was recently able to snag a reservation for 2 nights in June. Are the activities offered by the resorts along with the beach enough to keep kids in ages ranging from 4 to 10 occupied?

LAX

I hope OP doesn't mind me tagging along for questions. I was recently able to snag a reservation for 2 nights in June. Are the activities offered by the resorts along with the beach enough to keep kids in ages ranging from 4 to 10 occupied?

LAX

Your only problem will be that your reservations are only for two nights.

Beside the normal things you can do, the resort can email you the week before you go a list of activities for the week you will be there.

LAX
tag along!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!