1st solo super budget trip at POP 9/2-9/6

good shopping! I rearranged our entire schedule. compared to yours. we're both going to be at HS and EMH MK at the same time. I wish I was going next week, I've been collecting things like crazy to bring and I have to measure the ENORMOUS suitcase my mom brought down for me to check with goodies.

good shopping! I rearranged our entire schedule. compared to yours. we're both going to be at HS and EMH MK at the same time. I wish I was going next week, I've been collecting things like crazy to bring and I have to measure the ENORMOUS suitcase my mom brought down for me to check with goodies.

I know I wish it was time to go already too! I'm taking a my regular carry on bag and a tote. I am a light packer. Yippee for EMH! I'm really excited about using them. I hope the crowds are as light as everyone says they are in September.

What great deals at Fry's! I am going to have to check those out.... I really need food in my fridge...

We live like bachelors most of the time... beverages and condiments. We get so lazy with shopping! :lmao:

Today means my trip to the world is only 1 month away!:scared1::woohoo:

fry's usually has good deals but I hate shopping there. Good luck to you with filling your fridge.

hmmmm this is probably the day I am most excited and worried about. I look at the options here and pretty much want to see/do all of them but have no idea what the waits will be like or the show schedule for the day.

Here's a list of most do's in no particular order:
Toy Story
Rock n Roller
Tower of Terror (if brave enough) not sure if I will like all those drops
Indy Jones
Star Tours
Beauty and the Beast

I am hoping I can see the big three or four rides during EMH so that leaves me free to see shows for the rest of the morning.

I plan to leave around 1 to rest/swim and gear up for an evening at MK!!

Snacks to find: nachos or kids pizza
snacks I'm bringing- Star Wars fruit snacks to eat with the Ewoks :ewok:

I hope the force is with me!

We're going straight for TSM when it opens. I'm sending my BF alone to do RRC and ToT. I am not a fan of coaster, tried Space Mountain in Disneyland... no thank you! And I'm terrified of heights and elevators dropping so hmmm yeah. We should try to meet up. I just got some fun stuff for our room there.

We're going straight for TSM when it opens. I'm sending my BF alone to do RRC and ToT. I am not a fan of coaster, tried Space Mountain in Disneyland... no thank you! And I'm terrified of heights and elevators dropping so hmmm yeah. We should try to meet up. I just got some fun stuff for our room there.

I'll be running with you too! I think everyone will. I'm hoping I can ride first and get a fastpass for later on in the day. I hope it's cooler than Buzz over at Mk because it was boring.
I know I will ride RnR. This will be my first inverted coaster so hopefully I don't get sick on myself. Tower scares the pants off of me but I hear at most you only get 5 drops so I figure I can count them and won't feel so bad. Also, rumor is most are smaller drops and there is always a false drop to scare you so I might try it.
A meetup would be fun! There is someone else going solo that is nervous maybe I should invite to meet us in the run for TSM.:laughing:

What did you get for your room?

note to self and my two loyal readers LOL:lmao: don't open snacks for sampling before trip. At the rate I'm going I'll be out of snacks before I leave. EEK!

I'm doing the same thing with TSM. Ride first, then FP. Then RnRC and ToT for the BF. Wow can I use enough initials? Its more fun than Buzz, which I also like, minus the time in Disneyland when my BF spent the whole time taking pictures of me playing and once in awhile shot the gun, I was all happy when I found that out until I saw his score and noticed he scored higher than me without paying attention!

I'm going to take photos tonight of all the things I bought to decorate. I must be insane because I think I have enough to decorate liek four rooms!:eek: One more trip to iParty, Michael's, and Dollar Tree to go!

After a little rest at POP, I'll be headed to the MK for an evening of fun! I'll be arriving around 5:00 or earlier if I feel up to it.
Tentative Schedule:

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Tiki Room
Aladdin (if no line)
BTMRR
Splash (if no line and I want to get wet)
Country Bear (if I want to waste some time)
Hall of Presidents (if I want to waste some time)
Haunted Mansion
Riverboat???? (don't really know about this one)
Small World (if open)
whatever else I can fit in from Fantasyland and Tommorowland

to the end the evening parade and fireworks while munching ona Mickey Bar! :mickeybar

Coming up...Day 3 an attempt to visit all 4 parks in one day!!!! :woohoo:

Yikes! Four parks in one day! Does this include a break at Pop? Do you have a day at rest. Does it mean you just need to enter the park? or do you need to do a certain amount of rides?

Yikes! Four parks in one day! Does this include a break at Pop? Do you have a day at rest. Does it mean you just need to enter the park? or do you need to do a certain amount of rides?

don't really have the last planned out but I thought something like a highlights touring plan. Only seeing 3-4 things at each park and then moving on. Probably will need a break if I plan to hit EMH at MK that night.

No rest days on this trip since it so short but technically speaking arrival and depature day contain no days at park. I'll count them as rest days since I have nothing planned for them.

I can understand starting at HS and then boat (to reserve strenght) to EP and then monorail to MK, but then you'd have to take the bus to AK to come back to MK for EMH.

Hmm. Or start at AK, then bus to HS, boat to EP, and monorail to MK....

Am I getting close? LOL

hmmm

I'm at a complete loss for plans for my last day. I thought a 4 day hopper would be good but now I think I should just pick my 2 favorites to see. I might not plan at all and decide after my first two days.

Food update:

Got my snacks tucked away in a bag so I'll quit sampling them :goodvibes

Went back to work Friday so now my blogging/planning fun times are over.

but only a few weeks to go until vacation calls again :banana:

hmmm

I'm at a complete loss for plans for my last day. I thought a 4 day hopper would be good but now I think I should just pick my 2 favorites to see. I might not plan at all and decide after my first two days.

Food update:

Got my snacks tucked away in a bag so I'll quit sampling them :goodvibes

Went back to work Friday so now my blogging/planning fun times are over.

but only a few weeks to go until vacation calls again :banana:

We are doing the same thing on the last day-- we aren't sure where we will end up until the final day.

Glad you tucked away the snacks! I am the same way!

Ok I got those snacks packed up and have been good about staying put of them. I figure I spent about 10 bucks on those snacks. Before I leave I'm hitting the dollar store for bananas, baby carrots, and pears/apples to take. Which will leave me about 85 dollars to spend while there. Here's a rough sketch of what I plan to eat.

Arrival day:
packing lunch for long flight
dinner at DTD Earl of Sandwich- thinking about veggie sandwich or soup
Goofy's Cany Store- German Chocolate Cookie (maybe)

Day1:
breakfast in room (oatmeal and fruit)
snack at AK- ice cream sandwich or popsicle
lunch at POP- Veggie lo mein
dinner at Epcot- Sunshine Seasons- hoping for veggie sushi
snacks from home as needed

Day2:
lunch at DHS- going to try to get kids pizza meal
dinner at MK- not decided

Day 3:
lunch at park- not sure where I'll be
dinner at park- not sure where I'll be

total so far:
snacks from home 15
arrival day 9
Day1 20
Day 2 15
Day 3 20

so far 79 dollars
that leaves 21 for snacks and extras like Diet Coke :drinking1:mickeybar

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!

I'm all set sorta. Need to get some new shorts to wear and get the rest of my groceries bought. Also need to plan out my last day a bit better.

Can't wait to have a POPin good time. :)

Ok I got those snacks packed up and have been good about staying put of them. I figure I spent about 10 bucks on those snacks. Before I leave I'm hitting the dollar store for bananas, baby carrots, and pears/apples to take. Which will leave me about 85 dollars to spend while there. Here's a rough sketch of what I plan to eat.

Arrival day:
packing lunch for long flight
dinner at DTD Earl of Sandwich- thinking about veggie sandwich or soup
Goofy's Cany Store- German Chocolate Cookie (maybe)

Day1:
snack at AK- ice cream sandwich or popsicle
lunch at POP- Veggie lo mein
dinner at Epcot- Sunshine Seasons- hoping for veggie sushi

Day2:
lunch at DHS- going to try to get kids pizza meal
dinner at MK- not decided

Day 3:
lunch at park- not sure where I'll be
dinner at park- not sure where I'll be

total so far:
snacks from home 15
arrival day 9
Day1 20
Day 2 15
Day 3 20

so far 79 dollars
that leaves 21 for snacks and extras like Diet Coke :drinking1:mickeybar

I love all the planning and details! This is really inspiring me to try WDW on a strict budget and see how things go!

i love that you planned a few diet cokes as well! That is definitely my vice!

I am sure they will let you get a kid's pizza. They don't know who you are buying it for, you could have a kid waiting at a table or something....

Have you thought about spending $13 on the refillable mug? You could keep filling it up with diet coke at Pop....

Just a thought, depends on how much soda you drink a day. I have a friend who drinks about 7 glasses with dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter