1st solo super budget trip at POP 9/2-9/6

hpfan100

Extendable Ears Anyone?
hi everyone! Welcome to my first ever pre trip report. :cool1:

My name is Amy and I live in the ever hot state of Arizona. I am planning my first trip on site to the world for Labor Day Weekend. I will be solo and on a very tight budget.

Budget breakdown so far

Flight: free using rapid rewards ticket
Hotel: 4 nights at POP, 260.60
Ground Transportation: free (included with room)
Tickets: 202 (leftover 3 days parkhopper from previous trip)
Food from home: 20
Food in the world: 80
Souvenirs: 50
MISC/Emergency: 20

GRAND TOTAL: 632.60

next time: Schedule for visit

arrrgggg no free flights on Monday available
hmmmm now I either have to pay for it or fly home Tuesday which means another day off work and another night in a hotel

decisions decisions:confused3

Thursday September 2nd- fly to Orlando, check in, spend time at DTD, maybe Hess station for cokes

Friday September 3rd- am at AK, break in room/pool area, PM at Epcot (EMH 9-12)

Saturday September 4th- am at DHS(EMH 8-9), break in room/pool, PM ???

Sunday September 5th- am????, break in room/pool, PM MK (EMH 10-1)

Monday September 6th- DTD or sleep in, fly home

When do you fly in? We get in Thrusday am and are getting lunch in DTD. We're going to the EMH in MK on Sunday too!!!!

When do you fly in? We get in Thrusday am and are getting lunch in DTD. We're going to the EMH in MK on Sunday too!!!!

my flight lands at 4:30 Orlando time. That's the big bummer about coming from the west you lose a whole day traveling. :guilty:

Probably will head to DTD for dinner and might stop by Hess to pick up some diet coke for the weekend. Thinking about seeing the Cirque show because I know it will be amazing.

EMH will be so fun at MK I'm hoping most of the young ones will be in bed so I can ride Dumbo. :laughing:

my flight lands at 4:30 Orlando time. That's the big bummer about coming from the west you lose a whole day traveling. :guilty:

Probably will head to DTD for dinner and might stop by Hess to pick up some diet coke for the weekend. Thinking about seeing the Cirque show because I know it will be amazing.

EMH will be so fun at MK I'm hoping most of the young ones will be in bed so I can ride Dumbo. :laughing:

Signing onto your PTR! What a great budget breakdown... I love it! We are getting in around 4:30 as well, only the day after. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Signing onto your PTR! What a great budget breakdown... I love it! We are getting in around 4:30 as well, only the day after. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Still trying to plan it all out without getting crazy. More to come tomorrow!

Here is my touring plan for AK. I estimate it will take me from 9-2 ish. I know it's a big list but I feel pretty confident that I can get around quickly on my own. Things in () are optional/time fillers/ if time kinda items. All the red items are what I did in June at AK. I was finished by 1:00 pm.

Safari
(Pangani Trail)
Kali River
Everest

Flights of Wonder
(Jungle Trek)

Primeval Whirl
DINOSAUR
(Nemo/ Carnival games/Triceratops Spin)

Bug show
Lion King
Discovery Trail

(Rafiki Planet Watch)

Food/Snacks to get:
Looking for the giant 3 scoop ice cream sandwich. If not available, then snacks from home.

After a glorious break/rest/ nap/swim at POP, I will venture Epcot. I had a stinky experience my last time at Epcot so I hope this time is better. Future World will be the focus of this day as I'm not really interested in too many things at world showcase.

Touring Plan for Epcot This is one is pretty full too and not sure how feasible it is. I know Soarin gets super crazy lines so it may be difficult to fit in. I plan to get to Epcot around 6:00 pm. and stay through EMH ending at Midnight.

Nemo
Turtle Talk

Figment
Honey I Show
Soarin'
Living with the Land
Captain EO

Eat at Sunshine Seasons if hungry

Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track
(Ellen's Energy show)

Probably time for Illuminations after all that

Finish any FW rides/attractions missed
repeat any favorites

Mexico Fiesta
Norway Maelstrom
(wonder around word showcase)

Food/snacks to get: school bread, sweet pretzel, French pasteries

After all that go to POP and crash. Then get up early the next day and start all over again :laughing:

I"m trying to decide whether to go to Epcot for EMH after doing the Wishes Dessert Party. MMMmmm Desserts. If you want look at my PTR listed in my signature so you can see me and BF and if you see us say hi! We have two cats too!

Here is my touring plan for AK. I estimate it will take me from 9-2 ish. I know it's a big list but I feel pretty confident that I can get around quickly on my own. Things in () are optional/time fillers/ if time kinda items. All the red items are what I did in June at AK. I was finished by 1:00 pm.

Safari
(Pangani Trail)
Kali River
Everest

Flights of Wonder
(Jungle Trek)

Primeval Whirl
DINOSAUR
(Nemo/ Carnival games/Triceratops Spin)

Bug show
Lion King
Discovery Trail

(Rafiki Planet Watch)

Food/Snacks to get:
Looking for the giant 3 scoop ice cream sandwich. If not available, then snacks from home.

Great plan for the day! I love that you have planned a snack. I think the same way! I found this great post on the Disney Food Blog, and I hope to try most of them.

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/disney-world-cupcakes/

I don't think that you will have any problem doing most of these things by 2pm... I didn't see a wait more than 15 minutes when we were there last Sept.

After a glorious break/rest/ nap/swim at POP, I will venture Epcot. I had a stinky experience my last time at Epcot so I hope this time is better. Future World will be the focus of this day as I'm not really interested in too many things at world showcase.

Touring Plan for Epcot This is one is pretty full too and not sure how feasible it is. I know Soarin gets super crazy lines so it may be difficult to fit in. I plan to get to Epcot around 6:00 pm. and stay through EMH ending at Midnight.

Nemo
Turtle Talk

Figment
Honey I Show
Soarin'
Living with the Land
Captain EO

Eat at Sunshine Seasons if hungry

Spaceship Earth
Mission Space
Test Track
(Ellen's Energy show)

Probably time for Illuminations after all that

Finish any FW rides/attractions missed
repeat any favorites

Mexico Fiesta
Norway Maelstrom
(wonder around word showcase)

Food/snacks to get: school bread, sweet pretzel, French pasteries

After all that go to POP and crash. Then get up early the next day and start all over again :laughing:

Great plan for Epcot! I haven't done EMH, so I am curious to see how it goes!

I"m trying to decide whether to go to Epcot for EMH after doing the Wishes Dessert Party. MMMmmm Desserts. If you want look at my PTR listed in my signature so you can see me and BF and if you see us say hi! We have two cats too!

WOW a dessert party! That spunds like so much fun. I've read mixed reviews about the evening extra magic hours. It seems like it is still really crowded and lines can still be long. Others say it's wonderful with no waits so not sure.

I'm going to brave and give it a try. If it's too intense then I'll just hop to MK that night.

Cats are the best!!:thumbsup2

AWWWW those are the cutest little tuxedo cats ever! I just loved their little biographies. I'll see if I can find some pictures to upload so everyone can see who I am too.

Thanks for reading my first attempt at blogging. LOL :laughing:

Okay so I made a general list of things I wanted for snacks and decided I'd watch the grocery ads for the deals. Well wouldn't you know it, Fry's already has the deal I need. This week only (I think) they are accepting all other stores coupons. Plus all coupons under a dollar are worth a whole dollar. WOW. So i got my handy dandy list ready and am off to shop at my least favorite store. HA HA HA!

General List:

fruit leather/strips/snacks
nuts
trail mix
cereal
licorice or gummy candy
English muffins or bagels (will wait until closer to trip for these)
fruit (will wait until closer for these too)- and will buy it at the 99cent store
crackers
Larabars
granola bars

hmmmm anything else that is a smokin deal.
Goal today is to spend about 10-12 dollars on trip food.

Fruit and muffins will be bought closer to trip with the last 8-10 dollars.

Off to shop now!!!

General List:

fruit leather/strips/snacks
nuts
trail mix
cereal
licorice or gummy candy
English muffins or bagels (will wait until closer to trip for these)
fruit (will wait until closer for these too)- and will buy it at the 99cent store
crackers
Larabars
granola bars

Ok made it to Fry's with my coupons and list in tow. Alas, now I remember why I don't like to shop at Fry's. The prices stink unless you are buying what they have on sale. Like I'm really going to pay 4.99 for a box of cereal. And what is with only one register open unless I do self check out. ARRGGG! But even with the drama of Fry's I managed to get some bargains!:goodvibes

I bought 2 boxes of Nature Valley Granola bars
used a Safeway coupon and got them for 1.77 a box! Plus I used an electronic coupon for an extra 75 cents off! So that's 2.79 for two boxes.
Next I bought two boxes of Envirokids Crispy Rice Treat Bars. I've never had these before so I thought I'd try them. They were on sale for 2.99 a box. I used a coupon for 1.50 off two. So I got them for 4.48 for two!
I bought one box of Kroger brand fruit snacks for 88 cents! I got Star Wars shaped ones to eat at Hollywood Studios :rotfl2: They are pretty good and I think I'll go back and get some more to have for lunches and such. They have Dinosaur ones that would be fun to eat in Animal Kingdom.
I also got a box of Blue Diamond Nut Thin Crackers. With coupon and sale price they cost 1.50!
I bought two packages of instant oatmeal on sale for 1.00 each!
I got 6 Larabars. They were on sale for 1.25 and I used coupons from whole foods to get them for B1G1 prices. I paid 3.75 for 6!
I bought some general groceries for home and then used a Fresh and Easy coupon to get an extra 3 dollars off my bill!

According to my receipt I spent 24 dollars after taxes and saved 24 dollars with coupons and sale prices. Nice!:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

I probably won't pack all of those snacks but they are available if I want too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter