12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talking about missing things by a smidge. I wanted to say Happy Holiday to everyone and happy bday to Mike.

In case I am not on again for a long period - Have a great birthday Saturday Marielle

We are having a great time at WDW!!! We do have a need for some prayers though. I know I can count on this group to get that going. You may have seen the flooding in the Northwest. My niece, who is here with us, got a call from her friend that is watching her house and when the **** broke it put her house under at least 4 foot of water. She lost everything to the floods in 1996 and now has to do it again. :sad2: She does have flood insurance, so finacially she will get help, but the trauma of seeing all your things covered with mud, yet again, is devasting :sad2: . She shed some tears on Monday, filed her claim yesterday, and then decided to just put it aside and deal with it when she gets home a week from Sunday. We would really appreciate prayers for her for strenght to deal with this again.
Oh Angie!! So sorry for your niece. I hope that things got better.

Christmas???? Is Christmas near? :confused: I'd better get started! OY!!

I asked Dennis on the plane yesterday if I really have to set up the tree this year. UM... :eek: YES! He said. :sad2: So, online shopping, pay the extra shipping to get stuff delivered by Christmas, Dennis will work on the cards in the next couple of day....if he is not working...and I will try to get that tree up by this evening. :rolleyes:
I rushed like the dickens to finally get our tree set up. Nothing like finishing hanging things up when guests are arriving :scared:

We sailed thru Tropical Storm Olga just before it became a hurricane last week. Several people were sick Sunday night thru Monday night. We had 30 foot swells! Whoa! I went to sleep and slept thru all the fun during the night. DSIL went up on deck to check it out and he said the water was splashing up on deck 9. :eek:
OMG!! All I could think of was the story of the deck with the swells when someone was on a ship. I remember Brack and Dennis online that evening - who was it that went through those swells.

I needed a smile tonight. What we really need are some prayers and pixie dust for my BIL and his family. We found out this afternoon that he was in a car accident Friday afternoon on the base where he works and he hit someone. That person died because of the crash. My BIL is in the hospital going through extensive testing because he has had a few seizures in the past and he doesn't know what happened so that is being looked into as an option. They don't know anything about the person's family yet. They could all use prayers right now. :(
Wow - prayers to your BIL

John and Carla, rest assured that the new American Girl Doll will be here shortly after the 1st. Savannah asked me if I sent a picture of her in for the doll.... Could it be more precious?

Happy Holidays to all of you!

Kim
I've been clicking on the AG countdown to see Savannah..uhm..Mia. ;)

John and Brack I love the photos. It was fabulous getting to see everyone again. I can't wait to show Isabella.

Back to work tomorrow...groan

Reading your plans makes me very happy that we don't live near family and have a rule that noone comes over on Christmas day. We will be getting up fairly early and enjoy the kids opening their gifts and then watch the Disney parade while eating breakfast. PJs are the dress of the day and we don't have any schedule to worry about. :) Kaitlyn does need to bake a birthday cake for her daddy though. She loves to bake! So unlike her mommy. ;)

I told Amy yesterday - it was a stressful day. I had a tension headache off and on all day because of all the commotion. Amy helped it out with a neck massage.

Even after all of that . . . I really would not change it. There was enough good with everyone at our house to outweigh all the stress of getting everything ready and doing all the work.

Sophia had a great day - she got the guitar she wanted from Santa, and is ready to be the new Miley Cyrus. Of course, she also got a new AG doll complete with a Christmas outfit. At 3:30 am she got up and wanted to go out to open gifts - I told her Santa had not come yet. It took her a long time to fall back to sleep, but then I had to to get her up at 8:30!

OH MY!!! 3:30!?!?!?! I thought that my kids were pushing it with a 6 am wake up. LOL! They had a ball though and seeing them so excited about every single thing they opened gave me that warm fuzzy feeling that I look forward to every year. :) I don't know how we are going to get William out of his room with his computer now...and it isn't even hooked up online yet.

Realit is back though and I am at work on standby until 2 when the work will start coming in. I was shocked to see that they were so busy Christmas Eve. They hadn't scheduled many typists so when the work started pouring in they sent out email alerts. I signed on while sitting up with the kids watching The Santa Clause movie for the umpteenth time and could have worked quite a bit longer but was very glad that I could log out after just 2 hours. :) We are working on emptying the rest of the containers. Mike ran into town this morning and bought some heavy duty shelves for the garage. It works pretty well to get things put away...you know the stuff that you generally don't want to mess with. He sets it all out on the shelf and then I go through it and put it in the room it needs to go in, clearing the shelves off for the next container to be emptied. ;)

Sophia had a great day - she got the guitar she wanted from Santa, and is ready to be the new Miley Cyrus.

Will she be taking lessons? DrHug would love to have a jam session with her when (IF WE EVER!) start traveling. His guitars will be in the MH with us. :thumbsup2

We tnink he is very cute! He has learned a new dance. :rolleyes1 Too cute!

Oh, Savanah would make a perfect AG doll! Did you send a picture?

My Mom watched that then called me. She told me all about it. Saw the resort we stayed at, saw the Christmas trees, the parade. But, she said they said you have to get to the parade at least 40 min early to get a good spot. She said they obviously were not with me! :lmao: We did get very lucky this time and walked to the front of main street and there was space for all of us on the curb right in front of the train station about 10 minutes before the parade arrived! I did not tell her that is not the norm! ;) She is too cute. Her first trip to WDW/DCL and now she has the bug too! :rotfl2:

Angie,

The new American Girl Doll of the Year is a red headed figure skater with a sprinkling of freckles... John and Carla keep sending me links, like I am not going to buy it or something.:rotfl:

Kim

I told Amy yesterday - it was a stressful day. I had a tension headache off and on all day because of all the commotion. Amy helped it out with a neck massage.

Even after all of that . . . I really would not change it. There was enough good with everyone at our house to outweigh all the stress of getting everything ready and doing all the work.

Sophia had a great day - she got the guitar she wanted from Santa, and is ready to be the new Miley Cyrus. Of course, she also got a new AG doll complete with a Christmas outfit. At 3:30 am she got up and wanted to go out to open gifts - I told her Santa had not come yet. It took her a long time to fall back to sleep, but then I had to to get her up at 8:30!

Steve's family was great and Steve tolererated my family the best he could, but Savannah was off all day. She started throwing up Christmas Eve and was up all night on and off. She got up and wanted to open presents at 9:30 which is way late for Christmas morning, but she had a fever all night and really was quite sick. She seemed ok, had fun opening presents and her fever seemed gone, so we thought she just had a bug.

Anyway, she had this strange rash under one arm. I thought maybe it was fever blisters. She would be fine, then grumpy, then fine, then not fine. This morning the rash was WORSE and her fever was back full on again.

Well, one benefit to having a sister who works for a pediatricians office is immediate care, so I took her to the DR. this morning, Steve was positive she had shingles but she actually has a staff infection. Get out! I had no idea, and the throwing up was just a coincidence. She will be on heavy duty antibiotics for the next 10 days.

I didn't even know people got that outside of hospitals. How do you even get a staff infection?

Anyway, a holiday for the books. I hope you all had a blast!

Kim

Oh my goodness!!! Someone we are crusing with on the aug repo cruise (justmestace) had to take her son to the ER to get checked out yesterday and it was also a staff infection...it was the second one that he had had. Some are resistant to antibiotics so be sure to keep an eye on her. Give that little girl a hug from us...especially her pal Kaitlyn. :) I hope that she feels better in time to celebrate her birthday!

Steve's family was great and Steve tolererated my family the best he could, but Savannah was off all day. She started throwing up Christmas Eve and was up all night on and off. She got up and wanted to open presents at 9:30 which is way late for Christmas morning, but she had a fever all night and really was quite sick. She seemed ok, had fun opening presents and her fever seemed gone, so we thought she just had a bug.

Anyway, she had this strange rash under one arm. I thought maybe it was fever blisters. She would be fine, then grumpy, then fine, then not fine. This morning the rash was WORSE and her fever was back full on again.

Well, one benefit to having a sister who works for a pediatricians office is immediate care, so I took her to the DR. this morning, Steve was positive she had shingles but she actually has a staff infection. Get out! I had no idea, and the throwing up was just a coincidence. She will be on heavy duty antibiotics for the next 10 days.

I didn't even know people got that outside of hospitals. How do you even get a staff infection?

Kim

There has been a lot in the news here about staph infections - especially some that are resistant to antibiotics as Lisa said. Most of the cases I have heard of around here are picked up off of surfaces in places like locker rooms, bathrooms, etc.. Be careful!

Sophia kept telling me today how the new AG doll looks just like Savannah and is an ice skater. She wants to get one for her Birthday and name her Savannah.

Oh, Kim.

Give Savannah a hug from me. I was sick a lot at Christmas when I was a kid, and know that it can suck a lot of the fun out of this time of the year. Any skating pics to share, what song(s) is Savannah skating to this year?

Pj

Angie,

The new American Girl Doll of the Year is a red headed figure skater with a sprinkling of freckles... John and Carla keep sending me links, like I am not going to buy it or something.:rotfl:

Kim

I want one!! I'm so out of the loop with kids toys!

Kim

Thank goodness you took her in right away. :eek: Sweet little thing!:love: Give her hugs from all of us, especially her buddy Aaron! :hug: Hopefully we will see them again tonight. I think they will head home on the first. That looks like the window of opportunity to get them safely over the Siskiyou Pass.

Oh my goodness!!! Someone we are crusing with on the aug repo cruise (justmestace) had to take her son to the ER to get checked out yesterday and it was also a staff infection...it was the second one that he had had. Some are resistant to antibiotics so be sure to keep an eye on her.

There has been a lot in the news here about staph infections - especially some that are resistant to antibiotics as Lisa said. Most of the cases I have heard of around here are picked up off of surfaces in places like locker rooms, bathrooms, etc.. Be careful!

It seems that we are hearing of these infections more often. Several of our Officers who spent a lot of time in the Katrina recovery have been experiencing reoccurring staph infections. One of them had to have IV atibiotics twice a day for weeks. He kept a port in his arm to administer it to himself. :scared1:

Most come from places that John mentioned. I never have been a "hand-washer" until recently. Now I do it all the time. :laundy:

Oh, Kim.

Give Savannah a hug from me. I was sick a lot at Christmas when I was a kid, and know that it can suck a lot of the fun out of this time of the year. Any skating pics to share, what song(s) is Savannah skating to this year?

Pj

Thanks PJ! I should really post some links to youtube or post some pics. I will work on that. For the Christmas Show she skated to When Christmas Comes to Town from Polar Express. It is her favorite Christmas song. She is moving up a level, but still keeps the same music, as it goes with the outfit, until May. It is from Suessical the musical. It is instrumental but fast. She is a fast skater that little girl...

Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter