12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want one!! I'm so out of the loop with kids toys!

Thank goodness you took her in right away. :eek: Sweet little thing!:love: Give her hugs from all of us, especially her buddy Aaron! :hug: Hopefully we will see them again tonight. I think they will head home on the first. That looks like the window of opportunity to get them safely over the Siskiyou Pass.

Tell them to drive safely!

Kim

Kim, how is Savannah doing today? I am concerned about her. :)

She is doing much better. All the red lines that were going out from the big bumps are going away and her fever ended this afternoon. I think these are all BIG signs. I found out from one of the teachers in the district that this had been going around, then Carla sent me this article from another school district that they had to totally disenfect the schools. Well, maybe I am PTA president for a reason this year, I am going to make sure the principal is aware of this and see if we can get a thourough disenfection while all the kids are gone.

Kim

It seems that we are hearing of these infections more often. Several of our Officers who spent a lot of time in the Katrina recovery have been experiencing reoccurring staph infections. One of them had to have IV atibiotics twice a day for weeks. He kept a port in his arm to administer it to himself. :scared1:

Most come from places that John mentioned. I never have been a "hand-washer" until recently. Now I do it all the time. :laundy:

It's really scary. I had never seen it before and I had no idea what I was looking at. I am glad today that I am one of those freakish parents who freak out at stuff like this. I am also grateful I have insurance.

Kim

She is doing much better. All the red lines that were going out from the big bumps are going away and her fever ended this afternoon. I think these are all BIG signs. I found out from one of the teachers in the district that this had been going around, then Carla sent me this article from another school district that they had to totally disenfect the schools. Well, maybe I am PTA president for a reason this year, I am going to make sure the principal is aware of this and see if we can get a thourough disenfection while all the kids are gone.

Kim

I am so glad to hear that she is improving!!! :) The other kid...14 I think...had to go back in last night and they spent over 30 minutes digging the infection out of his arm. :( It had swollen more and the red area had gotten larger.

Good luck dealing with the principal.

Well, maybe I am PTA president for a reason this year, I am going to make sure the principal is aware of this and see if we can get a thourough disenfection while all the kids are gone.
Kim

Mmmm.... Wouldn't it be much more likely she picked it up at the rink though? Maybe in a locker room. Germs love to hang out there.

I think the best way to deal is just to wash hands more often and try to not share things. (Kinda like when we were on the Magic those first few days last year.)

Glad she's doing better though....

Omigosh, I am so glad Savannah is doing okay. Aaron is right here by my side and he says "Hi Savannah!" I have been working quite a bit, so didn't know she was sick. Pretty Scary. I just read an article about Overuse/Misuse of antibiotics and how it has caused a lot of these bacterial mutation problems. Now the ABX aren't working as well. I still see a lot of Amoxicillin prescriptions for colds and flu. :confused3

Keeping Savannah in my prayers.

Hugs,
Dennis

I am so glad to hear that she is improving!!! :) The other kid...14 I think...had to go back in last night and they spent over 30 minutes digging the infection out of his arm. :( It had swollen more and the red area had gotten larger.

Good luck dealing with the principal.

Hi Lisa !

OUCH. Digging the infection out makes me hurt. Yikes. A little over two years ago I ran into two cases of fatal infections from cat scratches, here in this area. That was scary too. Flesh eating strep. No more playing with the kittens for me. I wish I knew if they were indoor or outdoor cats. That type of infection seems to have died down a bit. I haven't heard of any new cases here lately. One of the cases was a Nurse who worked at the VA and the other was down in Roseberg. The victim's Mom was a patient of mine. I had a hard time keeping my eyes dry when talking to her.

On the bright side.........It was so good to see all of you at AKL. :goodvibes

Good morning!
Thanks for the birthday wishes! I spent my day driving back from Charlotte with the kids... 11 hours in the car!!! We had a great week with Trey's side of the family; Trey was only there for a few days because he had to be back at work, but the kids and I stayed for a whole week to maximize cousin/grandparent time!! We only get to see the Kansas branch of the family once a year or so, and Hannah and cousin Hunter are the best of pals.
Here they are:
IMG_2717.jpg

Walt has been very clear with Santa for a month that he wanted a Wiggles movie and a Buzz Lightyear ball, so here's a very happy boy Christmas morning:
IMG_2679.jpg

Mmmm.... Wouldn't it be much more likely she picked it up at the rink though? Maybe in a locker room. Germs love to hang out there.

I think the best way to deal is just to wash hands more often and try to not share things. (Kinda like when we were on the Magic those first few days last year.)

Glad she's doing better though....

I thought about that, because they do share with the hockey players, but she had not been in the locker room since dec. 8th. We only use it during shows. Does it incubate that long?

Welcome Home Marielle and a Happy Belated Birthday! It sounds like you all had a nice trip. :)

I thought about that, because they do share with the hockey players, but she had not been in the locker room since dec. 8th. We only use it during shows. Does it incubate that long?

This is what I found.

Staph is one of the "opportunistic" bacteria, meaning that it is always present on your skin, but can turn into an infection when you get a cut. Sometimes it just finds it's way into a pore and turns into a pimple or boil. Whether or not you get an infection is determined by many factors, one being the condition of your immune system, another being the number of the little critters that get in.

From the news reports I have read so far, this has been spreading in schools like crazy. The majority of cases have been atheletes but those same locker rooms in schools are used by all the students and they also have contact with possible carriers throughout the school.

We finally got our house listed for sale tonight! We still have projects we wanted to do (update faucets, lighting, etc) and when I mentioned this they said "don't bother, we will be marketing this a vineyard property and the buyer will likely not care. They will use it as a residence for their interns or workers. Just declutter." Oh, and about the listing price, they said "maybe we should ask another $25,000 and see what happens." Yes!! Works for me! :woohoo: So, declutter....do these people realize we have had THREE huge dumpsters up here? :sad2: So, maybe a storage unit? another dumpster? one of each? We have 10 days until they bring the other realtors thru. But I have 4 days off and Dennis has 5 or more, so we should be able to declutter.

So, any prayers and pixie dust for this will be greatly appreciated.

Angie, after hearing your adventures in de-cluttering over the last months, this should be a piece of cake. Good luck, hugs and make sure no one gets hurt in the process.

Pj

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter