12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa - I did see the one of John2 and the girls swarming him in the tube!!
Very cute!

John (and Amy), you guys must know how bad I am with words at this point. I can only imagine what your mom's cards meant this holiday season. I can't tell you how much you mean to us - AND your "BUCS" magnet is safe on our fridge....still.....but John2 had the OSU coozie out hexing it for the basketball game ~ the toothbrush is being fought over three ways... (Haley said - "forgetaboutit")

On a serious note, I know I am usually trying for the fun side of things and that I have probably not said many things I wish to be repeated about my own family....but no matter what I have said I respect and appreciate my mother in more ways than you can imagine. How she was when I was growing up, compared to my sister, made the three of us who we are.

This past week has been a scary one for my mom. And for me and Amber. We think she has breast cancer. She is not telling us the truth, she is not even telling us the same story. My sister, firstly is freaking since she feels its hereditary --- or contagious...me, I am frantic...for my mother....she is going through a divorce and my sister moved out about a year ago, so she is really on her own and is a very "keep to yourself" person.

any extra thoughts or prayers please send my dear mom's way, thanks...

Vanessa,

:grouphug: . My mom did the same thing, she lied all the time about how she was because she did not want to worry us. I guess the mom"ness" never leaves... I hope all is ok!

morning all..back to work.Becka - I am right there with you having planning withdrawls....I need to get something nailed down. I don't really think the 4 nighters are any deal I looked at one for May and it was more money than this past one...although they have FL rates out right now for Jan and Feb....

Vanessa, the rebook lady told me that our cruise was not full until they put out the florida rates. She said as soon as they did that, the cruise filled.

Good morning, friends!

I have two trips I need to get working on. We want to go back to Disneyland before our annual passes expire in March. I am looking at the long weekend in Feb. (President's Day) Kim, maybe you could go then also??? We could have Aaron come over and meet us there. :thumbsup2

We also are going to Montana for a few days in late March. DGS has decided he wants to look at the University of Montana. We have an appt with an admissions counselor on March 27.

Hmmm, let me see on that one. I have to go to florida the next week, but lemme talk to Steve....

Wicked cool that you noticed:thumbsup2 I of course didn't notice the expression until you pointed it out but then I'm from MA!

Sometimes I just say it. I have no idea where it comes from. Kind of like "hurts like the dickens" what does that mean exactly?

Well I guess that settles me asking if you want us to move to late seating . . . Lisa - how big a table can we get?

(Can we get Vanessa and Family at our table too?)

Let's see, once Carla books, that will be table for 17!

John1

No, but we could do a table for just the kids, and then an adult table... Do they have 12 tops?

Vanessa,

:grouphug: . My mom did the same thing, she lied all the time about how she was because she did not want to worry us. I guess the mom"ness" never leaves... I hope all is ok!

MIL lied to us also..... We knew she was having radiation treatments but everytime we called we were told she was fine. So it was quite a shock to get a phone call two days before xmas that year with "You need to come visit now because she's dying."

I just read this to Amy, and she says to tell Steve she will go to Hawaii with him . . .

John1

John, Hawaii is my favorite place in the whole world. I love going there more than anywhere. Steve said we could go back to Hawaii next year but Savannah had such a good time and was so happy, I just figured, I can go when she is older. Plus you all were so nice and I had such a good time with everyone, it really is the best thing for all of us. But tell Amy, I am all about another vacation in February 2008 Beaches of Maui!!!!!

Well I guess that settles me asking if you want us to move to late seating . . . Lisa - how big a table can we get?

(Can we get Vanessa and Family at our table too?)

Let's see, once Carla books, that will be table for 17!

John1

I think you and Sophia must have had the same conversation Savannah and I did.

What to do? I'm ready for a vacation! I know its unreasonable to go back on vacation after having one but I'm ready. Everyone should have a holiday after the holidays kwim?!

I ordered the 5th addition of the Passporter DCL book - why did I do that? The same reason I buy the passporter WDW and Unofficial Guide (love that book - love Len Testa he's my hero despite the fact that he does all of that statistician stuff)

Hey Elaine - tell Ken its been so long that I've been to New Orleans I still can't believe there is no direct flight from here. Ridiculous!

Also I can't believe Ballmer is the keynote and Powell is the General one. I'd prefer Powell as the keynote. I think that would be very interesting.

well, I feel a little better....I just called and made some ADR's for ESPN the weekend....and DH and I just discussed that our annual May trip will be a week long instead of the usual Wed - Sun.....:) Yipppeee!!!

no discounted rates yet...so the resort is up in the air..John (and I secretly do as well) wants to stay at the Boardwalk for the ESPN trip, and if we are doing a full week in May, I would like to do a moderate...maybe CSR as the pool and the playground right next to it are a great feature (for us).

I got my new DCL confirmation in the mail!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter