12/09/06 Cruise Continued ~ Pirating Bananas DIS Geekorama Part 2 Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
MrsMork said:
Caught up once again! Going to play with DrHug for a few min before I head off to bed. Have a good night.

ANGIE!! Much, too much information there!! :blush:

I'm back.

Forgot the turkey recipe for Vanessa;

Brine:
1 cup salt
1 cup brown sugar
2 oranges quartered
2 lemons quartered
6 sprigs thyme
4 sprigs rosemary

dissolve the salt and sugar in 2 gallons of cold water. Add the oranges, lemons, thyme and rosemary. Soak turkey in this brine 4 -24 hours.
I use one of those large insulated drink containers that are used for picnics. It held my 23 lb bird fine last year with room to put ice on top. You can find them at sporting goods stores. Or you could use a cooler. Pack with ice to keep it very cold while soaking. If you have a container large enough to submerge the bird in and put in your fridge you could soak it there also.

To roast:

remove from brine and rinse under cold running water. Pat dry. Place breast side DOWN in roasting pan and rub all sides with room temperature butter. Season lightly inside and out with salt and pepper. Stuff the turkey with 1 large onion quartered, 1 large orange cut into 8ths, l stalk cellery cut into 1 in. pieces, 1 large carrot cut into 1 in. pieces, 2 bay leaves, and 2 sprigs thyme. Roast 1 hour uncovered at 325 degrees, remove from the oven, turn breast up and baste with about 1/2 cup turkey stock. Continue roasting until cooked to 165 degrees on meat thermometer in the thigh. (2 1/2 to 3 hours for a 10-12 lb turkey) Remove from oven and tent with foil, let set 20 min before carving.

This is very, very tasty and very moist. YUMMER!!

The only thing is you will have to cook your dressing separately. Cooking the turkey unstuffed cuts down on the cooking time. :)

Today was such a blur. Took Dina to preschool, then had an airconditioning guy here helping out DH with our upstairs problem and deciding what to do with the addition. Had to go back out to pick up Dina. No time to shop in between... :sad2:

Had to get to Amanda's school for her conference (she is doing great! :goodvibes ) then man the book fair. Very busy today! No time for me to look around myself. Had to buy Dina a $3 pen that she took the plastic off of AND a book that she decided to write her name in with that pen... :sad2:

Dina then decides to turn the combination on the money box, so it is locked and I can not get to the money. Made a few calls for the combination. Finally get a chance to look through what the girls wanted so I could pay and get the last customer out. Another mom was picking up Sarah from marching band to take her home, but they were late also so I met them at her school...

No time to go home. Have to pick up cupcakes for the preschool dinner at 5:30. Shot to the store and pick up. Call the pizza place to tell them what pies to make then go to pick them up. DH not there. :confused3 Call him at home to find he was wondering where I was because he needed a ride back to work. Ummm, that;s why we have cell phones. :rolleyes: Delivery guy picked him up. Grabbed the pizzas and head to the dinner...

Dinner was fun. Lots of food and friends. It is so cute to see Dina with her little friends. wasn't too long and left by 7. Got home so homework could be done. Girls in bed by 9. Now I have to get all of the things I didn't get done today, tomorrow! :sad2:

kimerinc said:
Andy,

I am reading these slowly and i think you are telling me another GA tall tale! I have never seen that show and believed every single word you said. Now I am wary, I mean really, are their any texans or Arizonans on this cruise (except Aaron)... Armadillo.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Umm...yeah. BUSTED.

lbgraves said:
I tell you....the pill the pill the pill!!!! Doubling up so no worries. :thumbsup2 LOL! Now all of you who don't have a white background can read it anyway....but she warned you....TWICE NOW! :rotfl:

Too much info...too much info....even if I can't see it...too much info! :sad2:

kimerinc said:
I love "the winner takes it all"! LOVE IT!!!

That will be the themse song of the 2006 Run for the Hammocks on CC.

Or, Chariots of Fire....we need someone video taping the run and setting it to music...that would hilarious.

87Heel said:
It's been said before, but I love it when people catch up! And then they can :rotfl2: about stuff like the armadillo all over again!

The armadillo was funny?...I was serious about that part...didn't you see it? Kim didn't see it either. :confused3

kimerinc said:
He could rapelle of decks, there is always climbing up the balconies, or how about swimming along side the boat trying not to get sucked in? These are all intense workouts.

Like the Run for the Hammocks isn't going to be enough of a workout..or the run for the Lime Green Jeep in Cozumel....?

GoofyforGoofy said:
girl_cray2.gif
estudiandot8lu.gif
--->
girl_impossible.gif
einstein123702248lj.gif

The Andy and Kristina Show.....what time is that on at nights?! I keep missing it!!! And it is soooooooo funny!!

becka said:
We may still see about upgrading depending on how much it costs but I know I would miss all the Deck 6 fun then. :sad2: yes - you should stay on deck 6!!! :banana: :yay:

On the hair thing....maybe it is not such a good idea after all. I was thinking of geting maybe 4 inches or so trimmed so it would still be long enough to pull back and would not be too drastic of a change. - that sounds OK - that should be too bad if you can still pull it back!! :thumbsup2
diana

kimerinc said:
Well, your son is a lot younger than this, but when we were at the pool in AZ, this mother, yelled and I mean loudly to her son

"You are 10 years old, stop holding yourself like that! You do not need to hold it to stop it from coming. Go to the bathroom"

I bet that child just died!

Poor Mom doesn't understand that he is not trying to stop anything, it just feels good!! It also becomes a habit, bad habit , but a habit for some boys to just do it when bored, nervous...... I guess it is relaxing????

lillygator said:
Karen - HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your DS!! Is it today? I looked on the birthday list but don't see it!

Thanks V. I guess I'll admit that today is my birthday. My oldest was my birthday present from God 9 years ago. My kids have been the best presnt I've ever received....teary moment more me....okay...I'm better. Now for a slap of reality - I'm home with the kids b/c school is closed for parent teacher conference. - they are being soooo bad.

I have a feeling by the time the day is over, they will be begging to go back to school.....I have so much in planned for the day - finish buttons (that machine really hurts your hand!), finish door signs, finish t shirts, get to packing. I'm gonna be "Nazi Mom"...."Where are your sandals?" "Go find your sandals or no lunch!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter