101 days to go! **UPDATED AT 1 days to go!**)

Verity Chambers

<font color=blue>He's delicious! Rather like <font
Well Friday is a momentous occasion in this house as it will be the famous Double Digit Dance Day! WOO HOO! :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :cheer2: :banana: :banana: :cheer2:
Even Simon is slightly excited about this and we are marking the occasion with a tea party, sandwiches and sausages on sticks of course! I may even push the boat out and buy a cake! (Sad person, I do know this!).

Anyway,it all began last July when sick of my constant whining, Simon agreed we could book a trip to Florida for August 2008! After a month of trawling the net for deals, (there aren't any in early August! :surfweb: ), we took the plunge and opted for a package deal as it went from East Midlands which is a big bonus for us. :thumbsup2 We have always stayed off site, but I convinced Simon of the benefits of staying onsite with a two year old ;) and even managed to push him from a value to moderate resort ,(POFQ, nice and compact with Evie!), didn't I do well! :rotfl:

We convinced my parents that they would like to buy us our Disney passes as our Birthday and Christmas presents for the next ... years! And have been saving like maniacs every month to pay it off (only a few hundred more to go!).

I copied this off a fellow UK disser and made myself a countdown board which keeps me excited everyday (sad, again, I know!!!).

countdown-1.jpg

ADRS have been made: Boma, Cape May Cafe, 1900s Park Fare, Ohana's and Crystal Palace. I have made a loose itinerary, but it is not set in stone by any means. We have hired the car ( a deluxe to keep DH very happy!) and are taking our own car seat.

Things left to do:1. Sort Sea World tickets. Evie will love it at SW!! She gets excited at the Sea Life Centre in Skegness, bless her! And we are planning on spending quite a bit of time there, Sea World that is, not Skegness! 2. Evie and I are going to make some cute Mousekeeping envelopes and a scrapbook for when we come back. 3. I'm trying to sort a Wishes cruise. 4. I want to book the photoshhot at the Grand Floridian, but can't do that till 30 days out. 5. We need a new pushchair as ours is too big to cope with there. And that's about it I think. Please tell me if you think of anything else!

All that's left is to introduce the cast!

Me, Verity (30),Disney freak, obsessive about all thigs Disney.

DLPMay2007077.jpg

DH, Simon (31), pretends not to love it but does really! Loves being in Florida and driving a big car!
DLPMay2007107.jpg

And Evie (2) our Disney princess, who already loves Mickey and Minnie!
DLPMay2007047.jpg

So that's us, The Mason's, ready to do Disney in just 101 days!!!!

Happy planning-will you be updating as you go along-as i am deffinatley in for the ride if you do.Just one thing i can think of to mention-you wanted to get a buggy-do you need it before you go?-Because if you can make do without one-DTD-The Resorts-Inside the parks they are selling buggy's for $40.They are navy+red,have a sun hood,lightweight,recline+a little basket underneath.
Also don't forget to make up a suprise goody bag for Evie on the loooong trip-we did this with our dd who was3 when we last went-and she was sooo excited every hour or so to get a little treat out of the bag-we put things in like Disney stickers,Disney colouring book,etc....x.

Happy planning-will you be updating as you go along-as i am deffinatley in for the ride if you do.Just one thing i can think of to mention-you wanted to get a buggy-do you need it before you go?-Because if you can make do without one-DTD-The Resorts-Inside the parks they are selling buggy's for $40.They are navy+red,have a sun hood,lightweight,recline+a little basket underneath.
Also don't forget to make up a suprise goody bag for Evie on the loooong trip-we did this with our dd who was3 when we last went-and she was sooo excited every hour or so to get a little treat out of the bag-we put things in like Disney stickers,Disney colouring book,etc....x.

Thanks for that! o, the buggy will just be for the trip, they sell them at Disney? Will definately consider this!

Yes, I'm planning to do a goody bag. Will probably wrap them up too to make it seemmore exciting than it really is!!

Thanks for that! o, the buggy will just be for the trip, they sell them at Disney? Will definately consider this!

Yes, I'm planning to do a goody bag. Will probably wrap them up too to make it seemmore exciting than it really is!!

I don't know how to do links-but if you look up Kolcraft Tour Sport you will come across some pics+info of this.Look for the navy+red one.I don't know why but it is showing it without having a net bag underneath-when i am pretty sure it comes with it:confused3 .x.

:banana: Happy Double Digit Boogie for Friday Verity:banana:

Your plans sound great, enjoy the rest of your planning :thumbsup2

Sounds fantastic :goodvibes We are on day 75 of countdown and am already over excited :laughing: You would think after 14 trips the excitement would fade but after a year off (not doing that again ;) ) it is too exciting :lovestruc

sounds great,enjoy the rest of your planning:goodvibes

Brilliant, I love your countdown board:thumbsup2

aww it looks like Evie is going to have a great trip. she looks like she is really enjoying her self at DLP.:goodvibes

Cant wait for the trippies!:) we have a Maclaren stroller that folds very neat and we have used it a few trips now it's really handy!:)

Cant wait for the trippies!:) we have a Maclaren stroller that folds very neat and we have used it a few trips now it's really handy!:)

Thanks I'lltake a look and probably get back to you to see if I'm looking at the right one!

Just been food shopping for the party! LOL! Dh has just said "oh no,you're not going to put photos of it on the boards are you?!" :rotfl: What do you think!

Great pictures!

Enjoy your party tomorrow!!

You're going to have a great time - look forward to reading all about it when you get back!!

I'm super excited for you all after reading your trip report Verity:)

Enjoy your DDD today:yay:

:dance3: :dance3: enjoy the party! :dance3: :dance3:

(and yes of course we want to see photos!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter