1 Crazy Lady's Lawn Displays 2008! Update on Page 13 - BUSTED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still nothing new to report. Corey drove by there on her way to the airport today. The only odd thing in the area was a nice limo that was parked across the street near her home.

Maybe Ellen heard about her after all, and was there to pay her a visit!

Are lawn displays an American tradition?

In the UK the only times we decorate our houses are at Christmas and one or two people per street may light a pumpkin and decorate their window at Halloween.

I have never ever seen a display with manaquins but one day I hope too!

Maybe when I have a little more time on my hands I can be the UK version of 1 crazy lady!

It was like that for many years in the States -- plus American flags for Flag Day and the 4th of July -- but we seem to be spiraling out of control more and more. We had one crazy couple doing all the holidays in my town. Now Christmas and Halloween are standard for every third home and more and more people are doing Valentine's Day, Easter, St Patrick's Day, etc. However, the Crazy Lady featured in this thread is in a class all her own. The folks with a bunch of inflatables on their lawns can't compete!

Still nothing new to report. Corey drove by there on her way to the airport today. The only odd thing in the area was a nice limo that was parked across the street near her home.

Wow!!! Cant wait to hear more! I know Conc contacted the Ellen show :rotfl:

Wow!!! Cant wait to hear more! I know Conc contacted the Ellen show :rotfl:

LOL I had been kidding about that, atlhough if it made the DIS newsletter and is being e-mailed around people's work places maybe someone else wasnt!

This has Ellen written all over it...<g>:happytv:

<---slapping my hand though - I do suppose it would cause some hurt feelings and nobody wants to do that.

On the other hand, she might enjoy the celebrity.

The OP has asked that this just remain between us folks here on the DIS.

Um...hasn't someone already contacted Ellen? That was the post to which I was referencing, albeit poorly.

One hint.....it's far from done, but you know, it's not easy being green! I can't wait to see the final display!!!!

Tears are steaming down my face! I am so glad I happened upon this!

I skipped through quickly, pls tell me I didn't miss anything, I saw MLK day and the valentines/black history month classic, was there anything else? Groundhog day? Don't tell me she skipped over groundhog day! I love this thread! I can't wait for the frogs! Think she will repaint the mannquins white and make them Irishmen drinking beers?

Are lawn displays an American tradition?

In the UK the only times we decorate our houses are at Christmas and one or two people per street may light a pumpkin and decorate their window at Halloween.

I have never ever seen a display with manaquins but one day I hope too!

Maybe when I have a little more time on my hands I can be the UK version of 1 crazy lady!

No, most American's do not decorate their lawns for all of the holidays. Most folks around here decorate for Christmas, some do for Halloween, many go all out patriotic for July 4th, and even fewer decorate for Easter. Outside of those holidays, most people, if they do anything will maybe hang a wreath on their front door.

Needless to say, people that go to the extremes that this lady goes to are few and very far between.

Please oh please......

Just a little peek today? :cool1:

I wish....maybe, I have to go straight home to walk the dogs when I get off of work. Depending on daylight and household duties, I may try to sneak over at some point this evening to snap a picture or two. Honestly, I don't think it's going to happen. Maybe I can leave home early enough tomorrow to snap a few photos to put up here tomorrow night. For sure, I can get some photos by Saturday night. I have a bunch of errands to run Saturday that will take me down that way.

I tell ya', I am fine with Corey traveling for work, but when she is gone for over 5 days, being home alone to do it all starts to get a bit more difficult. FYI - Corey doesn't come home again until next Thursday. :guilty:

Yes, there were some traditional Irish decorations, but there is a special trio that makes an appearance. I will say too, that it has a Disney connection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter