You've Just watched the fireworks.....

Where do the taxis pull up in the TTC. We had a nightmare trying to find one last year. Its not very nice wandering around in the pitch dark trying to find a taxi! Especially when there was no one around to help.

Im not comfortable enough getting a car. Im confused about someone saying get a cab from MK after fireworks to epcot resorts? If its onsite can you still get cabs around??

Mills yes, you can get cabs around onsite if you want, but to be honest Disney transport will do this for you so I can't imagine many times when you would have to or want to get a cab.

When we stayed on I-drive in 2005 we basically just had to miss the MK fireworks last year =[ Our shuttle left from Epcot only so we saw IllumiNATIONS. Also saw the earlier Fantasmic showing and managed to make it back to Epcot in time but it was a close shave! My mum didn't want to be getting loads of taxis to and from Disney (the only one we got to Disney was on our Keys to the kingdom day cos the shuttle wouldn't have got us there in time) due to the cost plus she didn't want to drive in the US and I wasn't confident enough since I only passed in 2004 less than a year prior so driving wasn't really an option for us. I'm still considering whether or not to rent a car in 2007, I probably will as long as my sat-nav works :)

Lizzybear said:
When we stayed on I-drive in 2005 we basically just had to miss the MK fireworks last year =[ Our shuttle left from Epcot only so we saw IllumiNATIONS. Also saw the earlier Fantasmic showing and managed to make it back to Epcot in time but it was a close shave! My mum didn't want to be getting loads of taxis to and from Disney (the only one we got to Disney was on our Keys to the kingdom day cos the shuttle wouldn't have got us there in time) due to the cost plus she didn't want to drive in the US and I wasn't confident enough since I only passed in 2004 less than a year prior so driving wasn't really an option for us. I'm still considering whether or not to rent a car in 2007, I probably will as long as my sat-nav works :)

Why dont you stay onsite instead of International Drive, then it won't matter that you don't have a car.

Linda :confused3

ERICS MUM said:
Why dont you stay onsite instead of International Drive, then it won't matter that you don't have a car.

I think it depends on what you want from your holiday - not everyone wants to stay onsite for a multitude of different reasons :)

I personally would never stay offsite without a car as I feel it restricts you a bit too much. Having said that where I work most people that I book want to stay on I drive and a good amount of people don't hire a car and have done so in the past.

If you plan to spend a good amount of time in the Disney parks then I would recommend staying onsite and uising the great transportation.

I have to say that I do feel a bit like I'm in a Disney bubble staying onsite and it is nice to get out of it sometimes so on our next trip we are splitting our stay between onsite and offsite which will give us the best of both worlds.

ERICS MUM said:

If you look at my sig you'll see that next year we're splitting our stay. We don't want to stay onsite the whole time as we do like to do things offsite too so this way we're getting the best of both worlds :thumbsup2
We didn't stay onsite last time cos in 2002 mum booked the holiday at the TA and in 2005 staying onsite was too expensive for our dates, we got a good deal staying at the Sheraton as a package. This time we're going off-season so it's much more affordable.

We stayed on I-Drive in 2003 (at the Quality Inn Int'l Drive), without a car. never again! we frequently missed the last lynx bus back from WDW, was restricted to the hotel's shuttle for universal, which was inconveniently timed in the evenings, and spent a fortune on taxis!

This year, we're staying in a villa near Poinciana, bit of a trek but worth it for the location. Got a car, will be happily travelling early in the morning and late at night without worrying about missing a connection somewhere!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter