• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

You've just been Mike'd...15 days in the World with lots of surprises! Updated 10/8

I_Luv_Stitch

Mouseketeer
Welcome to my second Trip Report, as I have been home for nearly 2 weeks I thought I better start this Trip Report. Our trip was filled with laughter, fun, surprises and selfies!! I hope you stick around and read about our adventures! :goodvibes

Let me give you the details of our trip before I begin the first update...

Introductions:
Who:

This is us

Jess (Me)

I’m 18 and turned 18 on this trip! I have just finished school and awaiting results for University, I was one of the main planners for this trip, as I couldn’t wait to get back as 4 years is way to long, and the thought of going back to Disney helped get me through my exams! My favourite Disney Films are Finding Nemo and Tangled, and my favourite ride is Test Track but this might have changed on this trip…

Ellie (Sister)

She’s 16 and was very jealous I was celebrating my birthday in Disney World! She’s not as obsessed with Disney as Mum and I and has just finished her GCSE exams and is going back to school to do her A-Levels in September. Her favourite Disney Film is Tangled and her favourite ride is Splash!

Jo (Mum) also known as DisneyJo on the Dis

Mum is the main planner of every Disney holiday (vacation) we have been on, she was up early on both ADR and FP+ days, she planned where and what we were doing and also organised some surprises for the trip! Mum was the first British Mom’s Panellist in 2009 and this is the first time we have been back to Disney since 2009! Her favourite Disney Film is UP and her favourite ride is Soarin’

David (Dad)

Dad worked and paid for this trip like every other trip. He is a Professional Golfer which is the reason why we took our Mini Golf so seriously:rotfl: His favourite Disney Film is UP as well and his favourite rides are Test Track and Splash.

Where:

At Saratoga Springs Resort

When:
From the 1st July to the 17th July (well that is when we landed back in England)

Why:
We haven’t been to Disney World since Christmas 2009, so this was a much needed Disney fix and apparently was our last family holiday :( we also celebrated two birthdays and an anniversary.

Chapters:

Lead Up To Departure Day

Day 1 - July 1st 2014
Departure Day
The One With The Resort Part One Part Two

Day 2 - July 2nd 2014
Do You Have A Frog In Your Room?
All Done By 10.30am!!! Part One Part Two
I Don't Remember That Drop...
Surprise Number One
Jess, I Just Kicked A Lizard!!

Day 3 - July 3rd 2014
'Two To A Spot' Part One Part Two

I AM HERE!!! Woo hoo!!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip and hear the story behind your title LOL

I AM HERE!!! Woo hoo!!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip and hear the story behind your title LOL

Yay I'm so happy you're here!
Its on the first park day, so you wont have to wait long(I've changed the title, but I will make sure you know about the story of the previous title!!), the only thing is I'm having to resize every photo which is annoying!!!:badpc::rotfl:

The Lead Up To Departure Day

Here is my countdown that I created from the 120 day point before our trip, but I took this around the 8 day mark!!

The week leading up to our trip, I had to go into school for our leavers Eucharist and my friends had organised a birthday meal for me, the only reason I’m sharing this is because they got me a Mickey Mouse clubhouse birthday cake!

Now let’s fast forward to the day before we go… I had a driving lesson, and it was packing day. Mum had got us to create piles of clothes, shoes, swim wear and all the other extras we needed on her floor. Mum had hurt her back prior to the trip so needed help to pack, so Ellie and I were called! There were strict rules on how to pack everyone’s stuff across all the suitcases. This is because Mum always likes to make sure everyone has at least one set of clothes in each suitcase just in case the suitcase goes missing in transit. We went to bed at a reasonable time, but we didn’t have to be up at the crack of dawn as our flight wasn’t until 1.50pm the next day.

Departure Day - July 1st 2014

I woke up at 6.50am and quietly packed the last little things into the hand luggage that Ellie and I were sharing. We had our bags and suitcases by the door by 9.30am where we were getting an upset look from our cat!!

We left the house at 9.45am for our journey to London Gatwick airport which took less than an hour and we got there at 10.30am. Once we left the M25 Mum phoned the car pick-up service, so we could just meet someone in the specified car park and they would take our car and park it for the length of our trip. We got to bag check and had to print our own boarding passes off at one of the machines just by the bag check counters. After battling the people who had left the trollies in the walk way, we finally sighed with relief when our bags were under the weight limit :rotfl:
We got to Security and everyone went through fine except me, I always get beeped when going through the detectors, I must look shifty haha!!:confused3
Once we got to the departure lounge we had 2 hours to kill! Ellie updated her Snapchat story and I checked Instagram and Facebook, Mum and Dad went to look at the shops and Dad bought a top from FatFace (like normal!!). Behind our seats was the duty free and the Pandora section of the duty free shop, where I found a bracelet and charm I liked and wanted to buy with my birthday money! But I decided to wait! Mum went and bought some sandals from Accessorize and Mum also bought Ellie and I a scrunchie each. Normally we would get McDonalds when flying out but this time we went from North Terminal, we weren’t able to get one, so Ellie and I convinced Mum and Dad to buy us a milkshake from Shake a Lula, I got a Cadburys Crunchie one and Ellie got an Oreo one.

And I Instagramed this…

Milkshake #airport #disneyworldhereicome #excited #crunchie #milkshake #Gatwick #disneyworld

At 12.45pm the gate opened and we walked over to gate 568, where we were the first into the gate, we boarded the plane at 1.15pm but while we were sitting there we saw a couple who got through bag check and security with all their luggage and were wondering and asking the gate lady what they should do!!!
We boarded and our seats were 34 and 35 J and H, so we were quite near the back, but there wasn’t that much turbulence, so we didn’t mind! We were up in the air by 2.15pm So nice and quick!!
With a 9 hour flight ahead of us we settled in quite quick to the inflight entertainment and we watched lots of films among the 4 of us; I watched the Lego Movie, Anchorman 2, Modern Family, and Cuban Fury. I also created 3 loom bands, one for dad, a pink one and a Minnie Mouse coloured one to match my nails!

Ellie modelling the first loom band I made on the plane...

While we were waiting at the airport Mum gave Ellie and I a colouring book for the flight, I got a Nemo colouring book with stickers haha and Ellie got a Princess colouring book!
The food on the flight wasn’t that bad for a change, we got Sausage and Mash with vegetables and for dessert we got a Pomegranate and White Chocolate Mousse.
After our food, Mum and I went for a much needed walk to the back of the plane to stretch our legs and we saw huge lakes and bridges over where we thought was Connecticut (it said on my little screen!!).

Once we got back to our seats they were starting to bring round sandwiches, they were Coronation Chicken, which Ellie and I didn’t touch but we were happy it came with a mini KitKat.
When we landed in Orlando at 5.50pm (or 10.50pm UK time) we were faced with the longest queue that we ever entered the whole trip which was Customs!! Once we got through Customs, we were able to walk up to the conveyor belt and pick our luggage right off well Dad and Ellie got the luggage, we had already seen all 3 cases go by when we were waiting in line!

I will leave it here before we get to the faux monorail and check in at Saratoga Springs Resort!

A CADBURY CRUNCH MILKSHAKE?!
That's it. I'm moving to England :rotfl2:
But seriously, I'm already so in love with your TR!! I love your writing style!!

I had to go into school for our leavers Eucharist and my friends had organised a birthday meal for me, the only reason I’m sharing this is because they got me a Mickey Mouse clubhouse birthday cake!

They know you well ::yes::

We left the house at 9.45am for our journey to London Gatwick airport which took less than an hour and we got there at 10.30am. Once we left the M25 Mum phoned the car pick-up service

If I was from England this would make so much more sense:rolleyes1

I must look shifty haha!!

It's the accent ::yes:: ;)

With a 9 hour flight ahead of us

::faint::

I’m 18 and turned 18 on this trip! I have just finished school and awaiting results for University, I was one of the main planners for this trip, as I couldn’t wait to get back as 4 years is way to long, and the thought of going back to Disney helped get me through my exams! My favourite Disney Films are Finding Nemo and Tangled, and my favourite ride is Test Track but this might have changed on this trip…

Happy Birthday! And Test Track? I am just shocked:lmao:

Ellie (Sister)

::wave:: Hi Ellie

Hi to my favourite NON-Brit;)

Her favourite Disney Film is UP

::sad::

His favourite Disney Film is UP as well

::sad2::

Great start Jess! Can't wait to hear all about the trip. :love:

Introductions:
Who:

This is us

Jess (Me)

Hi Jess!! I love Test track, in fact my senior prom's theme was Tomorrow Never Dies (which inspired my title) and that got me in the mood. I'm 19 now but I was actually your age when I went to London and Paris for the first time last summer.

Ellie (Sister)

She’s 16 and was very jealous I was celebrating my birthday in Disney World! :lmao: She’s not as obsessed with Disney as Mum and I and has just finished her GCSE exams and is going back to school to do her A-Levels in September. Her favourite Disney Film is Tangled and her favourite ride is Splash!

Mum is the main planner of every Disney holiday (vacation) we have been on, she was up early on both ADR and FP+ days, she planned where and what we were doing and also organised some surprises for the trip! Mum was the first British Mom’s Panellist in 2009 and this is the first time we have been back to Disney since 2009! :scared1: Her favourite Disney Film is UP and her favourite ride is Soarin’

David (Dad)

Dad worked and paid for this trip like every other trip. He is a Professional Golfer which is the reason why we took our Mini Golf so seriously:rotfl: His favourite Disney Film is UP as well and his favourite rides are Test Track and Splash.

Where:

At Saratoga Springs Resort

When:
From the 1st July to the 17th July (well that is when we landed back in England)

Why:
We haven’t been to Disney World since Christmas 2009 :scared1:, so this was a much needed Disney fix and apparently was our last family holiday :( we also celebrated two birthdays and an anniversary.

The Lead Up To Departure Day

Here is my countdown that I created from the 120 day point before our trip, but I took this around the 8 day mark!!

The week leading up to our trip, I had to go into school for our leavers Eucharist and my friends had organised a birthday meal for me, the only reason I’m sharing this is because they got me a Mickey Mouse clubhouse birthday cake!

Cool!! I love that cake.

Departure Day - July 1st 2014

I woke up at 6.50am and quietly packed the last little things into the hand luggage that Ellie and I were sharing. We had our bags and suitcases by the door by 9.30am where we were getting an upset look from our cat!!

While we were waiting at the airport Mum gave Ellie and I a colouring book for the flight, I got a Nemo colouring book with stickers haha and Ellie got a Princess colouring book!
The food on the flight wasn’t that bad for a change, we got Sausage and Mash with vegetables and for dessert we got a Pomegranate and White Chocolate Mousse.

Once we got back to our seats they were starting to bring round sandwiches, they were Coronation Chicken, which Ellie and I didn’t touch but we were happy it came with a mini KitKat.
When we landed in Orlando at 5.50pm (or 10.50pm UK time) we were faced with the longest queue that we ever entered the whole trip which was Customs!! Once we got through Customs, we were able to walk up to the conveyor belt and pick our luggage right off well Dad and Ellie got the luggage, we had already seen all 3 cases go by when we were waiting in line!

Wow about the customs line :scared1: What airline did you guys go on? They didn't have the same food when I was returning to Los Angeles last summer. It's an 8 hour flight to get to London from Los Angeles. How funny about your cat :lmao:

They know you well ::yes::
Welcome Janet :wave2:
They sure do, I just laughed when the waiter bought it out!!:rotfl:

It's the accent ::yes:: ;)
It must have been! I think its because we dont have to take our shoes off!!

It was the worst 9 hours going out, it just seemed to drag on

Happy Birthday! And Test Track? I am just shocked:lmao:
Thank you Janet, I know TT as my favourite, thats a change ;) although I preferred the old ones style the whole idea of building your own car and racing it against the others I liked but I think my favourite ride changed on this trip!

Hi to my favourite NON-Brit;)
Thats why she never gets beeped at security!! Makes sense now :rotfl:

Its just to sad (even though I don't cry at it!!)

Great start Jess! Can't wait to hear all about the trip. :love:
Thank you Janet, I hope you enjoy :goodvibes

Hi Jess! Great start, can't wait to hear about what you and the fam got up to!
Welcome :wave2: and thank you Lessa, I hope you enjoy another one of our TR's!:goodvibes

Hi Jess!! I love Test track, in fact my senior prom's theme was Tomorrow Never Dies (which inspired my title) and that got me in the mood. I'm 19 now but I was actually your age when I went to London and Paris for the first time last summer.
Welcome Kaitlin :wave2:
I think I prefer the old Test Track though, it just seemed to different but then again it did need an update!!:rotfl:
How did you like London and Paris?? seeing as Paris is about an 2 hours a way on the euro star I have never been, but I really want to!!!

Cool!! I love that cake.
It's cute isn't it, I laughed so much when the waiter came to our table with it!!:rotfl:

Wow about the customs line :scared1: What airline did you guys go on? They didn't have the same food when I was returning to Los Angeles last summer. It's an 8 hour flight to get to London from Los Angeles. How funny about your cat :lmao:
Its always the worst part of travelling day, as you're on a 9 hour flight the last thing you want to do is stand in that queue!!
We went British Airways, their food varies a lot, and sometimes depends when and where you're flying from!!!
It's about 8 hours on the flight home, as you always have the wind helping you!
She gets like that all the time, whether we go for 2 weeks or 2 nights, she doesn't like change or doesn't like to be on her own! Shes now sleeping basically on me on my bed!!!:rotfl:
I hope you enjoy the rest of the TR :)

The One With The Resort (Part One)

Lets not leave you at the airport, not always the nicest place!

As I said before we went and got our luggage which was pretty easy to do as we were one of the last through Customs. We went up the escalator and round to the first ride of the trip, the FAUX MONORAIL!!!!!:rotfl:

Mum chatting to a lady she met on the plane!!!

We then got to the main airport and we went on our way to find the ME desk

When we got to the desk we received our paper work, as we don’t get our magic bands until we’re at the resort!
We went past this sign, and we thought ooh we’ll get there quick…wrong!!!

As we were a lot later, and our bus was about to leave we didn’t get the best seats on the ME bus for the photos of the Arch which I wanted really badly! We left the airport about 2 minutes after us and our luggage had boarded the bus, and our driver stated the resorts that we will be dropping off at…. Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and then last but not least Saratoga Springs Resort. Why have the sign?!?!
We watched the cartoons and then the video came on, why has it changed? I can see why people say it is almost an advert/commercial for DVC!! Anyway we sat back well I didn’t I was constantly taking photos!!

As we were approaching the arches, the bus driver slowed down a little and said, make sure you’ve all got your cameras ready!!

We then started heading to another arch, which sometimes is just as magical!!

Saw our first Monorail, the castle, the ferry, Space Mountain etc.

We stopped at the Contemporary and then the Wilderness Lodge!!
We then saw other signs which made me become even more excited :hyper:

Then finally after dropping a family off at POR we were home for the next 15 days!

Continued in next post

Continued from post above...

The One With The Resort (Part Two)

We got to the resort at about 8pm and went straight up to the check in desk!! The receptionist, gave us our magic bands, made all charging privileges to just Mum and Dad, as they were scared Ellie and I would go on a mad shopping spree haha!! We received our welcome pack which had a map, and other little pieces of paper and 2 anniversary badges, but where are mine and Dad’s birthday badges? So Mum got them made up too!

I Instagramed this...

Magicbands #pink #blue #orange #red #incredibles #Magicbands

The lobby…

Once everything was sorted at the lobby we headed up to our room, which was a nice 5 minute walk from the lobby. Mum lead us the wrong way like normal!! And we dropped all our luggage off and started to settle in a little, I tried to take some photos of the room before we messed it up completely, and then we headed back down to Artists Palette for dinner (a very late dinner as it was 2.00am UK time!!)

Our room was in a great location, it was number 8412 in the Grandstand section of the hotel, right near the pool, and the bus stop was under our balcony and we were on the 4th floor! If we got 4 options on online check in, they would defiantly be all the things we’d ask for, so we were quite pleased!
When we got to Artist Palette, we settled on ordering two Cheeseburger flatbreads, we got an apple and orange juice, a cookie and a cupcake. The cookie and apple and orange juices were saved for the next morning! We also got our 4 mugs that we were entitled to, which we each got a different colour, so we knew whose mug was whose! I had yellow, Dad had blue, Mum had red and Ellie had purple!

Sorry mum…

Ellie and I sporting our Magic Bands…

We got back to the room at around 10/11 and I jumped in the shower to wash my hair, as after a long flight it is always needed!!! We all went straight to sleep as we were exhausted and I was excited to get to our first park the next day!!:hyper:

Where do you think our first park will be???

That pin board is so cute!
I haven't heard very much about SSR so I'm very excited to see what you think about it!!

That pin board is so cute!
I haven't heard very much about SSR so I'm very excited to see what you think about it!!

They had a new design on it nearly everyday or thats what it seemed like!
It was lovely there, I will write more about my thoughts on it in the next update!!

I know how much you wanted the front seat on the ME but it did mean we got going almost as soon as we got on :thumbsup2

It definitely was a long day, I can't believe we lasted as long as we did without falling asleep :)

Oh Janet and Lessa if you're going to guess what our first park is I think you may get it wrong :rotfl2:

Continued from post above...

The One With The Resort (Part Two)

We got to the resort at about 8pm and went straight up to the check in desk!! The receptionist, gave us our magic bands, made all charging privileges to just Mum and Dad, as they were scared Ellie and I would go on a mad shopping spree haha!! We received our welcome pack which had a map, and other little pieces of paper and 2 anniversary badges, but where are mine and Dad’s birthday badges? So Mum got them made up too!

I Instagramed this...

Magicbands #pink #blue #orange #red #incredibles #Magicbands

The lobby…

Ellie and I sporting our Magic Bands…

We got back to the room at around 10/11 and I jumped in the shower to wash my hair, as after a long flight it is always needed!!! We all went straight to sleep as we were exhausted and I was excited to get to our first park the next day!!:hyper:

Where do you think our first park will be???

Awesome!! My first park was Epcot so I assume that's where you guys went

The One With The Resort (Part One)

As we were a lot later, and our bus was about to leave we didn’t get the best seats on the ME bus for the photos of the Arch which I wanted really badly! We left the airport about 2 minutes after us and our luggage had boarded the bus, and our driver stated the resorts that we will be dropping off at…. Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge, Port Orleans Riverside and then last but not least Saratoga Springs Resort. Why have the sign?!?!
We watched the cartoons and then the video came on, why has it changed? I can see why people say it is almost an advert/commercial for DVC!! Anyway we sat back well I didn’t I was constantly taking photos!!

As we were approaching the arches, the bus driver slowed down a little and said, make sure you’ve all got your cameras ready!!

We then started heading to another arch, which sometimes is just as magical!!

Saw our first Monorail, the castle, the ferry, Space Mountain etc.

We stopped at the Contemporary and then the Wilderness Lodge!!
We then saw other signs which made me become even more excited :hyper:

Then finally after dropping a family off at POR we were home for the next 15 days!

Continued in next post

Yay!!! I'm so glad you guys got there okay. I actually stayed at SSR on my trip in April '06 and in 2010. I managed to get the arch too but we drove

Welcome Kaitlin :wave2:
I think I prefer the old Test Track though, it just seemed to different but then again it did need an update!!:rotfl:
How did you like London and Paris?? seeing as Paris is about an 2 hours a way on the euro star I have never been, but I really want to!!!

It's cute isn't it, I laughed so much when the waiter came to our table with it!!:rotfl:

Its always the worst part of travelling day, as you're on a 9 hour flight the last thing you want to do is stand in that queue!!
We went British Airways, their food varies a lot, and sometimes depends when and where you're flying from!!!
It's about 8 hours on the flight home, as you always have the wind helping you!
She gets like that all the time, whether we go for 2 weeks or 2 nights, she doesn't like change or doesn't like to be on her own! Shes now sleeping basically on me on my bed!!!:rotfl:
I hope you enjoy the rest of the TR :)

I loved London!! Unfortunatley, I was there when the heat wave happened (see, we did two legs with Paris in between) the second leg :scared1: Sadly, we missed Prince George being born by two weeks :sad1: We did the Harry Potter Studio Tour which was so cool.

We did three days in Disneyland Paris which I fell in love with. The lines for the Eiffel Tower were LONG :sad2: so we didn't go.

We did British Airways and got upgraded to business class on the way there :woohoo: We didn't know until we boarded in Los Angeles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter