You've heard of C.A.V.E. technology for Disney?

That was truly amazing.

Please oh please oh please, let there be someone: imagineer, animator ( do they have any left) or even better a suit at Disney thinking:

What great stories we could tell with this!!!!

as opposed to:

What a crapload of money we can make with this!!!

This is stunning and could be incredible, but a Disney Suit trumps an Imagineer everytime; ergo, mrsR123, it'll have to be justified according to your last statement before it becomes incorporated as an attraction!

-R

Super cool. Would love to see Disney do something with this. Being smart enough to actually doing it will be the question.

Since I posted this in a few sites, there was some minor confusion about it.

First, it is just on "camera" that these effects happen...for now.

BUT, I do still see a massive potential for it, if it can be utilized differently.

One similarity I can think of is the holograms of ghosts on the Haunted Mansion. If the live interaction with environments can be projected like that, then that is one good way of doing.

Another possibility I thought of is having a new type of "vr" with glasses where you see in real life a 1 story building, but with these glasses on, it looks to you like a true to life skyscraper, tower, etc.

This is all just speculation however, of what I think that video is displaying and the technology. I don't know much about it past that link.

ChrisFL said:
One similarity I can think of is the holograms of ghosts on the Haunted Mansion. If the live interaction with environments can be projected like that, then that is one good way of doing.
The Ghosts in HM are not holograms. They are created using a very old illusion called Peppers Ghost.

WDWHound said:
The Ghosts in HM are not holograms. They are created using a very old illusion called Peppers Ghost.

Oh yeah, I recall it now, hearing about how they made them work...nevermind

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter