Your Packing Essentials

OhanaCassidy

Mouseketeer
What do you HAVE to have when you go to WDW? I am trying to make sure I pack everything I need and things I never knew I needed like portable chargers, I never even thought about that till I read a packing tips website.

We like to bring endura cool towels (there are lots of other brands that do the same thing)

Gum, tic tacs, granola bars....they don't sell gum and I like having mints between chewing
and drinking water....

Our must haves:
  • Chargers for cell phones, tablets and the DSLR and video camera
  • Granola bars and crackers for snacks in the park.
  • Moleskin and bandaids for the kids who always seem to end up with blisters on their feet.
  • Hats and sunglasses.
  • Backpacks - for the parks.
  • Water bottles or hydration bladders - for the parks.
  • Zip loc bags (sandwich and gallon size) for the hotel room - they have 1000 and 1 uses.
  • Pepsi Max, to help me get going in the morning after I wake up :teeth:

Some of these have been said before, but my list is:

Plastic Bags
Duct Tape
Portable Charger
Power Strip (limited number of outlets in some of the hotels)
Mini/Keyring flashlight
Band-aids
A book/something for the airport
Pen/Pencil
Hair bands
Watch
Poncho (especially in the fall)
Lines App

I always bring gum and Ziplocks with me. Gum because it isn't sold in the parks and Ziplocks to help keep phones, cameras ect. dry on any of the water rides!

Mints, ziplock bags, stomach/headache meds, a back up camera, and chargers for the electronics.

Extra pair of sneakers for when the first pair get rained on
Eyeglasses string/strap
A tiny umbrella to use as a sunshade as well as for rain
Handwipes
Patience

Gum, hand sanitizer, a dollar store night light, sunglasses, moleskin, and an extra pair of contacts.

Along with the "Power Strip" consider an "Extension Cord" (Short one, maybe 3 feet) as the outlets in hotels are few and far in between and are not always easily accessible. I also recommend (depending on your habits and that of your group) a rechargeable batter/powerbank. I bought the RAVPower 16750mAh a year ago and I love it. I can charge 2 devices at once and it's capable of taking an iPad from dead to fully charged.

Oh, and don't forget to bring the kids... :)

Twice as much sunscreen as you think you'll need, a good hat, and good sunglasses. Pack twice the money and half the clothes you're planning on.

I'd agree about the clothes only on the condition that you're planning to do laundry while you're there. I kept wanting fresh capris (I'd packed enough shirts for a fresh one each day, but was planning to re-wear the capris), and between that and an underwear shortage from changing clothes midday a couple times after water rides, we ended up needing to do laundry at the resort when we hadn't planned to do so.
  • Folder for travel documents (keep it in your carry-on)
  • Minimum two pairs comfortable walking shoes, already broken in
  • Moleskin (and scissors to cut it! We, uh, had an issue with that part)
  • Fabric bandaids (they work as replacement moleskin on the go, and are easier to carry around)

Something I never thought I'd forget, until I did ... bras! :sad2:
One trip I forgot to pack bras. I only had the bright red one I was wearing when we left.
They are now on my to pack list on three different line items - bras, tops (and bras), underwear (and bras!)

I have a tabulated spreadsheet! I adore my fellow OCD list lovers. :love:

Yep. I not only have a 4 column packing list on my computer, I've got a printed copy in every suitcase. That way, no matter which case I pull out of the closet, I'm good to go. And it stays in the suitcase so I don't forget anything when I'm repacking to go home.

All the things mentioned above are great- and I love that some of y'all have spreadsheets! I can keep everything in my head and obsess over it for weeks before so luckily I've never forgotten anything. DS has a list he keeps and uses every year for summer and winter camp- and he pulls it out to use for vacation too!

Things I learned are good to have from last trip or that we should bring next time:

* Every type of otc medicine we had in the house- because I brought it, of course we didn't need it, but that's a good thing! We've had to get DH cold meds
and DS Benadryl when he had an allergic reaction to something at F&W (still haven't figured out what that was).
* A small flashlight- great for getting around the parks and resorts, and it helped people see DS in the ECV since it didn't have a light on it. I would
recommend putting one on a stroller or holding one if you're pushing a stroller because others will see you better.
* Extra extra batteries- my DSLR camera takes AA batteries and I always have a spare set , but the first set died when we first arrived, then the spares died
on the last day so I had to hunt around AK for some.
* Power strip extension cord- between charging the ECV, the laptop, and three phones we had enough outlets, but the locations were weird so we had to prop
them on things so they wouldn't be on the ground.
* A clock- yes I can look at my phone, but I'm so used to having a clock in about every room in the house that it would be nice to have one in the resort room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter