Your overall experience with the Pirate Quest was...

Your overall experience with the Blackheart Quest was...

• Pleasant

• Unpleasant

Results are only viewable after voting.
It just goes to show that if yavn is no longer at the helm, then whoever is, is still using the broken compass that he sailed the ship with.

can anyone name anywhere else in the entire Disney Corperation where they blame their shortcomings and downfalls on the guests and customers?

When a ride goes down in the parks do the operators get on the PA system and tell the chubbies to get off cause they broke it?

If you cannot tell by now this "blaming the players" for their incompetence (ie closing the quest early) is really bothering me, mostly because it has gone unchecked by the suits for far too long.

I think it goes along with a lot of other internet socializing. It is easier to hide behind a computer screen or a fake "Yavn" identity when you are blaming other people for their so called shortcomings. Of course that would never fly in person.

Yea, you know your popular so of course you will get in a good group. Then there is us who no one really knows and cant find a group

I agree with Taz. I'm sure people were foaming at the mouth to help certain people along. The average VMK player......not gonna happen for them.

I agree with Taz. I'm sure people were foaming at the mouth to help certain people along. The average VMK player......not gonna happen for them.
I understand this sentiment and agree to some point but not fully.

Particularly, I saw groups from several boards helping whomever they could without regard to who they were really. There were simply too many people needing help and they had to hit the right loby at the right time. I wish I could have helped everyone but our team had a plan and stuck to it - others were totaly selfless and put others before themself completely. We had a few help our team. One when we offered a shot, but she turned it down so we could all finish first - she never did get past the task and it expired before she could be helped. That person isn't on this board but mainly tried to help kids unsuccessfully for 3 days and is always doing selfless acts. It wasn't till she saw how we did it she understood even though I tried in a PM to explain it.

I am sad for those that did not finish or felt they could not attempt it, and I witnessed a lot of uglyness on the docks often by well know players refusing to budge from the docks and demanding others leave. So as others have said it brought out the good and bad in people. I think the excersise was about team work - interesting and ironic it was a pirates quest which is the route many took. Get your loot and run.

Particularly, I saw groups from several boards helping whomever they could without regard to who they were really. There were simply too many people needing help and they had to hit the right loby at the right time. I wish I could have helped everyone but our team had a plan and stuck to it - others were totaly selfless and put others before themself completely. We had a few help our team. One when we offered a shot, but she turned it down so we could all finish first - she never did get past the task and it expired before she could be helped. That person isn't on this board but mainly tried to help kids unsuccessfully for 3 days and is always doing selfless acts. It wasn't till she saw how we did it she understood even though I tried in a PM to explain it.

I am sad for those that did not finish or felt they could not attempt it, and I witnessed a lot of uglyness on the docks often by well know players refusing to budge from the docks and demanding others leave. So as others have said it brought out the good and bad in people. I think the excersise was about team work - interesting and ironic it was a pirates quest which is the route many took. Get your loot and run.
I met 97% of my crew members for the first time on Saturday, the rest during recent double flag days. I lucked upon an amazing group of people who valued the "you first, kids after, me last" ethos and after two late nights and two early mornings, I fully expected my entire team to finish the quest. Imagine my shock and disappointment when I saw some of my new friends standing on the jungle cruise dock when the quest shut down without so much as an ingame announcement. (Remember, we were skipping our meals and stumbling through four hours of sleep per night to help everyone pass that hump - how could we stop to check the Disboards or read a belated notice on the VMK homepage when we were so exhausted?) How could VMK punish so many people who spent the last hour helping their loyal teammates catch ghosts?

Out of the 30ish people I assisted that weekend, only two betrayed my crew and left to finish the quest early without helping anyone else. How is that fair to the other 28 who exemplified the spirit of teamwork?

I am ashamed that I left my team over an hour before closing time on Sunday to help my family out in the Haunted Mansion lobby. I thought I could return in time but I made two terrible assumptions:

1) the quest would end at closing time the next day, enabling me to aid my remaining teammates who needed to work or nap in school

2) I would not crash in every other ghost game. By then, I thought my blue crew was better off without me jinxing their shootin' and healin' with my kablooeying computer.

Our team tried to squeeze in as many players as we could - kids, grandparents, even a last gal standing whom I saw for only a couple hours but who experienced the frustration of getting marooned by multiple crews. To penalize these self-sacrificing people who worked together for so many days, while rewarding the dream crushers who abandoned their team after their turn - it's insulting.

I am sad for those that did not finish or felt they could not attempt it...

I am one who did not attempt it because I was certain I could not accomplish it. But really! Do not be sad for me. I realized *very* early on that this task was beyond my reach... and, because of that, I was free of the horrible stress I saw my fellow VMKers suffer through.

Lessons for today:

achievement.jpg
teamwork.jpg
blame.jpg

Has anyone gotten a real response back from VMK. Mine got caught by their auto responder. Here's what I got...

Thank you for writing VMK with your question.

Our Newsletter contains the latest information on what’s going on in VMK. You can find it here:

http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/index?name=NewsletterPage

If you have questions about the game that cannot be found in the Newsletter, be sure to ask your fellow players! Most players love to help others.

In addition, remember that the only official information about VMK comes from our Newsletter. Anything you might read on Public Forums or Fan Sites that wasn’t found in our Newsletter is pure speculation.

Thanks and see you in VMK soon!

--
VMK_Shorty
VMK Player Support
http://www.vmk.com

Ok, I was one of the lucky ones who managed to finish the quest. Despite the lack of enough games resources to have enough pirate lobbies and the endless waiting to help other players with pirates. That was bad enough. Now on the LAST DAY you announce that the quest ends at 12 instead of closing like ALL the other quests. Why not announce that fact when you first announced the quest? I know it's a free game, but how about showing some courtesy to your players.

well... i didn't like the quest very much :( at the time i did and my friend and i brought our other accounts and we thought we could just do it ourselves..... didn't work. the last day i had decided that trying to do it ourselves was crazy and decided to make a group then found out quest had been terminated :( i wish i had known when the quest was ending and i bet so do alot of other ppl :(

btw i know this is totally off topic but i can't help it.....was it bad that i traded black ears, teleport magic, and fireworks magic for herbie shoes? i guess so bc right after girl laughed and left room o_o WAS THAT A GOOD OR BAD TRADE??? :( lol

btw i know this is totally off topic but i can't help it.....was it bad that i traded black ears, teleport magic, and fireworks magic for herbie shoes? i guess so bc right after girl laughed and left room o_o WAS THAT A GOOD OR BAD TRADE??? :( lol

You probably gave away a bit too much just for the shoes, but all that matters is if you got what you wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter