Your help please; BLT 1 bedroom questions

goofysbrother

Earning My Ears
Our family is excited to spend 8 days in a 1 bedroom room at BLT the 1st week of Oct. :cool1: We have enjoyed everyone’s descriptions of there trips so far! :worship: Can anyone share experiences in a 1 bedroom room? Specifically what items the kitchen has or does not have. What items the room did not have, what you wished you had brought with you, etc. Thank you for sharing your experience with everyone.

They've "stocked" similar items that you would find in other DVC resorts...the only item that's missing is a hair dryer in the 2nd bathroom..the one that's in the main living area. They only have a hair dryer in the master bathroom.

Have a great time.:cool1:

Thanks for enlightening our stay at BLT in Oct. Does anyone know if they have a blender and mixer in the kitchen? What should I bring with us that the room does not provide? popcorn::

They've "stocked" similar items that you would find in other DVC resorts...the only item that's missing is a hair dryer in the 2nd bathroom..the one that's in the main living area. They only have a hair dryer in the master bathroom.

Have a great time.:cool1:

Can you ask Mousekeeping for a second hair dryer? Since it is a full bathroom, I'm surprised that it does not have a hair dryer. I wouldn't think it's location off of the living room would be a factor since people sleep in the living room too.

How about the other DVC resorts, in the villas that have a second bathroom (AKV) is there a hair dryer in that bathroom?

Noooo---I just thought of something--could it be---isn't the hair dryer in the closet on a hanger? Could that be why there isn't a second hair dryer?

Can you ask Mousekeeping for a second hair dryer? Since it is a full bathroom, I'm surprised that it does not have a hair dryer. I wouldn't think it's location off of the living room would be a factor since people sleep in the living room too.

How about the other DVC resorts, in the villas that have a second bathroom (AKV) is there a hair dryer in that bathroom?

Noooo---I just thought of something--could it be---isn't the hair dryer in the closet on a hanger? Could that be why there isn't a second hair dryer?

No, there's no closet, or drawers in the second bathroom. Since I was the only female in the family....dh, and 2 sons, a second dryer wasn't required...I guess you can ask Mousekeeping to provide a second one.

Does anyone know if they have a blender and mixer in the kitchen? What should I bring with us that the room does not provide?

There was no blender or mixer in our 1 bdrm...guess you can also ask Mousekeeping for one.

They only provide one powder box of laundry detergent for you, so you should bring laundry detergent and fabric softner. I always bring a sponge to use in the kitchen...the one they give is small and not very good. I also go to the contempo cafe at the Contemporary to get sugar, salt, and pepper packs.

Thanks for the list of items I should pickup before we visit BLT. Let's see: sponge, salt & pepper, laundry detergent and fabric softner..can anyone think of anything else?:flower3:

Thanks for the list of items I should pickup before we visit BLT. Let's see: sponge, salt & pepper, laundry detergent and fabric softner..can anyone think of anything else?:flower3:

Have you seen those laundry detergent sheets? I have not used them yet, but I am planning on trying them before our next trip. If they work well, I will bring some to WDW in our luggage, instead of buying liquid detergent when I get there.

Do you know who makes these laundry sheets? Does anyone have other suggestions on items to bring with them to BLT. Would hate to think I could have brought an item with me, and now I have to buy it at a more expensive price at WDW.:mad:

Do you know who makes these laundry sheets? Does anyone have other suggestions on items to bring with them to BLT. Would hate to think I could have brought an item with me, and now I have to buy it at a more expensive price at WDW.:mad:

Purex makes them. I just bought some to try but haven't tried them yet. I'm pretty picky about laundry, but I'm really hoping I like them as I'd love to reclaim some of the space in my Owners Lockers that is currently being taken up by a big bottle of Tide and a box of Bounce sheets!

If you drink coffee, bring standard filters. My husband would also add "Bring coffee!" ;) (he hates the stuff Disney provides a couple of packages of)

My husband likes fresh ground coffee, so we always bring our grinder and coffee. We pick up the cream at the resort. I also bring a can of Lysol, wipes, and a small container of powdered bleach for the jacuzzi tub.

have fun

cheryl

My husband likes fresh ground coffee, so we always bring our grinder and coffee. We pick up the cream at the resort. I also bring a can of Lysol, wipes, and a small container of powdered bleach for the jacuzzi tub.

have fun

cheryl

You can also use a cup of dishwasher detergent with bleach (like Cascade Complete) in the jacuzzi to clean the jets. You fill the tub with hot water add the detergent (it would be better if you dissolve in a container of hot water first). Run the jets for 15 minutes. Empty the tub and fill it again and run the jets to clear out the detergent and any other gunk in the jets. I guess the jets get black mildew in them.

I'd also plan to bring some extra wash cloths. You can easily reuse bath towels a few times without washing, but will soon run out of wash cloths. It would be a pain to wash towels daily. In June we were taking showers twice a day due to the heat or get the chlorine off from the pool.

Just wanted to add that we also used the Purex laundry sheets. We liked them so much we are now going to use them at home. It's great not having to pack liquid or powder detergent, and the laundry sheet goes in the dryer after washing.....it's a washing sheet and a dryer sheet! Brilliant!

You might want to pack a nightlight. We found it very dark (especially on the MK side) at night in the rooms!

Have a blast! :)

In the living room, we used the under cabinet lights as a night light. We didn't find them too bright.

Make sure to check the room when you arrive for blankets and pillows for the pullout beds. We failed to notice they were missing until we went to make up the beds at 10p and then had to call down to housekeeping to get them.

Housekeeping was pretty quick to bring up the missing items, but it would have been nicer if they had already been there.

Ditto the idea about the laundry sheets. We used them in August & they worked great & I put the rest in a ziploc baggie for our trip to BLT in December. Extra baggies are always a good idea for opened beauty products, left over snacks, etc. We had little packs of salt, pepper & sugar at BCV & I'm pretty sure everytime we've stayed at SSR, but not sure if that is typical? I do know DVC supplies, dish soap, sponges & paper towels so you really don't need to pack a sponge.

Thank you everyone for your comments and suggestions. It will make our stay in our 1 bedroom standard view in Oct more enjoyable. Have a wonderful week!

Have you seen those laundry detergent sheets? I have not used them yet, but I am planning on trying them before our next trip. If they work well, I will bring some to WDW in our luggage, instead of buying liquid detergent when I get there.

We have used the Purex Sheets and the work great! We have the pure ones and they smell awesome!!

How about the fold out couch? Can anyone tell me what type it is? And was it decent to sleep on? We will be traveling with two other adults in January and thought that since they are our guests, we would let them have the master bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter