Your favourite places to eat outside of Disney?!

Debs Hill

DIS Veteran
Hi guys! I'm ashamed to say that we normally eat in Disney and this time would like to try some more places outside of Disney......and that's where you come in! :goodvibes
Would love to hear all your favourite places to eat at Universal Orlando and in Orlando generally! Are considering the restaurants in Mall at Millenia ( Cheesecake Factory and the fish one! ) Bahama Breeze......and what is the buffet place with 'Tomato' in the title!!?!!:scratchin
Any suggestions of where to go and where to avoid would be gratefully appreciated!!!
Debsx:beach:

and what is the buffet place with 'Tomato' in the title!!?!!:scratchin
Any suggestions of where to go and where to avoid would be gratefully appreciated!!!
Debsx:beach:

Sweet Tomatoes on I Drive/Kirkman Road. It's one of my 'must-do' restaurants every trip so I would definitely recommend it. :thumbsup2

Sweet Tomato's is the one your thinking of Debs :thumbsup2 .I have'nt eaten there but it does get some great reviews on here.

Ones i have tried Bahama Breeze-i highly recommend this one-fantastic carribean style food,cocktails+live music outside in the seating area(I-Drive location).

Tony Roma's for there delicious ribs-all you can eat on a Monday night :thumbsup2 .

IHOP for there pancakes+brekkies.

Denny's do lovely burgers+shakes,(have heard Friendlys also do great burgers+shakes-but i am yet to try it).

Houilhans-lovely french onion soup,tasty steaks+delicious cocktails.

Ming Court-Fantastic chinese food.

Louie's at US-great pasta+pizza's(i recommend the meatballs+pasta :thumbsup2 ).

Everyone has different opinions but i always avoid Ponderosa,Wild Jacks+Black Angus.x.

We love Red Lobster for the seafood and Cheddar Bay Biscuits :)

Also TGI Friday's, Outback Steakhouse, Olive Garden, Hard Rock Cafe, Cheesecake Factory and Bahama Breeze. Used to love Tony Roma but the one near DTD closed down several years ago :(

Claire ;)

Oh so many hahaha

Hard Rock
Tony Roma's
Ponderosa for a cheapish fill up :rotfl:
Denny's
IHOP
Olive Garden
Perkins was nice too

Don't know if you're going to IOA at all but the character breakie there is just yum

Didn't like Outback at all but that may just be me

Hard Rock Cafe at USF.

I-Drive: more votes for Ming Court, Tony Roma's and IHOP.

Lake Buena Vista: Joe's Crab Shack.

For those of you who have eaten at Bahama Breeze.........have the waits been awful? I understand that there are 2 in Orlando, which is nearer to WDW as we will be getting a taxi? Is it child friendly?
Loving your recommendations so far, been drooling over menus!!!:rotfl2:
Debsxx:goodvibes

For those of you who have eaten at Bahama Breeze.........have the waits been awful? I understand that there are 2 in Orlando, which is nearer to WDW as we will be getting a taxi? Is it child friendly?

Debs,wait times can be pretty long for Bahama Breeze,depending on what time you eat.When we went with Dd who was 3 at the time,we would eat at 5pm,so we made sure we got there for 4-30pm,you get a buzzer+a can have a drink while you wait,sitting outside listening to the band :thumbsup2 .When me+hubby went on our own,we arrived about 7ish and was told about 1-1 1/2 hrs wait.I would say it is child friendly,we went numerous times with Chloe-she was always given colouring sheets+crayons(don't know how old your childen are) and she loved listening to the band-especially the guy who played the steel drums.
I only know of the one on I-Drive.x.

she loved listening to the band-especially the guy who played the steel drums.
I only know of the one on I-Drive.x.

I love steel drums, I might have to give this one a try as well.

We also love eating here, and so do our 2 DD's :thumbsup2 , great food and we've never waited longer than 30 mins and that was on our very 1st visit. We'll be visiting again very soon :cheer2: :cheer2:

We go alot to Sweet Tomatoes, best place for a vegan, and meat eater to eat together!!!!!!

I love steel drums, I might have to give this one a try as well.

I know it has been a while since we went 2003 on our own+2004 with Chloe,but there would either be a guy on the organ+a singer+this guy on his own with his steel drums-absolutley fantastic :thumbsup2 .Hopefully if someone has been recently they can confirm whether this still happens :confused3 .It would be a shame if not.(This was at the I-Drive location).

Have a nosey at the menu,i recommend the fillet mignon+the steak kabobs :thumbsup2 .This time i will be trying the new smothered pork tenderloin dish-sounds yummy.Oh and the best strawberry pina colada's+i have tried alot in Florida :goodvibes .x.

we went to texas de brazil on i drive and it was so nice. its a bit pricey but the meat they do is fantastic and its all you can eat

Another vote for Olive Garden & Tony Romas. We also tried and liked Carrabbas Italian Grill on our last trip (theres a nice new one at LBV near the Marriott Village) It's very much like Olive Garden whereby you get your free soup or salad with your entree so it's good value for money too. :thumbsup2

I'd agree with Sweet Tomatoes, it makes a nice change to have something relatively healthy in a land of burgers and fries! I like Chilli's for a cheap meal out, if you catch them on a happy hour it's two for one beers which has always been a winner in my mind!

The best meal I've had in Orlando was at Vito's Chop House on i-drive, a bit more upmarket than most other places I've tried, the chops were absolutely awesome - again, made a nice change from the norm..

Our faves are

Sweet Toms http://www.souplantation.com/ Idrive

Orlando Ale House http://www.millersalehouse.com/ either LBV or Hunters Creek

Mimis Cafe http://www.mimiscafe.com/ either Millenia or Hunters Creek

Texas Roadhouse http://www.texasroadhouse.com/ Hunters Creek

For Sweet Toms make sure you join Club Veg a few weeks before going, enter your birthday as the day you travel, they will send you Buy One Get One Free vouchers. They have been sending me then at least once a month for past 6 months. Used 2 at Xmas, 4 of us ate & drank for $30, best value meal in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter