Your "can't-resist" contract price?

I'm October - same deal!
When we first joined, I actually thought about Dec UY because of the huge availability of resale contracts. But after reading about how to choose UY, I initially settled on August. Our anniversary is then and we do like the fall and Christmas for Disney travel. But while we sat on the Direct waitlist - we wanted those Gold APs and direct benefits - a a great resale deal came through for Sep UY at BRV, and we decided to switch to Sep, accepting the risk of traveling in August if we go for our actual anniversary (funny story on that, too, as we wanted to get married in October or December, but we got married in Disney; so we let our friends and family coming pick the wedding date to make it convenient for them, and they chose... late August.).

Admittedly, it worked out - Disney had Sep UY points immediately available, and we got the BRV deal, and then we’ve managed to land 3 small point contracts (120, 80, 50) at AKL. But, man, are those Sep UY dates few and far between. I haven’t seen many Oct dates either, so solidarity as we wait it out?

I try to comfort myself by thinking that hopefully that means I have less competition when SepUY contracts are posted?

When we first joined, I actually thought about Dec UY because of the huge availability of resale contracts. But after reading about how to choose UY, I initially settled on August. Our anniversary is then and we do like the fall and Christmas for Disney travel. But while we sat on the Direct waitlist - we wanted those Gold APs and direct benefits - a a great resale deal came through for Sep UY at BRV, and we decided to switch to Sep, accepting the risk of traveling in August if we go for our actual anniversary (funny story on that, too, as we wanted to get married in October or December, but we got married in Disney; so we let our friends and family coming pick the wedding date to make it convenient for them, and they chose... late August.).

Admittedly, it worked out - Disney had Sep UY points immediately available, and we got the BRV deal, and then we’ve managed to land 3 small point contracts (120, 80, 50) at AKL. But, man, are those Sep UY dates few and far between. I haven’t seen many Oct dates either, so solidarity as we wait it out?

I try to comfort myself by thinking that hopefully that means I have less competition when SepUY contracts are posted?
Actually, we started out with September (1996), went to February and now are in October! We went through public school and then private prep which are totally different winter/spring vacations. On to college, grad school - it didn't matter. Now empty nesters we tend to go over Halloween for a couple weeks and son & bride are now joining us. We gift them whatever they want in between. Our goal is to stay in January, and hopefully February too in retirement for at least 6 weeks at WDW. We buy and sell anyway, so this downturn in prices presents us with an opportunity. We go for smallish contracts too and want to add AKL as we love it too and BRV is a fav. We'll see how low it goes and I'll keep my fingers crossed for those Sept UY's for ya!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter