Your "can't-resist" contract price?

taaren

DIS Veteran
Just for fun - I'm curious, fellow DVC'ers: what is the price your favorite resort would have to drop to per point to make you say "I can't resist buying another contract?"

In 2008, we saw the resale prices drop dramatically on a lot of different resorts, then they started rising again at the end of the recession.

I bought my second contract at VGC for $82/point, after paying $96 direct for my first. I doubt VGC will come back down to $82, but if it did, I'd have to buy more points. There have been times over the last decade I've kicked myself for not pulling the trigger on a small BCV contract since they were going for the $80's in the recession too. At the time, it seemed too high since VGC had so many more years on it ... :rotfl: Hindsight is always 20/20.

Anyone have a price in mind that they are waiting for ... ?

I am really only looking for SSR at $80 or under. But dream prices... BCV at $90 or maybe even VGF in the 110's.

I turned down 300 pts at BCV at $101 only 2 years ago for VGF. I kick myself for not buying both. Any Epcot resort under $100 would be hard to pass up.

VGF $130, BLT $120 or SSR $75.

I’m also interested to see what DVD do at RIV. I could be tempted to add on a few more direct points if the incentives are really good.

I’m in the U.K. so it would also depend on the exchange rate.

I am really only looking for SSR at $80 or under. But dream prices... BCV at $90 or maybe even VGF in the 110's.
Your dream may be reality soon. There seem to be more SSR's listed than any other resort IMO. I am starting to see $92 show up this morning. Still few BRV and OKW. There is just so much competition to sell those SSR contracts that under $80 is coming...soon.

BLT $100 for any contract with less than 120 points
CCV $100 for any contract with less than 150 points

I've been looking to add on a small contract (75pt ish) at BLT but I'm looking for a rare UY (DEC) there so haven't seen much. I would be happy to jump at $130ish if I ever find that contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter