Your BCV experiences....vote for multiple categories!

Your BCV Experiences...vote for multiple categories!

• CM's have always been very nice

• CM's usually very nice, but have run into a couple of "Grumpy's"

• CM's less than magical on several occasions

• Room condition is always excellent

• Room condition is usually very good with some minor issues

• Room condition has been unacceptable at least once

• Overall satisfaction with BCV is outstanding

• Overall satisfaction with BCV is so so, no major complaints

• Overall satisfaction with BCV is not as good as it should be

Results are only viewable after voting.
Originally posted by Pa@okw95
I am going to post a new thread about athe results of this poll. I did my figures at 141 votes. New thread will be called "figures on BCV"

I posted this on that new thread, but I'll post it here too since it's easier to look up how the voting options were worded here:

I think these results point out the unscientific nature of polls, and how they can be interpreted differently.

For instance, with 146 votes in, one could say:

Only 62.5% of the time have CM's always been nice (85/136).

Or one could say:

90.4% of the time the CM's are usually very nice with few exceptions! (123/136).

I think the last three measures are really the most important ones....regarding visitor satisfaction. With that, we could say:

64% of the BCV visitors find BCV to provide outstanding satisfaction. (88/137)

or

85% of the BCV visitors find BCV to be satisfactory with no major issues.

Frankly, I think the last interpretation is a pretty good one since the word "outstanding" is pretty subjective. Even so, I would expect a higher overall satisfaction rating than 85% for BCV.

What it kind of means to me, without being scientific, is that BCV could use some additional attention from DVD management. However, the problems, while real, are still not very bad the vast majority of the time.

Like I said, this is mostly grist for the mill, and to generate discussion. Not meant to flame a resort, or defend it.

With the recent concerns expressed about BCV again, I thought it might be a good time to resurrect this poll. It is for those who have stayed at BCV (not necessarily own there) and reflective of their experiences there in general.

Granny,

Thanks for posting this. I was thinking last night about doing the same. It's so easy to read negative words and remember them, and forget the positive. It's nice for me just to see the numbers.

The sad truth is people don't post usually if thier vacation met their expections (or even if it exceeded it at times) People post if they are unhappy. ... so any message board is weighted towards the negative.

This is also evident on the resorts board. People come back and post when they got an upgrade for example. What has happend now is that other posters assume upgrades are the NORM not the exception since most people don't post when they get what they paid for! So then you get the post "I paid for AKL standard view and that is what I got and now I am upset!"

Good poll that provides some real perspective. A few observations/thoughts:

At 165 votes the results show that 10-15% of respondants fell in the most dissatisfied category (10% of respondents found CM's unmagical, 12% found rooms unacceptable, and 15% were dissatisfied overall). These numbers are too high for a resort of this caliber. Yes, the vast majority have a wonderful experience, but 10 - 15% is too high on the negative side. Not sure how representative our sample is. We've stayed at BCV 3 times and have always been completely satisfied.

To further guage what these results might mean it would be useful to do the same poll for the other DVC resorts. Many threads seem to indicate that BCV has problems that the other resorts don't. If you have time Granny, it would be iteresting to see if that 10 - 15% figure is lower for the other resorts.

An excellent poll that puts some perspective on the BCV threads.
I've never had a grumpy CM during our BCV stays, have only had some minor issues (as I did at OKW too) and have been very satisfied overall.

Thanks for the poll Granny.

Good poll - thanks for the choices

I am a BCV owner and that is the resort that drew me to WDW DVC in the first place

I would give it, the condition, layout and the staff around a "B" overall

Note if it was not for the experience of one of the rooms being in pretty poor shape, I would gladly rate B+ to A-

cheers
jaysue

Granny,

Thanks for posting the poll - it is true that we often hear the negative and not the positive.

We stayed at BCV for 3 nights on 8/20. We arrived at 6:30 am after driving all night. The CM was very nice and tried to get us a room right away but to no avail (I wasn't really expecting it). We left our car and luggage, ate breakfast and sat by the pool to relax. I checked back around 1:30 and another very nice CM said the room we were assigned wasn't ready yet but checked for another one. We got a great 2 bedroom facing teh Ariel courtyard. Minor things that needed repair (table scratched, light bulb out) but nothing major.

The CMs who took our car each time we went out and back in were the friendliest! The bell men were also extrememly friendly!
My Aunt and Uncle checked in a few days later (using my points) and I had told the CM at the desk that they were celebrating their 50th anniversary. I had asked the front desk if they could put a gift in their room for me and they were happy to do it. Also, there were balloons and a card from Mickey and Minnie in the room when they got there, courtesy of the resort. (They had great things to say about their stay too!

Since the original post incouraged us to give reeeasons for how we responded I will do so.

My responses were:
CM's usually very nice, but have run into a couple of "Grumpy's- a life guard sent my 4yo DD back down the stairs of the slide in the dark, alone after her big brother had gone down before her because she had floaties on. This is something that is allowed on the slides at every other Disney pool we have used. I did report it through an email and was immediately contacted by someone at the resort. An autographed picture of Mickey & the gang was sent to the children & I was informed that training for that individual would be given. Other than that everyone has been fabulous!

Room condition is always excellent We have always been very satified with our views and our rooms.

Overall satisfaction with BCV is so so, no major complaints - Check in sometimes is pretty lengthy, but I believe that is more because of the guests than the CM's. My major complaint is the bus service. It is horrendous!!!!! And I did tell the CM at check out the time we stayed without a car we would never do it again! She said she had had tons of complaints.

But In BCV's defense that bus transportation is terrible at all of the Epcot resorts. There are just to many resorts sharing the buses.

I also do not own at BCV's but it is my sons favorite resort and I like it just fine. In fact I will be calling Monday to start my reservation there for a week before moving over to SSR or OKW for our magicla gathering.

I have informed my son that next year I get to stay at my favorite and my home, WLV. IT has been to long since I have stayed there!!!

Hope this helps someone,
Lori

Hi Lori

You can't go down the big Stormalong slide with any life preservers - I would assume that means floaties too!

And I know this because my grandson was denied the slide because of the jacket and the ensuing conversation with the attendant said they watch for anything that might get caught on the slide as well as be careful for anyone who can't get out of the slide wash at the end.

Maybe the attendant was concerned about her swimming?

And I'm just assuming you don't mean the little slide!

And what a brave little daughter - the end of that slide is pretty hefty for even a larger person to get out of on their own! I hope she was able to go after you got the floaties off.

Hi kathleena,

I understand them not being able to go down it with any type of preserver on, we just didn't know ahead of time. She had finally got up the nerve to do it on our last night when I sent my DH down with the kids while I packed. DH was waiting in the pool for her while she went up with big brother.

I was upset that the lifeguard saw her in line and let her brother go down then told her she couldn't go and sent her back down stairs by herself. We know that's what happened because they were waiting for her and an adult came down and asked my DH if she was who he was waiting on and told him what had happened. They went out to find her standing in the middle of the walkway between the pools crying not knowing where to go. It was very frightening for her and them. Of course DH should have never let her go up with big brother and not himself. Believe me he got an earful as well.

I know people at Disney were upset about it as well because we played phone tag for a while with them trying to contact me for the day and time it happened. They wanted to be sure it did not happen again.

I know about the slide now and it won't happen again. And, DH does not get to take her to the pool alone anymore!

Thanks,
Lori

I stayed at BCV the first week it was open in July 2002, and again this August (2004).

Both times were wonderful. :earsboy:

Have stayed at BCV in both a studio and two bedroom four times in the past 18 months and have always had great experiences. :bounce:

Polls like this are always, always unscientific and no one should be taking percentages seriously.

But it is nevertheless worthwhile and a good idea on the part of Granny.

For what it's worth the "minor issues" we had with the rooms involved carpet unraveling in one spot, a small gouge in the wall at a sharp angle where someone banged it with their luggage, and some missing kitchen items. I could well have called it "excellent" but chose "very good with minor issues".

Our overall experience was (more than) excellent, in fact a little too good. Now I can't get DW interested in trying the other DVC resorts!

Thanks Granny. Interesting results. I guess we should ignore the % as they are for all categories and really this is three questions in one poll. Looks fairly positive, but not perfect. About what I expected.

I understand them not being able to go down it with any type of preserver on, we just didn't know ahead of time.
Only because you didn't read the signs..............just like me ;). Last trip down I took my 5 yo daughter up the slide in her swim vest (one of those that you wear like a bathing suit and has the flotation stuff in the suit) and when we got to the top, just before she was going to go, they said that no flotation devices were allowed. I was surprised because I, too, was used to her being allowed to use the device on every other slide. At that time the lifeguard explained that she had to pass a swim test to be able to go on herself without the device. Low and behold, when we go to the bottom I read the sign and it said no flotation devices were allowed. Needless to say I felt kind of stupid for not reading the sign :o .

Since I was up there with her they were able to tell me about the "swim test" conducted at the little slide at the base of the ship. A child has to be able to go down that slide and swim across to the lifeguard without a swim vest and without touching the bottom. She passed and had a ball on the slide. Not having an adult go up with your 4 yo was your downfall.......both times. Had you been there they would have been able to explain the rules and the procedures. Regardless, they shouldn't have sent a 4 yo down unsupervised and alone. I can understand the lifeguard not being able to leave his or her post, but they should have called someone to help her down and make sure she found her parents. Sure, she was in the wrong place, but it seems it could have been handles better.

I am glad to know there is a sign there stating that they can't use flotation devices, but as I said it was DH that did it, not me. I don't even know where the entrance to the slide is. I was in the room packing. Believe me I was just as angry, if not more so with DH as I was with the lifeguard...AND HE NEW IT!

With all the phones and walkie talkies they have he should have called for someone to come get her, regardless of whether DH messed up or not. Disney agreed and handled the situation well.

Thanks for the info,
Lori

P.S. She still would not be able to do that slide. She still will not swim with her face in the water without a snorkle and goggles, but with them she can swim the length of a pool. Strange child!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter