You Know What? Your All In It For The Profit!

jasonpwns

<font color=navy>Being <font color=red>Different <
I see to many people complain about the hats selling more then 1 day I mean come on vmk tried to do another helpful thing you asked for stuff to sell a little longer then you buy 15 hats (some people have) Just to make a profit in trading! Think of the people who started a week ago I bet there happy they have a chance for a feather hat:) And a pink berat but we are sitting here complaining they didn't stop selling after a day I didn't go on vmk the day jester hats sold and if I didn't get one i would be sad so thanks vmk for selling them instead of giving others a chance at rare items it just sadeness me all these people bought alot of them mostly for trading purposes friends I can understand but why complain if you bought it for a friend? :sad2: Staff work hard to help all vmk players and give all players a chance to buy stuff that sells and all you do is complain about it not selling long enough or it's not what you wanted or it sold for to long staff thanks for selling these hats for a month sorry you have to hear people complaining because they were going to trade them later for rares :sad2:

The problem I had was that we were led to believe they'd be sold for a single day. Limited Time on Sale?

And Jazz, I know you may think differently, but there are some new players in this game that want to have good valued items that they can trade to get rare items that they want. They may not "want" the Feather Mask, but they may want to trade for something older that they weren't given a chance to get. Something they want more.

I don't have Inferno, don't have Stitch, don't have Sparrow. Why would you have a problem with people wanting to get stuff that would be rare in trades? :rolleyes2

Hmm yes but what about the people who started a day ago and couldn't get the hats because

A.)Not skilled at games
B.)Just started

and your reasonong Limited time? Bleh!

Limited time could mean a month Limited time could mean 2 weeks On other sites Ive seen it be 1 week limited time not just 1 day and they never said a day

Limited time could mean a month Limited time could mean 2 weeks On other sites Ive seen it be 1 week limited time not just 1 day and they never said a day

You're right about that, but I think the reason many of us were led to believe the hats would be on sale for one day is because they were listed under the "events" for Friday, but not for Saturday or Sunday. The pin, however, was listed for all three days. It was a bit misleading.

That being said, though... the fact that the hats are still on sale, to me, it isn't really a big deal. Everything becomes rare eventually. Some things just take longer than others, and this is one of the longer items.

Hmm yes but what about the people who started a day ago and couldn't get the hats because

A.)Not skilled at games
B.)Just started

All I'm saying is that it could have at least been 1 hat/1 week. Kinda like what they did with the Halloween Costumes.

I agree a week thing but a month is ok but still why can't we all be happy and not complain about vmk there making others happy but upset the trade hungry people

Who cares if people are bothered by it? Who cares if people want to use it for a trade? I missed out on one day items and even one week items yet I don't come on here calling people "trade hungry"...it's just the nature of the game.

not to "burst your bubble" or anything but isnt that a part of the game? some people want to have rare items such as inferno and stitch so if the hats were only out for a day.. then in a couple months they would be rare. also please dont make generalizations because not everyone is in it for a profit:snooty:

I see to many people complain about the hats selling more then 1 day I mean come on vmk tried to do another helpful thing you asked for stuff to sell a little longer then you buy 15 hats (some people have) Just to make a profit in trading! Think of the people who started a week ago I bet there happy they have a chance for a feather hat:) And a pink berat but we are sitting here complaining they didn't stop selling after a day I didn't go on vmk the day jester hats sold and if I didn't get one i would be sad so thanks vmk for selling them instead of giving others a chance at rare items it just sadeness me all these people bought alot of them mostly for trading purposes friends I can understand but why complain if you bought it for a friend? :sad2: Staff work hard to help all vmk players and give all players a chance to buy stuff that sells and all you do is complain about it not selling long enough or it's not what you wanted or it sold for to long staff thanks for selling these hats for a month sorry you have to hear people complaining because they were going to trade them later for rares :sad2:

Jazz-

I really do not think you know what every ones intentions were who bought more than one hat.

I personally bought 25 of each so far and not to trade for RARE....I hardly ever trade, mostly I gift them to DIS members(used to just gift to any player who showed an interest in an item but after a few sour experiences I have just about stopped that) while thanking VMK for making these items available for longer than the day they hinted that they would be available is a good thing, attacking others perceived intentions is not.

I think u are right if they would have stoped selling the hats thefirst day me and my friends and brother would not have got them. i mean i got mine the second day and my brother did not get his tell to days ago bc he is not good at credits and my other friend just got hers yester day bc i bought her on she did not have any credits bc she was new and not good at games.
And yes i have had stitch i have had sparrow alot of times but i had to trade for every thing i have now some of us cant get rare so i mean yes it would have been nice if they stoped selling them but i am glade they have not bc you meet people who wil trade rare for these things bc they dont have any credits most of the time when i see this i give them a free on so

YES THANK YOU VMK FOR SELLING THESE THINGS

Jazz although I agree with you about that they should not be complaining. We are complaing because on the Calendar it said it would be sold for one day only. At least under the Calendar Description they could have said "For sale all month long".

Just my thoughts

-Dis

Actually the calendar said "for a limited time" while most people assumed it was only 1 day it never said that

Well the one day thing came into play because of the fact that the times were listed for the sale for only one day...unlike the other items such as the pins which had the times listed all weekend long. For example, the day the feather mask went on sale, it listed it as being on sale from 7am to 10pm (PST). The doubloon pin also went on sale that same day....same time listed (in the area where it says "What's Up"...before you click on it to see the full calendar view). Then on Saturday, the mask was not listed in that part, yet the pin still was. That gives a big indication that the hat was no longer for sale, but the pin was. And while the hat is listed as "limited time", the pins are not listed that way, even though those are weekend only sales...and have actually been more limited than the hats. Taking a look again at the calendar, the black beret is only listed for tomorrow from 7am-10pm, yet the pin is listed all weekend. The hat once again says "on sale for limited time", while the pin simply says "on sale". If they had intentions of allowing the hats to be on sale all month long, perhaps the pins should have been listed as "limited" and not the hats...since those are definitely more limited. Bottom line is that the calendar was and is very misleading with this information...not exactly fun to those who dropped a bunch of credits for items the calendar implied would only be on sale for the one day.

Of course some of us like to "profit" from trades. That's part of the game.
I wasn't upset that the hats have stayed for longer than we were led to believe.
I did buy 11 of the feather masks the day they came out thinking that they would be gone the next day. While I did buy some for trade later on, I did buy some with the expectation that some would not have gotten any. So, I would be giving some away.

That's always been my rule of thumb. Buy for myself, buy some to give away and buy some to trade for other items later. :)

Nah, I'm not in it for profit. Most of the time I do even trades or gifts. (or try to anyway)

If you don't profit, you will never have more then you do now. If we didn't profit in VMK, we would have nothing more than 200 credits and a bunch of cheap shirts.

900th post! Almost to one thousand.

I find the original post in this thread to be inflammatory and insulting. I cant believe this has been allowed to stay up.

Ok, first of all, I'm not one of those picky mean ppl, ok? I appreciate the things the vmk staff does for us. Second, yea its rude to complain and stuff but on the other side of this argument, if somebody was out on vacation and never got the hat, and they didn't like trading, how are they going to get it? It's always good to look on the other side of things. :)

Kinda like all your post towards me?
I'm sorry, but I think that was completely uncalled for.
Ok, first of all, I'm not one of those picky mean ppl, ok? I appreciate the things the vmk staff does for us. Second, yea its rude to complain and stuff but on the other side of this argument, if somebody was out on vacation and never got the hat, and they didn't like trading, how are they going to get it? It's always good to look on the other side of things. :)
If that happenend, they would either have to trade, get it as a gift, or not get it at all.
I think vmk actually only kept the feather up since there was the giant BSOD for so long, then they decided it wouldn't make sence for the others to only be up a day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter