You HAVE to try this!! EBAY your way to DISNEY Part 2!!!!

And what was the benefit they got from being a Power seller? They could have left you a neg (which couldn't be removed) if they were or weren't a power seller. Your saying that you know they shipped 7 days after the close of the auction and your payment, and it then took 14 days to get there? Did it go via media mail and you knew you paid for something faster? I agree they shouldn't have told you it shipped the next day if it didn't. Now that you have the item, does the PO still show it wasn't shipped? And you are using the DC on the package you got? Or did the PO just take their time?

As far as them not doing anything to find your package..my post office won't let me do a search for 30 days. It's not considered lost until then. What did you want them to do? When people don't get my packages (all two times in several years), I have given them the DC number, and told them my hands were tied for 30 days. In both instances, the package was at a neighbors, so I didn't have to fill out the form.

I guess I'm having a problem seeing what this had to do with the fact they are a power seller, and what benefit eBay gave them. You left a neutral, they left a neg (s). Just like sellers and buyers (non powersellers) do all the time. Not seeing all of your notes to them and vise versa, I hate to judge, but maybe it's just a bad seller, and they would be if they were a powerseller or not. I know I get no perks, other than a phone number to call...and we all get that with the new policy.

I'm sorry you had an unpleasant experience with this seller.

Looking up the DC number the seller put in your FB the detailed history states

"You entered 0101 0521 2974 4192 2183

Your item was delivered at 11:56 am on February 14, 2005 in DECATUR, GA 30030.

Here is what happened earlier:
ELECTRONIC SHIPPING INFO RECEIVED, February 02, 2005"

The seller generated the paid shipping label through USPS.com or PayPal or ebay on February 2nd. The seller might have been delayed several days in having the package picked up or dropping it off at the PO. If they had physically gone to the PO it would have stated the exact place (PO zipcode, city and state) and the exact time the item was proccessed.

This could have happened with any seller......not just a power seller. All sellers have their own way of dealing with bidders.....some good, some not so good. No reason to be rude. That seller has a few negative feedbacks. And a lot of neutrals. Guess we know why!! Glad you finally received your items.

I didn't notice you had your ebay name in your signature. Ah, Marcimouse. Wasn't there just recently a thread about her and the pins, and how long shipping takes? I believe she posts on the Disboard...or did to that thread.
I don't know her, but I do note that she seems to have quite a following. The amount of negs and neutrals aren't so overpowering, when you see that she has 11,366 feedbacks and of that almost 8,000 are repeat customers. She's gotten 57 positives just since you left your 4 neutrals. With a 99.5% rating, she well qualifies for the PS program. Her rating would be much higher, except they only count original positives.
In any case, though, this had nothing to do with her being a Power seller or getting any special care from eBay. Not having any idea when she actually shipped, I have no opinion about why it took so long to get to you. It does happen though, when you leave 4 neutrals (deserved or not) for someone, they may very well strike out with a neg. As far as Paypal would be concerned, she has proof she mailed them, even if she sat on them first. Again, that would have nothing to do with being a power seller.

When it comes to the Power Seller thing, she flat out told me in an e-mail, ebay would not touch her, because she's a Power Seller. That is why I was wondering if any one had run into some one like that. Or if I had found the only one. I never said all power sellers are that way. As stated before, I have power sellers on my fav list, and I always look forward to buying from them.

I know that she is not any more special in the eyes of ebay than any other seller or buyer on ebay. But I get the feeling, from the e-mails, she thinks she is.

As for the package, it did arrive. So I'm over it. I just didn't think I deserved what I got from this seller. But I'm moving on. I got a pin that I have been looking for, for a while. Got stuff listed to sell, I just hope that the negs don't hurt sells.

****she flat out told me in an e-mail, ebay would not touch her, because she's a Power Seller.***

Well that wouldn't be the reason they wouldn't touch her. They just wouldn't, because she has "proof" she sent it. Even though all her proof shows, is she printed out the label.

**This person, is know trying to ruin me on ebay with my feedback file. I have turned them into ebay in hopes of having what they said taken off. Or at least have ebay give them a talking to.**

4 negs won't ruin you..anyone can see they are from the same person and in response to your neutral. Sell a lot of stuff and get them to scroll off. Or you could offer to remove her nuetrals in return she would remove your negs. If you both agree, the negs would be removed from your count. I know you said you turned her into eBay, but I truly don't think eBay will remove them based on what she said. Even if she wasn't a power seller.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter