You have to go on vacation somewhere less than 3 hours away drive from your home , where would you go?

Seattle, Whistler, Vancouver Island….lots of other places in BC or WA.
Just returned from Seattle, Vancouver (city of) and Victoria. Flew from the eastern US. Wish we would have eliminated Seattle and spent more time on Vancouver Island. Beyond fabulous!!

Having done Banff, Jasper, Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City, we are always looking for new places for explore in Canada. Toronto is about 5 hours driving time for us. We haven't been there in about 30 years. We may consider a roadtrip next summer that includes some surrounding areas.

E&Cmom, Whistler has been a Price is Right prize many times, that always looks so beautiful. Prayers that you do get safely visit and enjoy doing so :)

I live 2 hours away so I have been there many times but oddly enough never in the winter. It is a weekend or couple of days getaway for us.
Just returned from Seattle, Vancouver (city of) and Victoria. Flew from the eastern US. Wish we would have eliminated Seattle and spent more time on Vancouver Island. Beyond fabulous!!

Having done Banff, Jasper, Montreal, Ottawa and Quebec City, we are always looking for new places for explore in Canada. Toronto is about 5 hours driving time for us. We haven't been there in about 30 years. We may consider a roadtrip next summer that includes some surrounding areas.
Glad you had a great visit. Hope the weather cooperated. The sun has just come out for us after a gloomy week.
I grew Up in Montreal so I am partial to Montreal and Ottawa as well. :)

Somewhere on the coast. Probably Yachats, which I visited last weekend.
My grandma used to live there and my mom is near. Great part of the coast.

I’d probably head to Central Oregon-love the high desert.

Niagara Falls or Collingwood.

Also, LOL about Scarborough. Although I do like Bluffer's Beach.

I'm trying to figure out exactly what might be reachable in 3 hours. Obviously traffic can be an issue, but I think at least parts of Lake Tahoe can be reached in 3 hours if there's no stopping. I'll obviously spend more than 3 hours driving once I get there.

I might not actually make it a vacation, but certainly I've got to the Napa and Sonoma wine country just as a day trip.

Collingwood interests me as a place I may visit from the eastern US as part of a road trip. What do you like about it?
It's close to Blue Mountain. Which is fine for a casual skier like myself. Plus they've tried to make it more of a "destination" spot, with their integrated village and lots of summer activities.

But you're also situated in a spot where it's not too hard to get to hiking trails or beaches.

The thing is, if you're looking for small town charm, I don't think you'll find it here. I do think there's a bit of catering to Big City folks, but it works, as Collingwood is far enough away from the GTA that it feels like a "getaway" trip. If you're looking for places that still retain some small town charm, you could do an overnight in Elora, or maybe a couple of nights in Stratford (you can take time to see a play)

Myrtle Beach... I used to love that place, but they went from year round to seasonal and in spite of good hotel rates so few of my favorite places are open after labor day and before memorial day. Before my back decided to get troublesome I was known to get three friends and drive from Vermont to there to play three rounds of gold. for a weekend. The last day we play a round and jumped into the car an drove home. The last time I did that we cause two nor-easters one going there and one coming back. Fortunately, it missed Myrtle Beach but did create some exciting driving experiences. Sadly, since I retired it is less than three hours away. It's like having shoes with no feet.

It's close to Blue Mountain. Which is fine for a casual skier like myself. Plus they've tried to make it more of a "destination" spot, with their integrated village and lots of summer activities.

But you're also situated in a spot where it's not too hard to get to hiking trails or beaches.

The thing is, if you're looking for small town charm, I don't think you'll find it here. I do think there's a bit of catering to Big City folks, but it works, as Collingwood is far enough away from the GTA that it feels like a "getaway" trip. If you're looking for places that still retain some small town charm, you could do an overnight in Elora, or maybe a couple of nights in Stratford (you can take time to see a play)
Stratford is on my list as well!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter