Yet another premium event but its with the sisters

rteetz

DIS Veteran
A new Frozen holiday premium package is coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios.

It will be offered November 7-19 November 21st to December 9th and December 11th to January 4th.

The package includes premium reserved seating for the Frozen Sing along. Reserved Osborne lights viewing. And a frozen themed dessert party.

The package costs $89 per adult and $59 per child ages 3-9 call disney to book.

I'm trying to imagine what "reserved Osborne Family Lights viewing" could be.

I got nothin' :confused3

I'm trying to imagine what "reserved Osborne Family Lights viewing" could be.

I got nothin' :confused3

That's the first thing that popped into my head. Another hard ticket event that will not affect my budget whatsoever. Pity the poor parent that feels the need to do this one.

Maybe they'll let you stand in the street when they turn the lights on? Because that sounds like a worthy use of $300 for a family of four. :faint:

Eventually, they will be up selling "premium restrooms" - complete with extra soft TP, mints, etc.

Maybe they'll let you stand in the street when they turn the lights on? Because that sounds like a worthy use of $300 for a family of four. :faint:
If you build it they will come

Disney created a premium event therefore people will come because Disney created a premium event especially because it's frozen.

Disney must be running out of ideas for hard-ticket events at this point, so I'll help them out:

Keeper for a Day Premium Package at DAK ($249 for adults, $179 for children ages 3-9) Get a sneak peek behind the scenes at Disney's Animal Kingdom! Guests will experience firsthand what goes into caring for the exotic animal residents as they learn to express anal glands, thaw frozen rats for the birds of prey, and muck the elephant stalls. Light refreshments will be provided immediately following.

Budding Horticulturist Super Duper Premium Package ($499 for adults, $389 for children ages 3-9) Guests will get to take part in preparations for EPCOT's Flower & Garden Festival by planting flowers, killing tomato hornworms by hand, and spraying deadly pesticides. Bottled water will be provided if temperatures reach 90 degrees or higher.

Magic Kingdom After Hours Totally Awesome Premium Package ($749 for adults, $659 for children ages 3-9) A limited number of guests will have the exclusive opportunity to enjoy the Magic Kingdom after regular park operating hours as they sweep up garbage on Main Street while the Evil Queen berates them. Guests are welcome to refill any water bottles they find in the gutter.

I'm Like Sooo Wealthy Ultra Exclusive Platinum Premium Package ($10,000 for adults, no discount for children) Take advantage of this once in a lifetime opportunity to push Tinkerbell out of the castle window before the fireworks. Safety harness not provided.

...I'll have my credit card on standby.

I think this is a case of Disney seeing just how far they can take the hard ticket concept.

While I don't agree with the concept in principal, there have been times where I could see it somewhat justified, especially when you could experience longer time in the parks or you could see something that wasn't available at any other time.

Unfortunately now these events are nothing more the repacking up of items that are already present. You just get a 'premium' seat for viewing. As others have stated there's not much in the way of a premium on the Osborne Lights.

If this sells - and it will - Disney will continue to push the envelope on preferred items. Be on the lookout for premium options for Fantasmic or any other existing show. I wouldn't be surprised if something comes along for Food and Wine and/or Flower and Garden beyond what they already have. Star Wars Weekends? You bet.

I don't get why these packages don't at least include a M&G?

Because they're done with minimum overhead...none of that stuff costs much beyond normal operation...

Probably $10-15 in food cost and maybe another $15 or so in operation per person.

The fuse is lit...lets see if eventually the firecracker goes off

I don't get this one either - when you break down the cost it doesn't make sense. We already have FP+ for the Sing-Along for our HS day in Nov. We plan to go to Fantasmic then head over to Osborne Lights. I prefer walking around while the light shows are going on and getting different perspectives. Would not want to stand (or sit) in one spot. We will probably head back to the Coronado Springs after that for dessert and possibly a few drinks at Rix. And we can do it all for a lot less money than the $270 for 3 people it would cost for this Event.

I am not against Special Events or premium packages as long as it doesn't take away from other guest's experiences. I do have tickets for MVMCP for our stay and I am curious to see if they have a special event for that.

Disney must be running out of ideas for hard-ticket events at this point, so I'll help them out:

Keeper for a Day Premium Package at DAK ($249 for adults, $179 for children ages 3-9)

...I'll have my credit card on standby.

Genius, instead of paying employees, make all the job description "hard ticket events"!

"Skipper for a day" Spend the day going in circles on the world famous Jungle Cruise - $189
"Be a character" - dress in a costume and entertain the masses $279
"Resort transportation tour" - see what it's like to drive a bus while touring all FOUR parks and many of the Disney resorts! - $99

Genius, instead of paying employees, make all the job description "hard ticket events"!

"Skipper for a day" Spend the day going in circles on the world famous Jungle Cruise - $189
"Be a character" - dress in a costume and entertain the masses $279
"Resort transportation tour" - see what it's like to drive a bus while touring all FOUR parks and many of the Disney resorts! - $99

:thumbsup2 We forgot Remy's Kitchen Adventure where you get to wash dishes, prep food, and replenish buffet offerings. ($119 for adults, $79 for children ages 3-9)

:thumbsup2 We forgot Remy's Kitchen Adventure where you get to wash dishes, prep food, and replenish buffet offerings. ($119 for adults, $79 for children ages 3-9)

Do you get to eat the leftovers after your evening is over? Call it a "Dessert party" and I'm IN!

Oooh...how about the "Year of A Million Upgrades", where every can "win" special FP+ tickets, merchandise, and character interactions. Only $89 per person ($69 under 9)! (This joke is just for those that were going to Disney in 2007-2008.)

I am really not convinced this is worth the price. Everyone I've talked to about this has said there should have at least been a meet and greet included. But I'm sure there are people out there who have the money and will pay for this - which I'm sure Disney knew this before offering it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter