• 1971 - 1975

• 1976 - 1980

• 1981 - 1985

• 1986 - 1990

• 1991 - 1995

• 1996 - 2000

• 2000 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
My mom took my sister and me for the first time in 1986:)

I went the first year it opened. I was 18!:)

My Mom, brother and I went for the first time in 1972 when I was 12.

DH - 1983 when he was 32.
DD - 1992 when she was 11 months.
DS - 1995 when he was 10 months.

I would have gone sooner, but we didn't move to Florida until 1972!:teeth:

1975--when it was the MK and nothing else!! We did every store, attraction, shop, nook and cranny of the Kingdom.
Look at WDW now!!

My first trip was in 1992. We drove from philly. We stayed at the Guest Quarters (now called double Tree).

I think it was 1975. It was Easter and I was 7. Went back when I turned 12 for Christmas. The Easter trip was with my 17 years older than me sister, my brother in law and my mom. Then we returned when I was 12 years old. This trip we had my other two sisters who were in college with us. I know we went to Disneyland in there around when I was 9 also but right now I can't figure this out. Anyway, I went again at 14 with my sister and brother in law and I got to bring a friend. It was the year Epcot opened. I remember loving Figment and the Kraft cheese restraunt that was in the Land. We didn't get to go in the giant "golf ball" as we called it because they were repairing it. I dreamt about going back and then the best trip of them all was in 2001 with my then 4 year old DD. I can't put into words the magic of taking your child there. Last years trip wasn't too bad either. Had to take DD to Disneyland for Easter last year and was pleasantly suprised after doing WDW that she loved it there just as much.

First trip in 1990 - I was 21 and my partner and I saved for what we thought was going to be a trip of a lifetime (to be repeated for the 5th time this year).

I actually got to go in Oct 1971 !! I was either one or almost !!
I got to go alot as a kid as my family are big racers so i was the babysitter for the race and then we all went to disney !! how ever my Mom never got back till Dec 2001 , she was more fun then my kids !! Michelle

I was a kid, I was thinking mid-late 70's, but I remember having those ticket books (not one of Disney's better ideas).

When did they stop using those?

My dad drove us down from Michigan in our very cool custom conversion van with tinted star shaped windows in the back and decorated inside with wood paneling and orange shag carpet.

1987.... twice a year lets see thats uhh 17 years times er 2 that gives 32 times. Hmm seems like it was more than that. Oh well at least i am lucky enough to go!

1976 during the Bicentennial celebration:jester:

The main things I remember are Space Mt. and the monorail passing through the Contemporary. I thought the people staying in that hotel were soooo lucky! Finally got to stay there in 99:Pinkbounc

My family lived in Maitland, FL in 1971 and we went to WDW 2 weeks after it first opened (hadta wait for the crowds to die down), and we still waited 2 hours....traffic was still backed up I-4 and crawwwwwled :(

Since then I have been to WDW 75+times, but I still remember my first ...Iwas 9yo! :)

1976 for Grad Night...got to ride Space Mountain after a 2 hour wait, and Pirates of the Caribbean and Haunted Mansion it was VERY crowded, and I think that is about all I rode. Than we went back during the summer for 2 days but stayed off site. On-site in 1996 and been that way ever since!;)

I was 12 and we had just moved to Satellite beach. My dad asked If I wanted to go see DW (yeah!). We drove up this long road to a visitor center outside Orlando. Would you beleive the only thing the center had, as I remember, was a model under glass of Walt's concept of what DW would be. I was sooooo disapointed. You could see cranes and construction going on outside the center. That was my very first trip to DW (property)!

1979 Was my first trip to both WDW and Disneyland. Been back to WDW atleast twice a year since then and Disneyland about every other year.

I went, I believe in the summer of 1974. I was 5 years old at the time, and the story goes that my parents returned from the car trip with $0.39 between them, no checkbook, no credit cards, nothing else. I couldn't even imagine it now. Went 2 more trips as a kid, then started back on our Honeymoon in 1990. I think I am up to 12 trips, bakers dozen will be our Easter trip this year.
Donna in NJ

First trip to WDW was in 1976. I was 11 or 12.. I remember most of it vividly. We stayed at what was then known as The Golf Resort. I remember the Bicentennial parade and the MK. Driving to what is now called DTD seemed like it was a long ways away from 'the park.'

I have been back almost every year since then, some years multiple times. It is such a beautiful resort, you never do get bored.

My first trip to Disneyland was in 1967. That one I don't remember as much but we went back numerous times after that and it was always at the Disneyland Hotel... I haven't been to DL for years now, hoping to go soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter