• 1971 - 1975

• 1976 - 1980

• 1981 - 1985

• 1986 - 1990

• 1991 - 1995

• 1996 - 2000

• 2000 or later

Results are only viewable after voting.
Spring of 1977 -- somewhere around my 12th birthday. We have super 8 film of that trip. Me on the beach holding up the centerfold of my teen magazine. LEIF GARRETT!!!!!!!!! Bwhaaaaaaaaaa! And remember gym shorts with the stripe up the sides and tube socks????

I think it is my generation that those WDW promo videos are after.

1977 - off site with parents
1989 - Ft. Wilderness with in-laws to be
1990 - GF Honeymoom
1991 - Palace
1992 - POFQ
1993 - DL
1995 - CBR
1996 - DL
1998 - Ft. Wilderness

BOY ARE WE DUE FOR A TRIP!

My first trip was February 1974. I was almost 12. It was great!!! The worse part was the bus ride from New York it took 2 days. My mother didn't drive. My father passed away 2 years before so we went by bus. It was her, myself and my aunt. It was the longest ride of my life!!
I was so excited! I couldn't wait to get off of that bus!
It's amazing to see how much has changed over the years! My DH first trip was in 1999 he was 37. My kids first time also in 1999 DD 13, DS 11 & DS 6 1/2. We go every year after that. We LOVE it!!!

In 1992 I finally got to WDW, not for lack of begging! I was 25 and DH had no clue that Disney was not an ordinary amusement park ( I think he figured take her there and I won't have to hear her whine evertime a commercial comes on!)LOL;)
Well, that trip hooked hime and we were on a five year plan--every five years we'd go. In 1996 we had enough saved so we went again taking my parents with us (Mom was 50 and Dad 58 the first time they went to WDW). Now Mom is hooked too, but not nearly as bad as us. Because of a move, house purchase and grad school, we couldn't return until 2002. As we were planning we decided to purchase DVC. Now I won't miss a year unless I want to!(Like that is going to happen:jester:)

I cant remember my age,but the only resort hotel i remember seeing was the ,"Polynesian",and they were starting Epcot,but the monorail rode over it anyways(???) .Any one else remember that?I kinda remember the disney inn,i loved the welcome sign there or the sign that said disney inn,wish they had never gotten rid of it just blended it in to shades of green somehow,it was snowwhite and the 7 dwarfs ,does anyone remember that?

The first time was in June of 1977. Mom, Dad, 4 kids... one car.

We drove from Chicago... longest 2 1/2 days of my life... but worth every crabby minute in the car to walk into the Magic Kingdom. By the end of our two non-stop days in the park, my dad fell asleep on a bench holding all our shopping bags. We then spent the next 10 days visiting my Aunt & Uncle and seeing most everything in the area... then the dreaded 2 day drive home. :eek:

First time was 1986. We drove from NY and camped at Fort Wilderness......I was 6 months pregnant and had 2 kids. It was a big splurge for us, as we used to camp mostly in state campgrounds, or national parks. Boy, we've come a long way. Thanks for the memory.

The 1st time my parents took us was November, 1973. I was 11 and my brother was 6. We had a blast, however, I will never forget those ticket books. My dad would sit for hours in the evening with the map and the tickets and totally plan out what we would do the next day. By the time we went again in 1977 they no longer had those ticket books, and the trip was much more relaxing!

Feb 1972 - I went south to live by the Fla beach with my friends(when I should have been in college!) and whenever family or friends came to visit we always took them to WDW - so strange to think now that it was only the MK - I remember what a big deal it was when they were first planning EPCOT ! Wow - how time flies when you're having fun :smooth: !

The year was 1977 - we were 21 and on our honeymoon - drove down from NY. Twelve years later, in '89 we flew down with DD 11 & DS 8 (at the time) and I was 7 months pregnant. In '93, DH was attending a convention at the Cont., so we took DD 3 & DD 22 months -- had to leave the older 2 home. Since then, we have gone at least once a year (sometimes twice) and bought into DVC in 2000 and again in 2002. We now have 3 grandbabies to share "the World" with :) and still can't get enough!!!

My first trip was in 1976 with my DH. We were married for just six months at the time! I remember the feeling I got when I first stepped onto Main Street and saw Cinderelle's Castle in the distance!! I still get the same thrill every time! Have been there now for the last three years in a row after staying away for a long time, and am trying to think of a good way to let DH know I am ready to back again!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

For DD and myself:
April 2000 - 1st trip
April 2002 - 2nd trip

Thanks to business trips, DH has been:
October 2000
March 2000
April 2000
October 2000
March 2001
October 2001 - we finally wise up and got him an AP
March 2002
April 2002
October 2002 (went the week before the AP expired)

DH and I are going back March 2003 (his business trip with my just taggin' along)

DH is truly sick of WDW :) so he is really hoping he doesn't go back for the rest of 2003 or 2004.

96 was our first trip and we have been at least once a year since!:D

My first trip was 1979 I was 5 years old! It was one of my best memories of childhood!!!!!

We moved to Orlando in October 1971. We went to Disney soon after that. My father's company gave him free passes that we could use to go on any ride as many times as we wanted. It was during the times of tickets so these passes were pretty awesome. My family (and my Aunt's family) didn't know much about Disney so they packed a picnic lunch and sat on Main Street eating it. I unfortunately don't remember any of it because I was only 2 years old but we have lots of pictures and family stories (and my Aunt still has their passes from that day).

The year was 1996, sadly I was 28 before I ever got a taste of the magic. Now, we try to go back at least once a year. I was definately hooked.

My first trip to WDW was 1998! I was 19 yrs. old and my parents took the family for a Christmas present.:) Dec. 22-25

If I win the lottery, I'm moving to Orlando!;)

My first trip to WDW was the opening day of EPCOT. I am from a small town of 10,000 people. It blew my mind that there were roughly that many people in line just to get in to EPCOT that morning.

1976, when I was 7. It was the year of the Bicentennial and I remember the parade with everyone decked out in red, white and blue (mostly thru pictures). That's a parade I'd like to see again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter