Yeah it is our anniversary trip and No Kid!!!

Ok, finally got time today to get this going. I hope you guys had some good popcorn and you know they say it is supposed to be fat free. That would probably be before I added the pound of butter huh? LOL!!

Ok, so after we decided to head on out and find our hotel for the night I realized that I had forgotten the diraections to the hotel. Well how hard can it be to find it is right on I Drive? Wrong again!! (So here you should know that DH and I never ever fuss in our marriage unless it involves driving and me trying to navigate. On the way home from our honeymoon I had us drive 2 hours in the wrong direction before I realized that we were not going the right way:rolleyes1 Ever since then DH has not trusted my superb navigating skills.) So after some driving around, some low level cursing, and just a little fussing we roll into our hotel. The Rodeway Inn International. So, I booked this hotel through bookit.com and it looked really nice with interior rooms, and balconies. Well, when we drive up we see that half of the hotel is like that and then the other half is exterior rooms. I booked a semi suite and of course those rooms were not in the nice portion of the hotel and of course they are full so there is no chance of moving.
So we get our room number and drive around to find it and realize that we are in a portion of the hotel that is hosting some kind of family reunion and when I say these people are partying I have never (and I live in the country and have seen some real redneck parties before) seen people party like this in a hotel. They are sitting in their lawn chairs on the sidewalk in front of all the rooms including ours, grilling in the rooms, drinking and just reallly really loud. So DH and I decide we will go get a bite to eat and maybe they will be tired by then.

Well, If you remember this is our anniversary night and we are going out to eat. DH says that he wants me to choose where to go. Well I spy a Bennigans across the street and am thinking that we could just walk over there and it would be close and not too terribly expensive. When I mention this I get the ultimate You are SO Cheap Look!! DH then proceeds to walk over there and we sit down to order and then I realize that he is actually mad at me. Ok so maybe I should have picked somewhere a little nicer and fancier for our anniversary dinner but I really like Bennigans. The worst part was the service was horrible and DH just would not let me live it down. You should know that I was raised in a family that being cheap is a way of life and I just can not help myself. DH indulges me most times and is thankful to have a wife that does not just spend money like it grows on trees but he really does get aggravated at me when he says I take it too far and do not enjoy life a little and quit worrying about it. He really is a sweetheart and would give me anyhting in the world.:lovestruc

Ok so enough mushy stuff!! We head back to our hotel to find the party in full swing and the fire alarm going off. SOmeone pulled it so the front desk says and this happens about 10 times between 8pm and 3am. To make a long story short we got no sleep until the 3am mark when the hotel security gave up and called the cops and everyone was kicked out. HORRIBLE!!!!!

Up next the last Day

That is horrible! I would have been like:furious: !!!!!!! I hate people who stay in hotels and feel like they are in their own propeerty with no consideration for other guests. It sounds like you have a great DH:love: . I do agree with him, it was your anniversary and you should have just stayed on property. But yu know what they say hindsight is 20/20. I cant wait to her how the next day goes. Do you guys live in Florida?

waiting for next installment:yay:

Betty

Ok guys sorry that I did not finish this sooner but my computer got struck by lightning and blew up but it is now fixed so to wrap this up.

The last day of our trip we checked out of our Oh so Wonderful hotel and headed on over to do my husbands version of the lightning round of rides. We started with IOA and made the round of Hulk, Spiderman, Dueling Dragons. We then headed over to US to do the Mummy and MIB again. I have to admit that at this point I was so tired from lack of sleep that I was just ready to go home. We headed to NAscar Grille for lunch. It was really good and probably the best place we ate. After that we just decided to head on home.

The end of a wonderful trip and some much needed alone time for DH and I. However I was overjoyed to see DS and be home. We are now planning another trip end of July with DS and I can not wait.

Thanks for reading this and I hope to give a more detailed with pictures TR next time.

oh, you poor thing.
lightening is nothing to joke about.

are you and the fam doing okay?
hope so.

did enjoy your trippie.
so sorry it had to end.

dont' cha wish vacays could last for months............then we could get the zzzz's we are deprived up when we are on vacation........:hippie:

Thank-God you are okay:eek:

I cant even imagine:worried: how horrible that must have been.

Glad you had a good time with DH:banana: on your trip!

Thanks guys for the concern. We are all fine but the lightning killed our computer and phone. Our neighbor lost his air conditioner and pool pumps. It was crazy.

We did have such a wonderful time on our trip and I am so glad we got preffered passes so we can go back. Thanks again for reading my trip report.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter