Yeah it is our anniversary trip and No Kid!!!

sditty

Earning My Ears
Ok so this is the first time I have ever posted here but we just got back from our wonderful trip and thought I would put down a trip report and maybe someone would find something useful out of it. Sorry No Pictures!!

Anyway, my DH and I had our 11th anniversary June 14th so we thought we would plan a trip. A little background info we have a 5 year old little boy and have never been off alone since he was born. So me being the crazy paranoid person in the family took 2 weeks to get up the nerve and finally agree to leave him with the grandparents so we could go off but drew the line at 3 days.

So we planned our trip for June 13th, 14th, and 15th.

So I will start with Thursday, the day before departure. I have planned everything out and my DH has so graciously paid for everything. Lucky him huh!! We are scheduled to pick up our rental car at 2pm because our air conditioner went out in our car and DH tells me I am absolutely nuts when I say it will be OK we can just get it fixed when we get back it won't be too hot. So we head off to the rental place before he gives me the famous stop being so cheap look.
Well, when we arrive they of course do not have the car that I asked for (because it got great gas mileage) but do have one that they will upgrade us to that looks like a tank on wheels. Of course DH is thrilled that we got a free upgrade but me keeper of the budget is looking at it and wondering how much $4 a gallon gas this thing will drink. So, off we go in our tank back to the house to load up and get DS ready for grandma's.

Sorry if this too detailed or long!!

Well, it is now 5pm and time to drop DS off at grandma's (who by the way lives next door) but I am so not ready. DH actually asks me if I have taken my medication today when I tell him that yes DS really needs all 3 bags I have packed for a 3 day stay. Well, maybe I did get a little carried away with the what if he needs this syndrome but hey you never know and I would not want grandma to have to walk all the way over here, use her house key, and try to find whatever it is that DS needs. LOL!! Ok I know I am crazy but they love me anyway. So after the panic attack I have when we leave DS we are ready to pack our bags into the car and get to bed as we are leavng at 2am.

Next up Departure and the Stop being so cheap look again from DH!!

Ok so we are up at 2am to leave for our trip!! Let me just say ahead of time that my Dh leaves for work at this time every day so he is up and cheerful and ready to go and I am so not a morning person and grouchy and ready to just go back to sleep.

Anyway, so we have about a 5.5 hour drive ahead of us so we figure that we better get started. Well, we get ont he road and stop to fill up the car ($60 later, I just know this car is going to cost us a fortune and we should have just taken ours I mean it only supposed to be 94 today) so we have a totally uneventful trip except that I think we have forgotten what it is like to be alone without DS.

We arrive at PBH ( I totally surprised Dh by booking this hotel) However here comes the look when I tell him that I only booked us here for one night and at a cheaper hotel for the 2nd night since we would just be leaving on Sunday and would not be able to use the perks for much of the day. He gets so annoyed with me about being cheap and so we spend time trying to find out if we can still cancel our other hotel and just stay here for 2 nights but we have already paid and can not get our money back so we will be moving to the other hotel for 2nd night.

Ok so after Dh is through being disgusted with me we check into the PBH which is totally gorgeous. We are armed with our FOTL passes and decide to head to US. After a call to grandma to check on DS that I snuck in the bathroom so totally loving those phones in the bathroom.

We have not been to US in about 10 years so we are like little kids as we walk up and see the grounds. We head in and get our annual passes from the ticket kiosk that I was expecting to be much more difficult than it really was. Get our map of the park and take a second to look it over.

OK so one thing you should know about DH is that he walks really fast and when he sees something that he wants to do it is imperative that we get to it like totally this minute, not a minute later, people get out of our way we are coming through, don't slow me down, you are walking too slow or he will absolutely DIE!! LOL!! So needless to say I spend alot of time trying to get him to slow down or catch up to him. SO, when he found out what the FOTL pass was all about suddenly I was the queen of planning and the love of his life (wait I was already that) and he was totally in love with the FOTL passes. Swearing never would we come here with out them.

Anyway, off we head to the first ride of the day Shrek 4-D. After we flash our FOTL pass, we had to wait a few minutes for the other show to let out but got in with about a 10 minute wait. I have to say that I was not thrilled with this one but I have a hard time with 3-D shows making my head hurt but I thought it was well done and DS would love it when we bring him back for his birthday this year. (oh yeah this trip was supposed to be us scoping everything out to see if it would be a good trip for the B-Day boy later int he year) So, after this we decide to skip Jimmy Neutron and head to Twister next.

So we get to the Twister ride and it was surprisingly really good.
Off we head to The Mummy. Ok let me stop here and say that I absolutely LOVE the Mummy. Has to be the best ride ever. Great, Great, Great! Can you tell that I like it? SO we ride it and I have to do it again, and agian, and again!! After the 5th time DH drags me out kicking and screaming and we head on over to the next ride. So we check out Disaster and then see that Jaws is not running because there is some lightning in the distance and they closed it for a little bit.

Well at this point DH sees MIB and he takes off with me looking like an idiot trying to keep up with him and him telling me I am walking way to slow. So we do MIB and I totally smoked him. HAHAHA!! I am so bragging and I want to go again. We do it again and guess what it was totally a fluke and he creams me on this ride for the rest of our stay. But he was beat the first time by a mear girl!!

By this point I am starving so we sit down on a bench to talk over the lunch plans.

Up next the typical neither one of us wants to make a decision and we end up eating somewhere crappy story!!

Ok so I am totally starving and we sit down on a bench to decide what to eat. One thing to know about us is that neither of us likes to make the final decision so it is alot of whatever you want is fine with me, and you decide because I really do not care, and wasting alot of time on a truly small decision. This is why I made plans for dinner each night to skip this part an dnext time I will have lunch planned out also. So we realize that all the sit down places are kinda full so we decide to get something from one of the other places and for some weird reason that is typical of us we end up at some kind of kids zone over by ET and order a pizza to split and it was horrible. I mean really horrible. When I picked up a slice the grease just ran off of it. So, note to self and everyone else. There is a reason that they say Kids Zone. No adult would really want to eat there!

So after this wonderful culinary experience we decide to do ET. I really liked it but DH said it was kinda cheesy so maybe it is an acquired taste. We then decide to head over to the Simpson's. Take note that the sign outside says 90 minute wait but are hoping that the FOTL will not be too bad. We waited like 10 minutes and I look over at the normal line and almost felt guilty (almost but not too much when I remember the bill at the hotel) The ride was really good and cleverly done but not something I would ride more than once. We spend the rest of the afternoon with me chasing after DH and telling him to slow down it will be there when we get there and riding the Mummy and MIB a zillion more times.

We decide, well my tired and aching feet decide by about 6pm that it is time to head back to the hotel to change for dinner.

Up next Pat O Brians and Louisianna memories.

Ok so we just got back from going out to eat and I can finish up. We had one of our famous where do you want to go, I dont know where do you want to go conversations and finally settled on Outback.

So, where was I? Oh yeah we went back to PBH and got changed and cleaned up for dinner. Now I knew where we were going this time so no discussion. My DH and I lived in Louisianna for 2.5 years right after we got married and absolutely love cajun food so I knew it was to be Pat O Brians. I also knew that DH had to have a hurricane. So we get there and go into the dueling piano bar and let me say here that if you have ever been to the original in New Orleans then it hard to bear a substitute but this one was really good. So we sit in the bar for a while and DH has a hurricane. I dont drink so I had a coke and let me tell you it was Wonderful LOL just kidding DH said the drink was good but I was already thinking of that crawfish ettouffe I was going to eat. So we move to an outside table and that is what I have and it was awesome. DH has the seafood platter I think it what it was called and he said it was really good too. They had a live band playing that night right across from us in the middle of Citywalk and they were so good that we just sat for a long time and listened. After walking around soem more we decided to head back to the PBH and some much needed rest.

Next: IOA and Day2

Day 2

So, day 2 starts with a phone call home to check on DS and after 15 minutes talking to him DH is rolling his eyes and doing his usual come on we have to be there now even though the park does not open for another hour routine so I hurry up and we head to IOA. Ok, so I will go ahead and raise my hand and confess that I am a total scardy cat on big coasters and my stomach was already making it known that it sees that huge green thing in the distance. So I am in no hurry to get there and besides it is not even open however fate would smile on us (Oh Yippee) and they were letting annual passholders in early. Of course DH is now in his torpedo mode making a beeline for the big green thing (Hulk). We get over there and are informed that it is the only ride open right now so here we go. I will say DH kept walking faster and I kept walking slower the closer we got to the front of the line well the front because there was no line we were the only people there. We get on in the back because the TM told DH that was the best spot. Away we go, DH laughing as I check my harness for the 10th time and close my eyes. I know I am a wimp but that is OK. DH loved this ride and of course since it was the only thing open said it was only logical to go again. YEAH!!!

Be back in a bit to add more but gotta get DS to bed.

Ok, thanks guys for the interest and for reading this. I know it is probably pretty boring with no pictures but I promise to take pictures when we go with DS in a few months.

So anyway after we get off Hulk we see they are going to let people into Spiderman and I am totally phsyced (spelling?) We head over there and make our way quickly on the ride only to get a few feet in and realize DUH we need 3-D glasses. Oh could we be any stupider? So we get off and go around again this time with our glasses and let me tell you it is so much better with them. LOL!! I loved this one.

As we get off DH has caught the scent of the dueling dragons and now is on the warpath straight to them. No stopping in Suess Land, no looking at the great theming, no even slowing down to breathe until we reach them. When we get there I am thinking maybe this will not be too bad I did Hulk right? Wrong!! I just happened to for some reason unknown to anyone but the fates pick the seat that is apparently for larger people and the harness does not tighten down as far. So, off we go and then I realize that this means I am freaking out thinking I am going to fly out of this thing because it is so loose. I am holding on so tight that I think I crush a few bones in my hand. All the while DH is laughing at me. See if he gets me to agree to do the other dragon. Well actually he did! I know sucker huh? Well I agree to do it if he will go on the Cat in the Hat with me. So we go on the other dragon Ice this time I think and yes it was awful. DH loved it.

After this it is time for some food and some time to let my nerves settle so we decide to eat at Enchanted Oak. Luckily it was right there and we did not have to have our ritual indecision conversation. I will say I thought the food was good. I had the burger plate and DH had the ribs and both were good even though I grumbled about the price of the rib plate and told DH he should get the burger too and then got the Stop being so Cheap look again and he got the ribs.

Off to Cat in the Hat. DH reluctantly got on and will not admit it but I know I saw him smiling through this ride. So cute and I can not wait to go on it with DS.

Ok so then we have one of our not the brightest moments and decide that we probably will not get too wet if we head over and do Jurrassic Park River Adventure. Well, we did not get too wet on this however I will say that we were on a boat with some of the rudest people ever. College age boys 23-25 about 4 of them and they were so annoying. Talking really loud and making fun of everything that it was aggravating. Well like I said we did not get too wet and so head over to Ripsaw falls and think that we will go ahead and do this. So we wait in line (the longest we waited in with the FOTL of about 25 minutes) I get on and am really liking this as we slowly cruise along until we get to the drop and I realize how high it is. This has to be the fstest log flume ever. Totally crazy!! So we get kinda wet.

Well we figure since we are a little wet we should do Popeye and here comes the not so bright moment. We think this will be like some of the other river boat rides in that you get a little wet and it is just kinda fun floating along. Okay first clue should have been the big sign outside that we did not read that said You Will Get Wet, second clue the freaking plastic covers they have on the boats to put your stuff under. DUH!!!! Well, we get SOAKED!! I hate walking around in wet clothes too.

So we decide to head over to US and maybe we will be dry by then and we were. I convince DH that the Mummy is a must again and after we ride it and MIB so many times that the line TM knows us we decide maybe we should go get ready for our anniversary dinner and find our 2nd hotel.

Up next the hotel disaster!!!

eh, did you wash your hands before you had your grubbies in that box?

just wondering..........i'll eat it anyway.
even the ones that fall on the floor.

I have to take care of getting DH to bed and clothes laid out for tommorrow and then have to get dishes washed and go to bed because we have an early day tommorrow. So I will finish this up tommorrow. Have a great night and thanks for reading!!

I have to take care of getting DH to bed and clothes laid out for tommorrow and then have to get dishes washed and go to bed because we have an early day tommorrow. So I will finish this up tommorrow. Have a great night and thanks for reading!!

i will have you know that betty and i will be up all night eating popcorn waiting for your return.

if we get fat, i will know who to point the finger at........:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter