Yak and Yeti -- Super YUMMY UMMY!

We're another family of Y&Y fans! It was one of our favorite meals in October, and we're planning to eat there twice in August.

BTW, the fried green bean appetizer is outstanding!! I'm dreaming about those just as much as the pineapple wontons....

yak and yeti is on the ddp. i have used mine there twice. it may be owned by outside interest but is operated on disney property by disney cms.;)

and it is terrific!!!!!:goodvibes

We loved the Yak & Yeti, but I'd suggest not going there just after riding the Kali River Rapids. We were soaked, and the air conditioning in the restaurant made us very cold. :eek:

We had the same experience. Almost froze in our wet clothes. Food was great. We compare it to P.F. Chang's

Everything here looks good.

Is that entree the Crispy Mahi Mahi - filet of mahi mahi, Japanese bread crumbs, Cantonese sweet and sour sauce, jasmine rice, stir-fried vegetables $20.99

right on top of the pic of sorbets?

I LOVE Yak & Yeti!! I had the tempura shrimp and steak and the fried wonton dessert. We also got the green bean appetizer. I think Yak and Yet is nothing like regular chinese food, not to say one is better than the other, but it is just two different types of food in my opinion. We are going back in June, it wasn't even a question. :love:

I am so glad you posted this positive review...:goodvibes-I was really excited when I originally heard about this restaurant opening-the theming seems really cool and perfect for the park...but since then Y&Y gets such incredibly mixed reviews...:confused3...I don't get it...it seems like their are certain Disney restaurants that have people who really like them and people who hate them...(Sci Fi comes to mind...)

I think we're going to take a chance on this one...:thumbsup2

Does anyone know what the last ADR you can make is based on the Park's closing time????:confused3

the first time we went to yak & yeti we did not like the looks and location of the restaurant. but after inside we discovered that the looks were a great addition the asian area of ak and very interesting once you look around. we fell in love with the restaurant and the food. maybe we just loved asian food to begin with (which i did not know until then) or maybe it's just yak & yeti and the whole animal kingdom thing that we love. :thumbsup2

what ever it is we will continue to go as often as possible.:goodvibes

When I went for dinner, I got the duck, which was excellent.(sorry Donald.:lmao:)For dessert, I got the fried wontons..incredible.

Got ADRs for my upcoming trip too..I may try the ribs this time.

We loved it too! We ate there last month and had the eggrolls and mussels for appetizers, beef & broccoli and shrimp lo mein for entrees, and the brownie sundae for dessert. Everything was SO good! We also had a wonderful server.

We will be back on our next trip!

Can I use my Landry's card (rainforest cafe membership card that can be used ast any Landry's restaurant) there?

We loved Yak & Yetti and will go back. My husband and I both got the ribs and neither one of us could finish them. He got the Mango pie and I got the pineapple cream cheese dessert---can't describe it---too yummy. We were both useless after that. Thank goodness a Nemo show was starting and we could sit and digest our food!

I believe you can use it for the 10% discount. I have been debating this restaurant over and over and think we may have to give in and take the plunge. I keep seeing pictures on the wontons and they look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo yummy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter