Yak and Yeti -- Super YUMMY UMMY!

I agree with you, the ribs were fantastic, there was so many of them , I shared and I was still full!

Looking forward to this one. Anyone know if the steamed dim sum basket is counted as an app for one or two people on the DxDP?

Thanks!

We've been to the Y & Y twice and it's been great both times. It's now on our can't miss list for every trip.

We :lovestruc Yak & Yeti. It has become one of our must do restaurants. I love the tempura shrimp, one daughter loves the mahi, and the other one likes the lo mein with shrimp. We all love the dessert wontons. They are incredible! Three months and we'll be back!

DS and I loved Yak & Yeti - can't wait to go back! We had the fried green beans - amazing! We both had the skirt steak and shrimp and both loved it. Neither of us could finish all the food, and he's 19 and eats a lot. He had the fried wontons for desert - neither of us really liked them. I took the mango pie to go and that was good.

It's nice reading so many people loved Yak and Yeti, but alas, it was not the case for me :sad2:. I thought the food was Americanized Chinese, overly sauced and non descriptive. Mom had the Mahi-Mahi (which was bland and dry) I had honeyed chicken and while it wasn't awful..it just didn't suit me.
I was thinking that for my next trip I would leave AK and have my TS meal elsewhere.

I've heard a lot of bad reviews of this place and have always wanted to try it. This really helps! We'll try it out. ::yes::

We love this place!!! I had the Steak and Shrimp, my kids had the Tempura Shrimp, and my DH had some type of salmon. We also ordered the Wok Fried Green beans which we all loved!! Everyone had the wontons except for me, I had the Sorbet which was wonderful on such a hot day!! Definately going back this year!!

BTW, the Egg Rolls from the CS place make a great use of a snack credit!!

i have really enjoyed yak and yeti every trip, but the last time was the greatest every!... i had the ribs and ate every bite. the egg rolls are the best i have ever had and the wonton desert is just as good as everyone else says.::yes::

i can not wait to go back but will wait until close to time to leave the park so i can take the extra ribs back to the resort with me. i could not bare to leave them and was painfully overstuffed. i will ride ee and the river rapids first so that i won't lose my take home ribs.:woohoo:

haha, I couldn't leave mine either, gave some to mom and DD, and kept eating till I was STUFFED.

I didn't have my pics in photobucket when I originally started this thread. Can't find the one of my mom's meal, but here's what I have...

100_2070.jpg

100_2073.jpg

100_2072.jpg

100_2074.jpg

Thanks for all the positive reviews!

We are on the regular DP and a CM suggested Sanaa when I did my ADRs but when I saw the menu for that I didn't think my kids (or me!) would eat anything. So I switched my ADR on our AK day to Y&Y and now I am thrilled to read your thoughts :banana:

(And the photos just above made me HUNGRY at work....)

I'm trying to decide between eating here (which is convenient because it's in the park) or skipping on over to AKL and eatind at Boma. If you had to choose, which one would you go with??? I haven't eaten at either restaurant so I'm clueless. My DH LOVES ribs so I'm tempted to do Yak and Yeti for that reason alone.

Yak and Yeti is on my must try list! I want to try the honey chicken and that wonton dessert....they both look soooo yummy! :love:

i love yak and yeti, but also try to make it to boma's on every trip to wdw. that has also become a fav of the entire family.;)you get all the wonderful food on that buffet plus getting to spend time in that beautiful lodge which in it's self is a real treat.::yes:: look up:upsidedow for the hidden mickeys.

totally agree, this is 1 of the few spots i goto every time i go down to wdw. mostly cause i prefer spending the whole day at the park. dont really do flame tree anymore as its hit or miss in the food quality there, at least for me in the last few years.
couple of older pics, i actually just noticed i never uploaded all my pics from my jan trip so will have a few others up soon

P1000131.jpg

P1000132.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter