Wow Kungaloosh is tasty!!!

I've been wanting to try this 'Kungaloosh'. Is this the correct recipe:

1/4 cup Blackberry Brandy
1/4 cup Capt Morgan's spiced rum
1/4 cup strawberry daiquiri mix
1/4 cup orange juice

Blend with enough ice to make slushy.

I thought I might have seen a variant or two?

If you're gonna be there later this week, I'll hook you up with a real Kungaloosh - I have the blackberry brandy.

!!! I absolutely will be!!!!!!! I am always ready for another session!

Lil' Lisa said:
So TheLug... How are you feeling this morning???

I feel great!!! They were amazingly friendly the next morning. I was at work at 7:45!

TOGA said:

1/4 cup orange juice

That is the version i used minus the Blackberry on the brandy. All i could find at the Liquor store near the Fort was Standard Brandy.

1/4 cup orange juice

Here's the history. The above is actually a variation on Disney's official Kungaloosh, the newer version served at the Adventurer's club just prior to its demise. I found it too sweet and too difficult to remember the right proportions as Disney had them, so one day I made the ultimate sacrifice for the team and messed around with the amounts until it tasted good and was easy to remember, and the above version was born. Since that day, I have taken it upon myself to promote the Kungaloosh in this version as the official drink of the Fort Wilderness Fiends. It is my hope that my drunken efforts will be appreciated by all who take the time to mix it long after FWGuy has gone to the big campground in the sky.

Thanks for taking one for the team. I'll have to give this a try as soon as I'm able....most likely repeatedly. You know, for quality control purposes.

Is there any substitution for the strawberry daiquiri mix? I have a friend who is allergic to strawberries. Would you use plain daiquiri mix in the main batch and have strawberries on the side for everyone else to add?

Is there any substitution for the strawberry daiquiri mix? I have a friend who is allergic to strawberries. Would you use plain daiquiri mix in the main batch and have strawberries on the side for everyone else to add?

I stayed true to Disney's ingredients, just altered their proportions. I suppose if you substituted something for the strawberry daiquiri mix, it just wouldn't officially be a Kungaloosh anymore.

Having a good time!! Chef mickeys was very character filled. I was accompanied by every character because I was alone. Not sure I would go back. Enjoyed just cruisin on the boat and monorail!! Neighbors are great trip is good!!

Tomorrow is les chefs in epcot. Not sure if I will get that or geddyyap and go. It sounds tasty.

Wow! :confused3

If you seriously are debating whether to eat French food over a Giddyap and Go, you must have consumed some major Kungaloosh.

That's crazy talk right there.

Heresy even.

You had better tell us that you went with the Giddyap and Go.

Or else, I am coming over there with my pitchfork and torch and chasing you right out of the Fort.

Sheesh!

Focus, man.

Focus.

TCD

More crazy talk!

What kind of allergic reaction are we talking here?

Not life-threatening right?

Then tell the friend to suck it up.

Or just stay home.

Like Mom always said:

"If you can't stand the Kungaloosh, then stay out of the Fort."

I stayed true to Disney's ingredients, just altered their proportions. I suppose if you substituted something for the strawberry daiquiri mix, it just wouldn't officially be a Kungaloosh anymore.

Finally.

A voice of reason.:thumbsup2

TCD

When dealing with food allergies, you have two choices. Do without and make everyone suffer, or single them out and make them feel like a weirdo.

At least that's what I've heard. :confused3

Wow! :confused3

If you seriously are debating whether to eat French food over a Giddyap and Go, you must have consumed some major Kungaloosh.

That's crazy talk right there.

Heresy even.

You had better tell us that you went with the Giddyap and Go.

Or else, I am coming over there with my pitchfork and torch and chasing you right out of the Fort.

Sheesh!

Focus, man.

Focus.

TCD

OK so i offically changed my entire dining experience this morning.

It is now Biergarten Tonight!
Cape May Cafe Tomorrow night!
And French Thursday
Chicken Friday

OK... I promise not to mess with the Kungaloosh recipe. Cross my heart... My friend with the "close your throat I can't breath" strawberry allergy took a quick trip to WDW this past weekend found the wonders of the Grey Goose slushy. I can make batches of each. Sounds like a plan.:thumbsup2

I bow down to FtWildernessGuy!:worship:
All Hail!

That recipe was well received by the neighbors on our Frozen Friday Night get-togethers this summer!
I had to substitute Raspberry Schnapps and that worked well - have to search for the brandy!

1 Wash 1 lb. of blackberries and lay them on paper towels to dry. If you are using frozen berries, allow them to thaw fully before you introduce them to the brandy.

2 Place the blackberries in three pint-sized mason jars or other glass containers that have tight-fitting lids. Divide the berries equally among the three containers.

3 Divide 1 cup of superfine sugar among the three jars, pouring on top of the berries. Superfine sugar is granulated sugar that is ground even more, allowing it to dissolve easily. If you cannot find superfine sugar, regular granulated sugar will work fine.

4 Pour brandy into each jar, filling them to the top. Close the jars and give them a vigorous shake to incorporate all of the ingredients.

5 Store the blackberry brandy in a cool, dark storage area, such as a pantry shelf.

6 Shake each jar of brandy every 2 to 3 days for a week. After the initial week, shake the jars one day a week for at least eight weeks. You may want to mark your calendar to make it easier to remember.

7 Strain out the blackberries from the brandy after eight weeks of fermenting. Keep the berries to use as a dessert sauce if desired. At this point the brandy is ready to drink, but can steep even longer for a more powerful blackberry flavor if you wish.

When dealing with food allergies, you have two choices. Do without and make everyone suffer, or single them out and make them feel like a weirdo.

At least that's what I've heard. :confused3

HEY!!! Take this to the Petroleum Bagel Thread!!

OK so i offically changed my entire dining experience this morning.

It is now Biergarten Tonight!
Cape May Cafe Tomorrow night!
And French Thursday
Chicken Friday

Do yourself a favor.... nix French Thursday and make it either Ohana's Thursday or Boma's Thursday. Les Chef's is highly over-rated. If you can swing a ressie at Ohana's try and get a table about the time the fireworks at the MK go off - then try to get a table near a window! :thumbsup2

Wow, I finished reading this thread and suddenly it hit me....I didn't really experience The Fort.

My first visit was this past January and I thought I loved it. I now realize that my trip was incomplete as I had not tasted the wonder of this beverage called Kungaloosh!

I immediately went to DH and told him we needed to go back. So we are now booked for the last week in May!

...Strain out the blackberries from the brandy after eight weeks of fermenting. Keep the berries to use as a dessert sauce if desired. At this point the brandy is ready to drink, but can steep even longer for a more powerful blackberry flavor if you wish.

Ooh - DH and I did something similar to this 10 years ago. We took a huge mason jar, filled it with fresh cherries (no stems) and then dumped in a bottle of decent vodka (unflavored). We put it on top of the fridge and forgot about it for a few YEARS. :rolleyes:

We opened it up and tried it - just so so.

So we closed it up and forgot about it again.

Until last year.

Whoah that's some KILLER STUFF right there!! :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

If you can swing a ressie at Ohana's try and get a table about the time the fireworks at the MK go off - then try to get a table near a window! :thumbsup2

Gotta agree with that suggestion!

Although I do like the sound of
French Thursday and
Chicken Friday

:upsidedow

Oh and as for the throat closing berry allergies...

I always eat my fruit with an antihistamine chaser. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter