Would you rather - park hopper vs. base tickets edition...

jshoemak

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between a 2-Day park hopper ticket or the 4-Day Magic Ticket (base tickets) for our trip in July. We are staying 4 nights. They are comparable in price. What would you rather do?

Depends on how much time you want to spend in each park...

Personally I like to park hop and I almost always do 3 day park hoppers. (hence I'm not taking advantage of the discount).

However if I were someone that didn't mind one park per day I'd definitely suggest the 4 day ticket.

Depends on how much time you want to spend in each park...

Personally I like to park hop and I almost always do 3 day park hoppers. (hence I'm not taking advantage of the discount).

However if I were someone that didn't mind one park per day I'd definitely suggest the 4 day ticket.
We usually do park hoppers. My thoughts are that we might use the pools more if we only have base tickets. We are staying at the Boardwalk.

Our family just had this dilemma. We ended up opting for the 4 day magic ticket. We've been before so could have done the hopper and just hit our favorites. But when it came down to it we decided that having 4 full days to take our time in each park was worth it. We like to hop, BUT it also can sometimes feel rushed, or like we miss certain things getting to the next thing. And I'm never sorry to have more days in the parks!

Our family just had this dilemma. We ended up opting for the 4 day magic ticket. We've been before so could have done the hopper and just hit our favorites. But when it came down to it we decided that having 4 full days to take our time in each park was worth it. We like to hop, BUT it also can sometimes feel rushed, or like we miss certain things getting to the next thing. And I'm never sorry to have more days in the parks!
Right! More days in the parks = happiness!!

This is what we ultimately decided as well. I love hopping as it opens up possibilities for hitting favorites more than once and also gives you more meal options, but we do often feel rushed or like we have to skip things. We opted for the 4 park magic ticket for this trip because it was such a better price compared to the PH. I'm a little sad at the idea of only being able to hit each park once, but I'm looking forward to taking our time and actually being able to soak in the magic.

I love park hopping now that we started last year, but in this case I'd go with the 4 day base ticket. 2 days is tough for fitting everything in. We did several trips without park hopping and they were all wonderful!

I am a big fan of park hopping, so its really annoying to me that these tickets are always 1 park per day and never have a hopping option.
Even if they had it be one park per day and Epcot I'd be a lot happier with it.
I know myself I can get a lot done with a two day hopper and Genie+
But I travel solo and can just do what I want - once you add even one other person it gets a lot tougher IMO.

We've stayed on property for all our trips.
Only the first trip we did park hoppers and that's because we had the combined DLR/WDW premier pass (no longer available). We only park hopped once, to visit the last day of the Flower & Garden Festival and get their merchandise which had been marked 30-50% off at that point.

I would go 4-day base ticket for the summer special.

This was a hard decision for me, but we opted for non-hoppers this trip. It meant we got MORE park time for a cheaper cost - plus we'll spend the afternoon pool side (We're staying at Board Walk Inn) and just feels less chaotic. I'll miss the flexibility, but more time to relax :)

We usually get hoppers too but in this case I’d go with the 4 day ticket.

2 day hoppers likely means 2 really long park days that risk being too exhausted in the evenings to enjoy evening shows or lower lines. I’d prefer the flow of 4 park days where we’d probably get more done as well. Especially with staying at BW where it’ll be convenient to go back for a swim/break on EP and HS days.

For double the time in the parks, get the single park ones. Honestly MK and HS are easy to spend a whole day at. We always find Epcot and AK to be shorter days and plan pool time or DS time for those days.

Depending on what time you arrive and leave, I would take the 4 day base ticket. Animal Kingdom is good to do on your last day, or you could do Epcot on arrival day.

get 4 day hoppers. :) (yes I know that's slightly obnoxious but life is short what's a few benjamins here and there on vacation)

I've gotten lazy as I've gotten older (throw in pushing around someone in a wheelchair) and I only do base tickets now. I get to move slow and take as many or as long of a break as I want and still feel as though I got my money's worth as opposed to rushing to hop to justify the price (in my head at least). I've bought park hoppers before and only used it once and that was just because I scored a very specific ADR that I'd been stalking back then. For me, I'd take more days over hoppers.

Trying to decide between a 2-Day park hopper ticket or the 4-Day Magic Ticket (base tickets) for our trip in July. We are staying 4 nights. They are comparable in price. What would you rather do?
4 day base. We do park hop on occasion. but I really prefer not to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter