Would anyone be willing to give me a lift to the Hoop De Doo Revue on December 3 ?

DixieDreamer

<font color=blue>Instant Human - <font color=brown
Would anyone be willing to give me a lift from the Swan to the Hoop De Doo Revue at the Wilderness Lodge and back on December 3rd? I signed up to go, but I am not going to have a rental car... so I am trying to figure out the logistics of getting there. Anyone heading that way from the Swan or Dolphin that would be willing to give me a lift?

I am a nice person (really). ;)

I would, Laura, but I'm in the same spot. My sister and I are at the BCV. I haven't even begun to think about transportation issues yet. But, we can probably go to the closest them park by bus and pick up a bus to Fort Wilderness from there. As long as the parks are still open, I try to avoid using DTD as a hub. It can be a nightmare and it takes forever to do that. ;) :teeth:

Ditto here, Barb and Laura.
I am at the Swan as well, but I figure that I will just wait and see about transportation to the various places.
It's going to be here soon!:D ;)
Corinne

I would love to drive you all (I know Barb, Nancy and Corinne are nice, I've met them :p), but I will be at Chef Mickey's and MVMCP.

If I'm in MK I'm gonna head from there - if not I'll be going from the Swan and I was gonna suggest sharing a cab with people but it really depends on how my day goes and where I'm gonna be.

Laura if you PM me your surname I'll make sure to ring you in your room if I'm gonna get a cab...... that's if you want?

We are at the VWL, my suggestion is take the bus to the MK. From the MK there is a boat to FW/HDD. Is everyone doing the resort tour after the HDD? We will have a compact car. I believe that means I can take 3 folks at a time. We could also set something up if needed. The MK's regular closing time is 6PM. There is a MVMCP that night so busses should be running to and from the MK. Let us know if you still need a ride.

We'll be staying at the Contemporary, so we'll be relying on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles (OOPS! I mean Buses, Boats, and Monorails!) to get everywhere!!

Debbie:earsgirl:

DixieDreamer, I have a car, but I think that I will be at MK that day. And I was just going to take the boat launch from the MK to the FWC marina to the HDDMR.

I love sitting in the outside seats in the back of the boat on the lake. I ride them every chance I can...lol.

And since there is a MVMCP at MK until midnight, I was going to take the same boat ride back to MK and then the bus back to the Dolphin.

If my plans change and I do take my car, I would be happy to give you a ride.

Ray :)

:::scratching my head::: Hmmmm, I think Laura may be a bigger and better commando than any of us. ;) :teeth: :p I haven't even begun to think about how I'm getting from point A to point B yet. :eek: ::: panic overcomes me::: LOL ;) :p ;)

Sharing a cab is a great idea! :) Bussing to the MK and then boating to the HDD is a great idea too. :)

Oh thank you everyone for the responses... I forgot that MK has a MVMCP that evening and so will be open longer... that makes it MUCH easier. I detest trying to do the DD connection late at night going from resort to resort... but if the MK is open... and we can use the boats to buses option... then I am good to go! If all else fails I will take a cab with a few other folks. Fantasia Sam... my full name is:

Laura Lyon

No PM necessary... I am not really too shy about my name info. See... I am DoubleD here on the DIS... and in real life I am Double L! :)

I'll be at BWV with a car, if anyone would like a ride.

I am staying at OKW but willing to drive over and pick you up - don't know which vehicle I will have but willing to drive a few over - just let me know if I can be of any help!

DO NOT- I repeat - DO NOT try to get to the Hoop Dee Doo by going to DTD. We did that the first year. Had it not been for a very kind Transportation CM - we would have missed the dinner. :(

The best way to get there with Disney Transpo is to do like the others suggest - Go to MK from your Hotel and then take the boat over to FW. In my opinion, this is also better than drive a car. If you drive a car or rent a cab, you can only get as far as the main parking lot in of FW and still catch a bus that will take you to the back of the resort. The boat from MK drops you off right at Pioneer Hall.

We do have a car, but there are 6 of us going already. I think we will probably do the MK bus.

See you guys there.

I would offer to drive, but I really don't want my car stuck over at FW if the group decides to head somewhere afterwards. My philosophy is to use Disney transportation if you can make it work for you.

OK. I have to work Monday and Tuesday! (YUCK!) I will be coming from a meeting at the Hyatt near DTD. Wonder how this will work. (Me thinks there may wind up with a cab ride in all of this, oh well, I do get to expense it!)

Originally posted by Towncrier
I would offer to drive, but I really don't want my car stuck over at FW if the group decides to head somewhere afterwards. My philosophy is to use Disney transportation if you can make it work for you.

I agree with this, John...I'll have my car but will most likely opt to leave it and take Disney Transportation

Laura, there is a change fr us. We are at the BCV now. We still plan on using Disney Transportation. One thought DW and I had is we may go over to the monorail at EPCOT and use it to TTC and then the monorail to MK, then take the boat to FW. On the way back, I am thinking of going to WL by boat then check out the decorations, then boat to either the CR or MK. Then check outt the CR, then the Poly, then GF decorations. Then go to the MK and catch a bus back to the BCV. Just thinking out loud. See you in a couple of weeks. Yes we have onlt 17 days left.:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I was thinking of doing the WL and GF resort thing, too. Maybe see the electrical lake parade, maybe the MVMCP fireworks, and the bus from MK to the Dolphin.

Ray :)

I think I'll take John's advice and use Disney transportation instead of driving.

Well.. I DEFINITELY believe in using Disney transportation.. (hence no rental car! LOL!). Armed with the info that the MK is open late... I shall bus to there.. then take the boat. :)

The idea of boating to Epcot.. then taking the monorail to MK ... then boat to FW - is appealing too! Sometimes a slow boat to China is the best way to get somewhere (especially in WDW!). :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter