Work From Home

Momager

Mouseketeer
If you work from home, what do you do?

I do live chat for a local (soon to be national) company. I go in 1 day a week and hope to go in more soon to cover in-house positions. I have absolutely nothing bad to say about my job, and consider myself very lucky to have found it! Now I just need a raise.... 😜

I don't think my company would ever go for it just due to the cost. We have to physically get up from our desks to operate some computers in another room because the company won't pay for the software to remotely control it, so no way they're going to pay for the software to allow workers to log in from outside the buildings. And for security reasons, several systems I use are stand alone and not on the intranet or internet so that wouldn't work either..

My Wife started a business 16 years ago, before we met, making and selling herbal animal care products via internet. We operate it out of our home. USPS provides free boxes and picks up at our door every day.

I always hated going to work so I feel very lucky!

I do graphic design work for a Fortune 500 company. I have been doing this since 2012 and was hired as a remote employee. There has been a push (in the last 2 years or so) to return to "co-located teams" -- all new hires are office-based and anybody who lived within 50 miles of the office was required to move onsite. My team's official location is in a different state, so I'm a little concerned that they're going to say ALL of us have to relocate or quit (and I won't be relocating)... but I'll enjoy it while it lasts.

Been a work from home software developer for 2 years now. Back in 2008 there were 104 people working in my immediate group and we had locations in OH, NJ, and GA. Of the 104 there are only 3 left now. The 3 of us all work from home.

I work for a cell phone provider doing customer support. There are agents all across Canada that are work from home. I love it.

I work for a large national educational testing company scoring standardized tests. Its super part time (seasonal) , but pays well.

I have worked entirely from home in the past, in my most recent job I was permitted to work hours over the standard work week at home. I am getting ready to start one that I can work entirely at home but am welcome to go into the office. I will likely go in 3-4 days a week at least during the relationship building stage.

Not anymore, but for 16 years I ran a licensed home day care. Suited me fine and was a great way to make a living while staying home with my own two children. They had built-in friends, I got all holidays off, no evenings or weekends. But the days were long and busy, it was difficult to take a sick day as subs were hard to come by, and it got monotonous after that many years of doing the same thing over and over again.

I WFH full time. I work for an agency as a PR consultant for colleges and universities. Our clients are across the US and I have to travel pretty often, but otherwise I WFH.

I’m a regular salaried employee who just happens to not go into an office. My boss is amazing. Though our general hours are 9-5, she allows us to be super flexible about scheduling doctors appointments midday, volunteering in kids’ classrooms, etc. The company also pays my cell bill and home internet. Salary is higher than what I’d be paid for a similar position in the nearest city.

It’s a dream. I’ve had WFH flexibility in my previous two jobs over the past 7 years (usually 2-3 days a week) and it’s become critically important to me. I can’t imagine giving it up!

My DD21 works from home doing graphic design for a start up marketing company. It's been a slow start, very part time since beginning in July but I think it's going to be worth the wait for her as it ramps up. Starting in a week she can go into the office when she wants, but since it's 21 miles away, I'm happy she will have the remote option especially in winter.

My company gives pretty much everyone the ability to work from home. I take advantage of that once a week or so.

This morning, I came in and there were only 2 other people here. The lights turned on for me on 1/2 of the floor. They turned off and back on when the next person arrived.

It's a wonderful perk in the winter when it snows.

I work for a global company in IT procurement.

I really need a work from home position. I live in an area where jobs are scarce and low paying. The closest major city is over 50 miles away. I have over 21 years administrative/ clerical experience. How do you find legit work from home positions?

I'm an account/project manager for a large company. I work from home 4 days a week, meet with my team at a local divisional office about 45 min away once a week.

Anything I need to do, or anyone I need to talk to or meet with, can be done via remote technology. We have various face-to-face meetings with clients and colleagues a few times a year where I have to drive or fly out to the meeting location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter