Wonder's Panama Canal Repo 2011 - AND WE'RE NOT BRINGING IT BACK!

As I read the title of this thread and started reading the thread- this is exactly what I was thinking.
ESPECIALLY if the new ship is going to be doing shorter 3/4nt cruises- since although we want to be on the new ship... I'm not willing to cruise those short cruises just to be on the new ship! So an alternative would be a longer cruise on "technically" a new ship for us- since we've never cruised on the Wonder!
We'll have to wait and see when it is and if we can afford to do the TA and then just a few months later the PC repo to take the Wonder on the repo. Depends on what it ends up $$.

Wow, I could have written this post almost verbatim! (except the TA part) We've always wanted to see what the Wonder was like, but we never wanted to waste our time doing a 3/4 nighter. We're definitely going to look hard at this. Our problem is that ds will be in college by then and it's a little harder to take 2 weeks off in college than it is in HS. But I can't imagine the rest of the family going and leaving him behind!!

I've always wanted to go back on the Wonder (did two four-nighters for our first two), but after doing a 7-nighter, then a 15-nighter, there was no way I could go back to 4 nights!

And I got the ok from DH last night:cool1:, as long as it's not during the HVAC busy season:sad1:. Hopefully those who speculated Feb-April are right!

Count us in!

Mommaluvsdis - Denise and Steve

and our friends pahrumpgirl - Carol and Doug

Our Dhs don't know about this (imaginary) cruise yet.....but they will! :boat:

It's nice to be around other people who are just as excited about an "imaginary cruise!" Everyone else either looks at me like I'm crazy or is so used to my Disney behavior that I don't get much of a reaction at all!

Question for you SEASONED cruisers. How do you make SURE you can book on opening day for reservations? Will we have some advanced warning on when that will be? Would we be better off having a TA book for us? THANKS! My DS & I are SOOOOOO on this cruise!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, there will be plenty of notice. Your best bet is to keep an eye on these boards. Also, you can make your own reservations or use a "Disney" TA such as the sponsors of these boards, Dreams Unlimited. As someone posted earlier, not every TA realizes the need for quick action on making the reservations on these "specialty" cruises.

We're already scheming on this being an adults only trip for DH & I, and DH's cousin and his wife. We've been traveling together for over 30 years. 14/15 days, now thats a relaxing vacation to look forward to.

I just need to get over the guilty feelings of leaving home grown children, grandson, nieces & nephew.

OMG ... you folks are a little CRAAZZY!! :crazy:

... but so am I - so i looks like I have found the right place!! :rotfl:

We have been on the last two WB repos and would love to be on this one :banana::banana: our crew will be DD18 (yikes!) DD17 (feelin' old here) and DS15 (oh my!) ... or maybe we will take this one on our own :idea:

A big shout out HI ALL to V & Bubba, Marilyn and all the other old and new WB repo friends out there :yay:

Hope it works that we can all be part of this WONDERful cruise :wizard:

Giving us a bounce back up from the bottom of page 2!!

DD and I watched DCL Travel Channel special last night (I keep it on my DVR). She's all excited to go on the Wonder now. :thumbsup2

I hope that DH and I will be joinging you all as well. Just depends on the timing.

Hello Denise and Carol!

Hi Gail!

I hope you and David can join us! WooHoo! I think of you all the time because the parrot you put on our stateroom door is on my refrigerator!!

I really regretted not going on the last repo...even had a stateroom and everything.

Hi we are definitely on this Cruise we missed out on the east bound one and really hope to join this time. does anyone have any ideas as to when Disney may release the dates and open it for reservations.

Two here ready and waiting!!!:banana:

Hey table mates, wouldn't it be exciting if we could do it all over again.

My husband and I were on last year's WB Repo and it was fantastic. We would love to be able to say we did it again on the Wonder! :goodvibes

We were also on the WB PC cruise last year and it was awesome. Would love to do it again.:love::love:

Oh heck yeah!:woohoo: We were on the WB08 and it was amazing! This gives me that hopeful, looking-forward feeling that waiting for the last one gave me! Now to convince DH he *can* take two weeks off from work again!:rolleyes:

Can't believe how many 2008 WB PC travelers might be on this one too. Wouldn't it be fun to have a reunion cruise.

I hope they change Acapulco for somewhere else as not many people really enjoyed that stop last May.

I wouldn't mind skipping ACA but since we did zip lining in PV and the dolphin swim in CSL I would like to take city tours there.

wow are you ready for it?:thumbsup2

We were on WB last year and it was awesome...

Scottishwee35

Hi Marilyn, Bubba and I are seriously thinking about doing it again.

I second this. I would just stay on the ship

We also got a portion of our excursion refunded as the tour co held us semi hostage in a store at the cliff divers. Not fun.

Hello to more fellow WB PC 2008 friends.

As I read the title of this thread and started reading the thread- this is exactly what I was thinking.
ESPECIALLY if the new ship is going to be doing shorter 3/4nt cruises- since although we want to be on the new ship... I'm not willing to cruise those short cruises just to be on the new ship! So an alternative would be a longer cruise on "technically" a new ship for us- since we've never cruised on the Wonder!
We'll have to wait and see when it is and if we can afford to do the TA and then just a few months later the PC repo to take the Wonder on the repo. Depends on what it ends up $$.

We did the 11 night So Caribbean on the Wonder but would love to see it since it was in dry dock.

Count us in!

Mommaluvsdis - Denise and Steve

and our friends pahrumpgirl - Carol and Doug

See, I actually got on. DH does know now. I think he is for it but can't believe we have already started a thread for it.

OMG ... you folks are a little CRAAZZY!! :crazy:

... but so am I - so i looks like I have found the right place!! :rotfl:

We have been on the last two WB repos and would love to be on this one :banana::banana: our crew will be DD18 (yikes!) DD17 (feelin' old here) and DS15 (oh my!) ... or maybe we will take this one on our own :idea:

A big shout out HI ALL to V & Bubba, Marilyn and all the other old and new WB repo friends out there :yay:

Hope it works that we can all be part of this WONDERful cruise :wizard:

I hope that DH and I will be joinging you all as well. Just depends on the timing.

Hello Denise and Carol!

Again, hi to all DCL friends old and new.

Hi all, hope to be on this cruise.....

See alot of faces we have met before.... :dance3:

so would we.....but pending the exact dates.

....does anyone have any closer dates? [ feb.~april ] ,

* if its feb., then we wouldn't be able. :sad1:

we did the eb & the wonder 's 11 nighter. , both left us in

"awe"..& special memories. pixiedust:

wonder..if "booking ~ day"...will be anything like the crazy east-
bound pc ? :rolleyes1

Hi all, hope to be on this cruise.....

See alot of faces we have met before.... :dance3:

Hi Peter and Jenn,

It would be great to cruise with you again so I hope we can all make it.

Lil' Grumpy,

I know on the boards some people are throwing around Feb as the possible sail month but I don't think anyone knows for certain yet. Here's hoping it works out for you!:banana:

I hope they change Acapulco for somewhere else as not many people really enjoyed that stop last May.

I totally agree -- we hated Acapulco. Visiting the Fort was a great experience, but the town was filthy and the ridiculous feud between the cliffdivers and the restaurant owners put a kabash on that experience! We missed Cabo due to a hurricane, so it would be fun to finally see that port.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter