Wonder's Panama Canal Repo 2011 - AND WE'RE NOT BRINGING IT BACK!

Eeyore'sthebest

DIS Veteran<br><font color=darkorchid>Not So Tagle
Okay, I know I know. It's a little early but I'm excited. :banana: We missed out on the last one as we hadn't even thought about cruising when those cruises were announced. But we definitely want to be on the Wonder when it heads out to LA. :cool1:

So who's in with us? :thumbsup2

It's going to be DH, me, DD (11 at the time of sailing) and my parents. I told my mom I really wanted them on the boat and that I would pay if they couldn't afford it. So I asked her to start thinking about the type of stateroom she needed. Her response "Honey if you're paying I need a verandah!" :lmao: Gotta love mom!!! :rotfl2:

Next to being in a CAT 1 suite; a Panama Canal cruise is one of my top DCL priorities

Count us in! I would love love love to be on this cruise. it will me me my DH and DD who will be 8. This is of course assuming our first cruise in September goes well lol. A Panama cruise is my secret dream.

Ginger

Oh I kill two birds with one stone! I have always wanted to see the west coast and was actually planning a trip for there... and I always wanted to go through the canal.. How cool will that be.. hmm

Ok I am in for sure.. now its time to convince DH..:lovestruc

I am spoiled so he will probably gives in, lol

Depending on what time of the year it sails, we'll be on it! My husband and I went on it last year and it was awesome. My DD graduates in 2011 so if it sails in the summer we'll be there, but I am hearing it maybe anywhere from Jan-Apr that it will sail.

I would definitely book into that cruise! We did the Repo in 2005 from LA to Orlando. LOVED that trip -- and REALLY loved Disneyland. That would be awesome to be on the ship when they permanently move her to LA. Fingers crossed that the dates are after my daughter's college classes end .

Oh, but we also want to be on the "inaugural" sailings of the new ship that year. Ahhh, too many choices and not enough time or money :laughing:

Count me in as someone who would love to be on a PC cruise! My MIL is from Panama, and my DH was born in the Panama Canal Zone, so we've been wanting to do a cruise through there, but have missed out on the other PC cruises to date.

And am I right that this would be the Wonder's first trip through the canal? So it a way it's doing something new that hasn't been done before!

That is right, it will be her first trip through the PC. :) I would like to take at least one cruise on the Wonder and a 14/15 day would be long enough to make that worth our while. ;)

Dates & Prices will probably decide it for us. But, I would LOVE to do it! Did anybody start a Cruise Meets thread yet? Or is this it?

This may be the cruise meet thread. :confused3 Sorry, I didn't check first. I'm just too excited. :banana:

As long as the cruise doesn't fall during dance recital time in June then we'll be trying our hardest to get on!! :thumbsup2

My husband and I were on last year's WB Repo and it was fantastic. We would love to be able to say we did it again on the Wonder! :goodvibes

We are also eagerly awaiting the Wonder PC Repo.

Told my kids they better find a way to earn some $$:rotfl2::rotfl2:

-K

I would love to be on this repo - always wanted to do the PC. Will have to wait and see how things play out though since I'm on the WB TA in SEP2010. Hopefully the budget will stretch!!!

It all depends on the price and the schedule. Unfortunately I had to cancel next year's transatlantic repo. To make matters worse, when payment was due I could have booked a veranda stateroom for last year's eastbound PC repo but I felt obligated to visit my mother.

If I can afford it (odds are good) and if the schedule works (we'll see) then I will be joining you all on the cruise. One thing is for sure - the minute reservations open I will be booking mine, then I will spend whatever time necessary trying to convince my wife to go :)

I have moved this thread to the meets thread since it really does qualify as a trip planning thread. I believe this one sets the record for the earliest meet thread started before the official cruise was announced though. We only have another 7 months before we know the official date though. :)

Guessing that DCL wouldn't stray far from the past itinerary, this is from an earlier repo.

Saturday - Depart
Sunday - Castaway Cay
Monday - Day at sea
Tuesday - Day at Sea
Wednesday - Curacao
Thursday - Day at Sea
Friday - Panama Canal
Saturday - Day at Sea
Sunday - Day at Sea
Monday - Acapulco
Tuesday - Day at Sea
Wednesday - Mazatlan
Thursday - Cabo San Lucas
Friday - Day at Sea
Saturday - Arrive at LA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter