Wk of Dec 17--WISH Walking/Running Club

Kristi1357 said:
Every year it's Christmas in a different country. Which means, the food will be gross & everyone will hit a McD's on the way home! :rotfl: This year it's Christmas in America in the 1800s or something. I guess they are running out of countries! Should be interesting anyway...
Kristi- This totally cracked me up. Enjoy your McDonald's.
Kristi1357 said:
BUT, I only tell you all this to justify slacking off today. :blush: I am exhausted as usual, so I am going to nap now. I have been dragging so much lately, my doctor is even checking my thyroid again to see if it's off again.
Thanks, you reminded me that my doctor wanted me to get my thyroid checked again this month. I should go do that.

Christa- Good for you getting your last LR in. I'm impressed with your running in those conditions. Sounds pretty miserable.

I just got back from a 30 min SWOG over lunch. It was pretty tough to get it in. My cold is sapping my energy, and I really wasn't too into exercising. I got it done though.

Did a 3 miler on the TM. Boy is sick again. I'm not sure what is wrong. He doesn't usually get sick for this long. Anyway, he is convinced that a S'more will make him feel better. I'm not sure I can argue w/ him on that. It usually makes me feel better.

Kristi - I always enjoy an excuse to eat a McDonald's! I'm also pretty serious about my holiday food, so i would be really sad about Christmas around the world!

Sunny - hope to hear from you w/ an update b/4 the boards go down. Otherwise we will all be worrying!!!!

I hate to say it but I am on a 6 week taper! My training was going extremely well and then I ended up with severe knee pain. I didn't actually have it diagnosised, but I think it's just patellar tendonitis. I've been icing and taking ibuprofen ATC. I also had a pair of orthotics made for my shoes at a place that specializes in making orthotics for olympic ski racers. During the first 3 weeks down I ran one 6 miler each week, but then the pain put me out. Now I haven't done anything, not even cross training in 2.5 weeks.

Any advice out there from the veterans? This will be my first marathon, and I will finish it. I was hoping to finish in under 4:30, close to 4:00. So should I try to get on a TM and do some short runs at the risk of making the knee worse or let it rest?

I am really excited for the race and have actually missed running.

Good afternoon everyone!

No running this week. Still battling chest congestion and an intermittent cough. Finally got the doc to spring for some antibiotics. I hope they help.

Will attempt to run my 10 miler on Sunday, or at least go as far as I can. We'll see how it goes.

So, Happy Birthday, Happy Anniversary, and Merry Christmas!!!

We'll see you on the flip side. :smooth:

:cool1:

Kristi - I will watch for you at the kids races. I will have a 3 year old girl and 6 year old girl. My three year old may not run by herself, so I might be running with her. My 6 year old is super pumped up about racing. I told her that I had to write her teacher a note to tell her that she would be out of school during my race, she then piped in and said... No mommy it's my race too!

Mark - I guess my guy won't be running the 1/2 if there is non next year. I wonder if he knows that???

We had our work lunch and I ate too much.... Good thing I have no plans for dinner!!!!

sonya - I would say stay off the injury and forgo the running. If you could find some cross training that didn't aggravate that would be best. Hope you heal quickly.

MelRhoads said:
Anyway, he is convinced that a S'more will make him feel better. I'm not sure I can argue w/ him on that. It usually makes me feel better.
:goodvibes I totally agree!!!

Sunny - :wizard: :wizard:

Sonnya - Not a vet enough to help, but :wizard: :wizard:

To all sick and injuered - :wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

I just wanted to WISH my team mates a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I hope everyone finds love and strength in spending time with their families, and however you celebrate this season be happy, safe, and healthy.

You guys have all been such an inspiration for me this year, and I am truly lucky to have found this team. Thanks for helping and allowing me to take part in this wonderful journey. I am very lucky to have found such a supportive group.

The luncheon went off without a hitch. :teeth: How can you go wrong with lasagna, though, right? Someone made a pineapple& crouton dish and someone else made a salad and there was delicious crab dip. How in the world am I going to eat dinner? ;)
If I don't get back here before the boards go down, Merry Christmas, everyone! I hope Santa is good to you! :goodvibes: Unfortunately, Santa can't bring what I want. I have to go get it myself. The day after Little Christmas, as a matter of fact. ::MickeyMo
hoping to go home soon for a nap before dinner since my migraine is unbearable again. Talk to you all soon! :grouphug:

Hi All,

Haven’t been on here in weeks. RL & holiday stuff has just gotten in the way. Anyway…I finally got caught up in RL so that I have time to catch up with my WISH Team only to find out the boards are going down. :sad2: :scared1: I still have a lot of reading to catch up on what’s been happening around here, but since that will take me a while, I wanted to make sure to get a quick post in before it was too late.

Training hasn’t been going as well as I would like, mostly due to lack of time. But, I have been getting as many steps in as I can.

Cam & Howard – HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :love:

Dave, AmyBeth, & Jodi – HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :bday:

Judy – I am so very HAPPY for both you & Mist! :cool1: I teared up when I read your news.

To all those who are sick or with injuries – pixiedust:

To all - A VERY SAFE AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!! :santa:

Merry Christmas! I can't wait to reconnect to everyone as the Holiday weekend progresses! Enjoy your time.

Wow I just got on! Merry Christmas everyone!

Mel-- Feel free to use the clippies. Sounds like a great idea.

As of today, I still can barely move. My lungs aren't bouncing back, they burn if I try to move.:confused: I know the full is a total long shot, but now I'm not sure I'll be up to the half, either. I know I'm totally trained for the half, but it's two weeks away and today I couldn't do a mile. This just isn't fair:mad:

Sunny

The board is back :thumbsup2

Oh Sunny I'm sooo sorry to hear that your still having health problems :grouphug: WISHing a quick recovery :wizard:

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

Sunny - Oh, no! Sending you :wizard: :wizard: :wizard: for you to get better. Please don't give up. :hug:

:santa: Merry Christmas!!!:santa:

Peace and glad tidings to you and yours.

See you all in less than two weeks.:cheer2:

Teri

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter