Within 24 hours I left my job, my boyfriend, and life behind to go work for Walt Disney World!

Love this! So glad you stuck it out through the car trouble and made it to Orlando.

God bless the family you are living with for doing so much to help you and God bless you for helping them the way that you have.

Enjoy your time at Disney and I can't wait to read more of your adventures. Will you happen to be there in late September?

Hey Howdy Hey !
Thanks to everyone who has joined in, and everyone who's been with me on this journey! It has been an absolute pleasure meeting all of you who have come up to me on Main Street! I can't wait to meet the rest of you. To answer everyone's question YES I will be there after the summer! I wasn't sure of this answer either until recently! I am guaranteed more hours in the summer because they need me more, but I will still be around afterwards! Hopefully I will be able to pick up shifts, or get the part time position I applied for! But I will be there, and if you want you can send me a message and we can figure out if your schedule and mine work out so I can make some magic for you!! Work has been BEAUTIFUL. Even the "Bad days" are still good. I have come to the realization that morning shifts are not for me! I have been trading people for PM shifts! It's hard for me to make magic when I wake up early and then am out melting in the sun! However, at night time I get to jump around and be my hyper self and make magic! I often get to watch Wishes when I work nights, and it NEVER gets old. Sometimes I get my break right around 10PM and I still decide to stand outside so I can watch Wishes. I get emotional EVERY time. I'm such a Disney nerd. Here is me in my costume from this week when I got to fly around with Tinkerbell and help spread the pixie dust!
kcEevqt.jpg

Working 5PM-2AM has made me have a very interesting sleep schedule though. For example its 7PM and I just woke up! Opps.... I also tend to be sleeping at the LEAST 8 hours!!! It's ridiculous but at least I've been wide awake at work! It's so different from the College Program where I would go out all night and have to be at work at 7AM! I feel like an old lady now hahaha. I FINALLY went into Magic Kingdom to play, which I haven't done since I started working there. I couldn't fall asleep the night before, so I decided to pull an all nighter and go to MK for park opening on my day off. It was nice when the hardest choice I had to make that day was whether I should take the Ferry or Monorail... I really do feel like my life has been once big vacation since I've gotten down here! (Well okay, maybe since AFTER the car disaster was over haha) When vacationing I never hit park opening, but I always close it till 3am if possible! I was so surprised to see how empty the park looks in the AM! Here are some panoramas I took on my phone, some are even AFTER the park was open for over an hour!!
tUZhwKP.jpg

And here is a photo I took and added some magic into with a cheesy App on my phone of me and my mansion!
nxETVhN.jpg

I hope you all had a lovely 4th of July! What is your favorite thing to do in WDW on the 4th? I worked until 4AM the night of the 3rd, but I was off for the 4th! I slept in too late to make plans with anyone, so I went over to the Swan&Dolphin by myself! I paid $8 for a small milkshake and got some dirty looks by some "yuppity" people after their children commented on liking my hair. Opps.. haha. I stood on the bridge and I got to watch Epcot AND Stuido's 4th fireworks! It was great!
sPgVPGI.jpg

Well Its now almost 8PM and I need a coffee to wake up! (Shhhhh, DON'T JUDGE ME hahaha) Are there any things you guys would like to see? Anything you want me to do and take pictures, to get your Disney fix, or maybe any ideas of things for me to do in Orlando?! Let me know!! Thanks again for following along!

Last edited:
I'm loving you report, thanks for posting! If you are still on the hunt for good coffee, have you found Barnie's yet? I's our favorite whenever we are there and I order 'Santa's White Christmas' for my husband every year.

"To live would be an awfully big adventure..."

This story is every ones dream. The people who disagree are either lying or are very very sad.

Who wouldn't want to be in your shoes living their dreams??

I would have loved to do this and maybe when my kid goes to college I can be the irresponsible adult who does it ;)

If only I had/have your courage.

We only truly get one life no matter how cheesy that sounds and sweetie you are doing it right.

Definitely following along to "live" vicariously through you!!

So I just procrastinated and read your entire thread in one sitting! I know o_O right?! I just had to jump on to say good for you - following your dreams. Most of us live a cautious life and wouldn't take the risks you did but you did and its working out for you. I think as long as you are not asking others to co-sign and fund your choices then go for it! You are a young person living a young person's life - I love being able to share in your story. I hope to see you in November! I am from MA originally - grew up in Worcester and got my BA from Framingham State - Go BoSoxs!

I've been lurking here since you first started posting and am so glad to be a member now and be able to tell you how thrilled I am for you that you got to Orlando and everything seems to be working out now. I am kind of mad at myself though because I was down on an impromptu trip last month and saw you in the MK but couldn't place where I knew you from so I didn't get the chance to come up and say hi! :(

Please keep updating us and I'm sending pixie dust your way! pixiedust:

I've been following along for some time; so happy things are working out for you! I'll continue to send pixie dust your way pixiedust::flower1:

I just found your TR; it’s lovely to read about someone taking a leap of faith to follow their dream, and even though you’ve had some problems you’re sticking to it. I’m hoping my next trip will be in September and I’ll look out for you, I love Disney at night time pixiedust:

Living vicariously through you. I've spent more days than I can count going on Disney careers and daydreaming about doing the same thing

If the car disaster didn't happen I don't think you will be as happy to be where you are now. It would have been to easy and not everything is easy in life. To look bag and say, ''I went through that and I'm here now." must feel so good. I hope you enjoyed your coffee. :D

Loved reading your report so far! I read it all in one sitting. :yay: We will be there in 6 weeks and I will definitely be looking for you to take pics for me and my hubby. Enjoy those late night shifts. That's my favorite time to be in the parks!

Your thread has made the top 10 on the DIS Unplugged. I was soooo excited when they talked about it briefly on the show!!!!

I'm so happy everything is working out for you! My husband and I will be down in less than 3 weeks, I'll keep an eye out for you!!

What an incredible life report! YOU ARE SO BRAVE, please don't let anyone tell you otherwise! YOU ARE SO LUCKY to be able to follow your dreams and to have people there helping and supporting those dreams. Yes, everyone has their own opinions on things but I can totally grasp the comparison to the following you dreams with a suitcase and a few bucks in your pocket. As the saying goes "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" you luv must be the strongest person around after all your adventures! Being in my 40's I have such envy and respect for your strength and conviction in following your dream!! I look forward to looking for you at the end of next month when we go on our trip! Keep making magic, enjoying your new adventure, and relishing in your power to have the grace and fortitude to do so! All I can say is WELL bloody DONE!! (and maybe bullocks to the naysayers;))

Love reading about your magical journey! Hope to find you when we visit in November!

Glad to see all is going well. I have been following along since the beginning! !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter