Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

By May, vaccines will be readily available. I don’t think you’re going to be running socially distanced. You may be asked to submit a POV or sign a waiver stating you’re vaccinated. Consider that, since the beginning of the year, 14% of the population had been fully vaccinated and that curve is ramping up. It’s very likely that, by late summer, we should have anywhere from 60% to 70% of the population vaccinated. (Remember the curve ramps even faster with the introduction of the single dose vaccines.) And it’s looking very promising for immunization of children and infants.
I hope 70% of the population is willing to take it, I’m starting to have my doubts...got my first shot of Pfizer today though. I think the realism that needs to set in is that the parks division doesn’t care about the races. They ended Disneyland with no sign of returning even after the construction for that hotel was scrapped. I’m sure they don’t think it’s worth the hassle while people are willing to shell out money to get sent a medal in the mail for the same price or close to it. If the lines in the park are still socially distant, harder to have people running through when open too which some are for thr half’s and full. I hope I’m wrong, we just had a race here with no incident at all and was well run. It’s not that hard. It’s more about the crowd in the park and whether it’s worth the hassle when demand won’t be an issue for quite some time.

By May, vaccines will be readily available. I don’t think you’re going to be running socially distanced. You may be asked to submit a POV or sign a waiver stating you’re vaccinated. Consider that, since the beginning of the year, 14% of the population had been fully vaccinated and that curve is ramping up. It’s very likely that, by late summer, we should have anywhere from 60% to 70% of the population vaccinated. (Remember the curve ramps even faster with the introduction of the single dose vaccines.) And it’s looking very promising for immunization of children and infants.

I'm of the opinion W&D won't happen in-person but not because they can't. It looks like disney is targeting a lot of things to restart on oct 1. we know the 50th starts then and we know rat open then and I'm seen rumors that may be harmonious dates and maybe others. If that is when the parks really get back to normal disney is going to be heavily booked from oct 1 through at least end of the year and if the parks are still trying to get back into more of a normal setup I don't see them wanting to add a big event in November. I think their focus will be on tryiing to get more normal operations back to normal. If some of the return of fireworks, M&G, no masks, no social distancing stuff happens earlier then oct 1 then that increases the changes of W&D half. If Oct 1 is around when all that changes, I don't see a big event like W&D half happening in november. Just won't be a priority (and won't be a need to get more people to WDW which in the end is why rundisney exists).

If W&D is happening for both planning (rundisney and runners) and training purposes I think 6 months out is about the latest you can open registration which is May which means we'd need an announcement soon for time-wise it to be possible.

I'm still hoping for some RD announcement somebody around or after star wars weekend where hopefully they will lay out the plans for the next year.

I may try to get in for the 10K as right now I’m off on 7/13 however with no AP pre-sale and slim pickings for on property resorts i May cut my losses do a local 10k that Saturday than book the parks for Saturday and/or just Sunday with an off site stay and aim for spring surprise

I have a reservation at Pop for that weekend but am still totally shocked! Totally stressed about getting a bib though.

I was really expecting it to be virtual. We've got BCV reservations that weekend but were thinking it might just be a weekend to go to the parks.

book standard view at AKL as it was the “cheapest” availability an hour ago….. fingers crossed if we end up attempting/acquiring bibs for the 10k that Sports/Movies/French Quarter opens between now and November as I’m sure they will be reasonably less than $569 a night lol

I’m just hoping that Marriott brings back daily housekeeping to the Swan by then 😀

book standard view at AKL as it was the “cheapest” availability an hour ago….. fingers crossed if we end up attempting/acquiring bibs for the 10k that Sports/Movies/French Quarter opens between now and November as I’m sure they will be reasonably less than $569 a night lol
I saw it for less on Priceline this morning. I think it was $471 (or somewhere around there).

I just did a studio search for this weekend and MW and not a single one showed as available. First thing I got to showing as available was a Saratoga 1BR Preferred. Surprised for January, especially.

I saw it for less on Priceline this morning. I think it was $471 (or somewhere around there).
Reshopping for deals or sucking it up and going off site is a future problem lol
I just did a studio search for this weekend and MW and not a single one showed as available. First thing I got to showing as available was a Saratoga 1BR Preferred. Surprised for January, especially.
January for us had movies and mermaid rooms at AOA chose the latter as skyliner is a game changer

normally do movies or pop race weekends

I really want to do the W&D half. Everything is so expensive right now though, I don't know that I can justify it. I guess I have until the 13th to make a decision.
I have two DVC waitlists just in case though.

I really want to do the W&D half. Everything is so expensive right now though, I don't know that I can justify it. I guess I have until the 13th to make a decision.
I have two DVC waitlists just in case though.

I totally agree with you. I have never done wine an dine and this year looks really fun but I also want to do all the weekends. :confused3My money tree needs to grow lol

Question for others who have done Wine and Dine....is the course (granted I know courses change and there are NO guarantees) different compared to marathon weekend and princess weekend? Is the wine and dine half a different course compared to the other weekends? Past course maps show it going thru animal kingdom and also Hollywood studios. I would love to do that!

We've been booked for 11/5-14 since December of last year. How nice of them to schedule for that first weekend! I've done the Super Hero 5K and the Tink Half both at Disneyland, so I'm planning on doing the W&D 10K.

I totally agree with you. I have never done wine an dine and this year looks really fun but I also want to do all the weekends. :confused3My money tree needs to grow lol

Question for others who have done Wine and Dine....is the course (granted I know courses change and there are NO guarantees) different compared to marathon weekend and princess weekend? Is the wine and dine half a different course compared to the other weekends? Past course maps show it going thru animal kingdom and also Hollywood studios. I would love to do that!
In the past, W&D and Star Wars shared the same course then Marathon Weekend and Princess shared the same course. No MK for the half with W&D/SW.

Will the virtual races have a different medal design than the in person races? I also wish there was a cheaper option that just included the medal, not a shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter