Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

I may be in the minority here but I am disappointed that the weekend falls right after Halloween. My kids are still at an age where celebrating Halloween at school and with their friends is really important, so if we decide to go we won't be able to participate in the 5K (we would leave on the morning of the 1st) which I would have loved to do with my kids...

Oh well, maybe we will have to turn this weekend into an adults only trip then ;)

So…. Was not planning on W&D in 2024 but this weekend was such a blast that we’re already talking about possibly doing W&D next year with some family members actually thinking of taking up running to join in on the fun. Luckily I still have a couple of months to make up my mind!

I’m grabbing days as the walkers walk past them for either a standard or boardwalk view 2 bedroom at BWV.
Love standard view at BW. We took a 1 BR at Kadani and waitlisted a value at Jambo that is being walked now, hopefully one opens up. Funny how you can watch people walk the reservations

Love standard view at BW. We took a 1 BR at Kadani and waitlisted a value at Jambo that is being walked now, hopefully one opens up. Funny how you can watch people walk the reservations
If you have extra points, I'd recommend picking up the nights as they're dropped. I find the waitlists aren't generally successful for those high demand rooms.

If you have extra points, I'd recommend picking up the nights as they're dropped. I find the waitlists aren't generally successful for those high demand rooms.
is it difficult to get rooms for this event? should we make reservations now or can we wait a while?

is it difficult to get rooms for this event? should we make reservations now or can we wait a while?
It’s generally not too hard. The person you quoted was talking about DVC reservations, which can be high demand, but normal resort rooms shouldn’t be a problem.

That being said, if you‘re planning to do this weekend, like the comfort of knowing your hotel room is locked in, and have the wherewithal to tie up money for the deposit, there’s no reason you can’t book your room now and cancel it later if plans change.

It’s generally not too hard. The person you quoted was talking about DVC reservations, which can be high demand, but normal resort rooms shouldn’t be a problem.

That being said, if you‘re planning to do this weekend, like the comfort of knowing your hotel room is locked in, and have the wherewithal to tie up money for the deposit, there’s no reason you can’t book your room now and cancel it later if plans change.
that's great, thank you! i think i should get something now. are there any resorts preferred for the marathons?

Normally we will book a room after registration for the races though I will say in 2021 when registration was super late the only rooms open were way out of our price range though as they opened up more resorts slowly we were able to switch

i think i will book soone
Normally we will book a room after registration for the races though I will say in 2021 when registration was super late the only rooms open were way out of our price range though as they opened up more resorts slowly

Normally we will book a room after registration for the races though I will say in 2021 when registration was super late the only rooms open were way out of our price range though as they opened up more resorts slowly we were able to switch
thank you for the info. i think that i will book sooner rather than later just to be safe.

Booked a studio at AKL - still on the fence about doing this race but 1) I have the DVC points right now and 2) I have an annual pass this year and 3) I had major FOMO missing this year's race with that Figment medal! (I know the themes will be different this year and if I'm not feeling it I will cancel).

Booked a studio at AKL - still on the fence about doing this race but 1) I have the DVC points right now and 2) I have an annual pass this year and 3) I had major FOMO missing this year's race with that Figment medal! (I know the themes will be different this year and if I'm not feeling it I will cancel).
This is exactly where we are as well. Have the room booked, not sure if we’re doing the weekend. Have learned it’s better to have something lined up just in case.

I’m not DVC so should be okay waiting closer to registration time in March to book a room at pop… now to wait for themes

Hello everyone, I'm looking to do this event next year and was hoping to get a few tips and suggestions on where to stay as this will be my first time. This won't be my first time to WDW as our family goes at least once a year.

Questions:
What dates are the actual race days? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Is flying in on Oct 31 ok, or do I need to arrive a day before?
Where is the best place to stay? I was planning on Pop Century just because it's more budget friendly, but open to suggestions.
Do you have to be extremely quick to book the package that allows participation in each race?

Thanks!

Hello everyone, I'm looking to do this event next year and was hoping to get a few tips and suggestions on where to stay as this will be my first time. This won't be my first time to WDW as our family goes at least once a year.

Questions:
What dates are the actual race days? Is it Friday, Saturday and Sunday?
Is flying in on Oct 31 ok, or do I need to arrive a day before?
Where is the best place to stay? I was planning on Pop Century just because it's more budget friendly, but open to suggestions.
Do you have to be extremely quick to book the package that allows participation in each race?

Thanks!
The races will be 5K on Friday, 10K on Saturday, and Half on Sunday. If you’re doing all 3 races, you will need to arrive early enough on Thursday to go to the expo to pick up your bib for the 5K.

I don’t have enough trust in the airlines to arrive on expo day, so I always fly in the day before, but it can be done.

Pop is a good choice for race weekends. You might want to think about springing for a preferred room just to be a little closer to transportation. A quarter to a third of a mile from the bus to the room doesn’t seem like much, until you’ve already run 13+ miles that morning and you’re dead on your feet.

There is no package that gets you into all 3 races for Wine & Dine, that’s only for Dopey on Marathon Weekend and the Challenge on Springtime Surprise. The challenge in Wine & Dine has the 10K and the Half, you have to register for the 5K separately. It will sell out quickly, so you will need to be ready a little before 10am eastern on registration day (March 12, 2024)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter