Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2023 (Nov. 2-5, 2023)

Does anyone know if the Two-course Challenge has sold out? I'm wondering if that is why both may and my friend's payments were rejected...

All one form of payment? There is a IT glitch sometimes that gets you stuck in an endless loop of failing to register. Might be a good idea to get a 3rd registration started going if you haven't gotten a confirmation screen yet.

Ok, so I got two challenges, but I didn't notice that autofill changed my daughter's name to mine. Please tell me RunDisney will fix that.
Seems like this has been an issue before and they were able to fix it. I'd email them immediately, and then call after the dust settles.

One thing I would like to better understand about the link sharing, is when it is "safe" for the original user to close the link. Should they close the link first, then send the copy of the queue ID link? Or should they send the link, then close it before the countdown ends but after the link recipient has opened it on their end?

I have sent multiple successful links but I am always nervous to close the original link until I know the recipient has opened it (and both of us see the countdown). But perhaps it's fine to close the original link before sending it...would love to know if anyone else has done this and can confirm either/both methods work.
I dont think it matters. I closed mine right after I sent the link, but even now, if I click on register now on that same browser, it takes me to the registration page. I'd just make sure not to actually use the link you shared.

One thing I would like to better understand about the link sharing, is when it is "safe" for the original user to close the link. Should they close the link first, then send the copy of the queue ID link? Or should they send the link, then close it before the countdown ends but after the link recipient has opened it on their end?

I have sent multiple successful links but I am always nervous to close the original link until I know the recipient has opened it (and both of us see the countdown). But perhaps it's fine to close the original link before sending it...would love to know if anyone else has done this and can confirm either/both methods work.
When I share a link I close the browser when it gets down to "its your turn" and I don't click to enter the site. Hopefuly that let's the other person in....

All one form of payment? There is a IT glitch sometimes that gets you stuck in an endless loop of failing to register. Might be a good idea to get a 3rd registration started going if you haven't gotten a confirmation screen yet.
UGH! Thanks for your reply. I'm currently in another queue...

when I click "register now" currently it's still saying "more than an hour"

this is worth checking sometimes if you've been waiting for awhile and have a spare browser.

I clicked in with 6 windows right away when ONLY the 5k was open, all were over an hour but one, and 3 of them are STILL over an hour.

Quick question - Is it because it's such a large purchase?

Quick question - Is it because it's such a large purchase?

I guess it could be a credit card thing, but I don't know for sure. I do know that there is an IT glitch unrelated to the large purchase that happens to people from time to time. It is odd for two different people to have it happen to them that are trying to do the same registrations.

That happened to me/DH last year and I was able to get it fixed after a phone call.
I thought I had read about someone doing that before. I just called but had to leave a message, so hopefully someone will call back.

Thanks for the info!

Strange that an hour in nothing is sold out but everyone had the "more than an hour" initial waits. Wonder if rD is doing something different or the average browsers per person is now in double digits :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter