Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

no, you need to put your home adress in the UK

MBs don't ship outside of the USA anyway.
Putting a US adress might only cause issues if Disney doesn't "notice" that it's shipped on property. (I suppose Disney will make things right, but knowing disney for its glitches, shipping to the hotel could be the best way to end up with a plain gray, uncustomised MB)

Foreign guests like us pick up their MBs at the hotel, so they're already "shipped" to the hotel, no matter what adress you imput.

Also guest can customise their MBs up to 30 days prior to check in. I hope you still can, but you have less than 2 weeks until check in. There is a fair possibility that you won't be allowed to.

According to information I have read you can customise up to 6 days before check in if they are being collected from the hotel (which of course all of ours will be - there are other deadlines for having them shipped to you) :thumbsup2

no, you need to put your home adress in the UK

MBs don't ship outside of the USA anyway.
Putting a US adress might only cause issues if Disney doesn't "notice" that it's shipped on property. (I suppose Disney will make things right, but knowing disney for its glitches, shipping to the hotel could be the best way to end up with a plain gray, uncustomised MB)

Foreign guests like us pick up their MBs at the hotel, so they're already "shipped" to the hotel, no matter what adress you imput.

Also guest can customise their MBs up to 30 days prior to check in. I hope you still can, but you have less than 2 weeks until check in. There is a fair possibility that you won't be allowed to.

When I called about my FP+ issue the CM changed my home address to c/o the Yacht Club resort and put their address in - she said we could end up with the gray otherwise...

According to information I have read you can customise up to 6 days before check in if they are being collected from the hotel (which of course all of ours will be - there are other deadlines for having them shipped to you) :thumbsup2

My customisation date expires in a couple of days, but we don't check in until 30th Sep...

Edit: In fact, I've just checked, it's exactly a month out, I have to customise by 30th Aug.

I still can't do FP+ (checking in on 30th Sep) - I've been told this is because Virgin Holidays haven't loaded our tickets through the system yet, so whilst my resort ressie and package is evident, the park tickets aren't.

I've been told two different things as to when the tickets will be automatically loaded - firstly only 48 hours before check in, secondly 3-4 weeks before check in.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

Still wondering if others have had this same experience?

I don't want to find all the FP+s have gone because I waited longer than I should have to try and sort this out. Plus I'm impatient! :rotfl:

My customisation date expires in a couple of days, but we don't check in until 30th Sep...

Edit: In fact, I've just checked, it's exactly a month out, I have to customise by 30th Aug.

Thats changed then from the earlier information released - oh well typical Disney ;)

Still wondering if others have had this same experience?

I don't want to find all the FP+s have gone because I waited longer than I should have to try and sort this out. Plus I'm impatient! :rotfl:

You should be fine. We are here now and I have swapped and changed and added bits as we have gone along with no problem. You have pretty much free reign until on the day with plenty of availability. Its also useful to know that after you have picked times you can change them and that this offers much wider availability :thumbsup2

Been trying to link our Disney UK reservation number to "My Disney Experience" for a few days now but no luck, have tried the App & the web site
Trip not till November 2014 so plenty of time to sort out but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues linking reservation numbers.

ABZDisneyFan said:
Been trying to link our Disney UK reservation number to "My Disney Experience" for a few days now but no luck, have tried the App & the web site
Trip not till November 2014 so plenty of time to sort out but I was wondering if anyone else has had similar issues linking reservation numbers.

MDE doesn't accept the UK reservation number. If you phone up they will either give you the US reservation number you need or will do it for you. I rang up this afternoon and its now showing!

MDE doesn't accept the UK reservation number. If you phone up they will either give you the US reservation number you need or will do it for you. I rang up this afternoon and its now showing!

Thanks for getting back to me, much appreciated.

DS out there just now and using Magic Bands! Arrived on Monday with DGF and staying at AKL for 2 weeks. Loves them! :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

DS out there just now and using Magic Bands! Arrived on Monday with DGF and staying at AKL for 2 weeks. Loves them! :thumbsup2

Mrs TT

Let me know how you get on and what number you called please.. trying to get my virgin holidays trip in Oct 2014 linked too..

Tony

I called the usa number that comes up on the error message but on the email I got from the IT guy it shows a number of 001 407 939 7765 - hope that helps

Just had an e-mail reply from Disney UK to tell me that I should try again 180 day's out from the start of the holiday as at plus 400 days to go they have not assigned a US reservation number to the booking yet.
I'll try calling tonight & if they can't give me a US reservation number I'll leave it till we have under a year to go & call again.

Just had an e-mail reply from Disney UK to tell me that I should try again 180 day's out from the start of the holiday as at plus 400 days to go they have not assigned a US reservation number to the booking yet.
I'll try calling tonight & if they can't give me a US reservation number I'll leave it till we have under a year to go & call again.

Who are you booked with?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Who are you booked with?

Booked for November 2014 staying at OKW with park tickets through Disney UK's travel company.
Not panicking about it yet as we're over a year away but genuinely excited by the whole "My Disney Experience" app & web site & keen to try it out.
We're also taking the outlaws as a treat, so want to get them logged into MDE so they can get involved as well, mother in law is beyond excited about the trip so once we get this bit sorted out its something else for her to play with.

Booked for November 2014 staying at OKW with park tickets through Disney UK's travel company.
Not panicking about it yet as we're over a year away but genuinely excited by the whole "My Disney Experience" app & web site & keen to try it out.
We're also taking the outlaws as a treat, so want to get them logged into MDE so they can get involved as well, mother in law is beyond excited about the trip so once we get this bit sorted out its something else for her to play with.

I read they're aiming to roll out fully by the end of this year, so hopefully all the kinks will be worked out for you!

I read they're aiming to roll out fully by the end of this year, so hopefully all the kinks will be worked out for you!

The plot thickens, just had another e-mail from Disney, this time saying that the 12 digit number wont be issued until 9 months prior to the holiday.
Anyone else out there booked for more than 9 months in the future been given their US reservation number?

The plot thickens, just had another e-mail from Disney, this time saying that the 12 digit number wont be issued until 9 months prior to the holiday.
Anyone else out there booked for more than 9 months in the future been given their US reservation number?

I've had this issue a couple of times. The solution is easy: Phone and ask over the phone. If the first person tells you they cant issue it yet, Call back and speak to another agent. :thumbsup2

If you log into www.mydisneyreservation.com and click to view details of your booking, there is a shorter alpha numerical reference that shows on there. That number works on MDE

I still can't do FP+ (checking in on 30th Sep) - I've been told this is because Virgin Holidays haven't loaded our tickets through the system yet, so whilst my resort ressie and package is evident, the park tickets aren't.

I've been told two different things as to when the tickets will be automatically loaded - firstly only 48 hours before check in, secondly 3-4 weeks before check in.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

3rd time lucky calling today!
At 30 days out today and have successfully had my tickets added so getting to play with FP+ now :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter