Will UK guests be getting magic bands?

So a bit confused about whether you get a magic band if not staying on site but buying a 14/21 day ultimate ticket. Will you still be able to fast passes in advance (I actually like current system). Just wondering generally how non Disney hotel guests will be effected in the parks.

You won't get a band free but you can purchase one ;)

Eventually the only FP system will be FP+ as the old FP is being phased and as more people switch to FP+ there are going be less regular FP available anyway making return times on the popular rides even further out. TSM has already been reporting even later than usual return times at park opening.

I am guessing when it rolls out to offsite guests - you will link you tickets and it will let you book FPs for the number of days of your ticket.

Woop woop - access just popped up!!

Does anyone know if MBs will ship to the UK?

Woop woop - access just popped up!!

Does anyone know if MBs will ship to the UK?

Hi. We have edited out MBs and had to give out uk address as a shipping address and just go an email saying that we need to pop them in out hand baggage so they can be activated at the hotel when we arrive. So looks like they will be sending out to uk.

All reports show that they are not shipping to the UK and will infact be waiting at check in for you.

I happened to notice that we had been allocated magic bands for Our October stay at BCV.

I have customised the magic bands now and I could have chosen fastpass times but only for myself as I am the only one to have an annual pass.

DS will be getting his ticket when we arrive the week before at OKW with the free dining package so it looks like we will have to wait until then to choose our FP times.

Not sure what will be left by then as there didn't seem to be much choice of FP times on my dates but I am hoping there will be more available nearer the time. I still need a lot of convincing that this MB/FP+ will be a good thing or not......time will tell

I still can't do FP+ (checking in on 30th Sep) - I've been told this is because Virgin Holidays haven't loaded our tickets through the system yet, so whilst my resort ressie and package is evident, the park tickets aren't.

I've been told two different things as to when the tickets will be automatically loaded - firstly only 48 hours before check in, secondly 3-4 weeks before check in.

Has anyone had any experience with this?

When and how did you get the details to load link your bookings at the resort on MDE ?

You will need to contact Virgin Holidays and ask for your Disney reference number. I know last year they were not issuing these until 180 days out.

thanks..I'll probably be asking this again nearer the time as I will have forgotten...the negative side of planning a year out lol !

You will need to contact Virgin Holidays and ask for your Disney reference number. I know last year they were not issuing these until 180 days out.

I had the same response when I called, but by sending a message requesting it via the Virgin Holidays Facebook page I was provided the number straight away...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I still can't do FP+ (checking in on 30th Sep) - I've been told this is because Virgin Holidays haven't loaded our tickets through the system yet, so whilst my resort ressie and package is evident, the park tickets aren't.

I've been told two different things as to when the tickets will be automatically loaded - firstly only 48 hours before check in, secondly 3-4 weeks before check in.

Will you update when you can book your FP+ we have booked through virgin for January and hope to book a few FP+

Ok so we arrive in the world on the 8th sept. l want to customise our magic bands but it won't let without putting in a shipping address! What do we do, put the beach club address?

meryll83 said:

I have a similar problem with my ultimate ticket purchased on the Disney websitee. They told me (after 40 minutes on the phone with the tech support and ticket office in the USA) that will call tickets are loaded a few days before arrival and I need to try again later. This is annoying, I hope they fix this in the future, when the system will be rolled out for everyone, for FP+ for Toy Story mania or Peter Pan we'll need the 60 days windows to have any hope to get them.

Ok so we arrive in the world on the 8th sept. l want to customise our magic bands but it won't let without putting in a shipping address! What do we do, put the beach club address?

That's what I did, we arrive sept 21st and I put the yacht club as the shipping address

Are the magic bands waterproof? Just wondered if we could wear them whilst swimming in the resort pool. Would feel better doing that than leaving them unattended...

They are waterproof, it's great when you go to the pool or a waterpark because you don't need to take any money and worry about leaving it while you swim. It's so handy and easy to use. We haven't had a single problem with the bands.

no, you need to put your home adress in the UK

MBs don't ship outside of the USA anyway.
Putting a US adress might only cause issues if Disney doesn't "notice" that it's shipped on property. (I suppose Disney will make things right, but knowing disney for its glitches, shipping to the hotel could be the best way to end up with a plain gray, uncustomised MB)

Foreign guests like us pick up their MBs at the hotel, so they're already "shipped" to the hotel, no matter what adress you imput.

Also guest can customise their MBs up to 30 days prior to check in. I hope you still can, but you have less than 2 weeks until check in. There is a fair possibility that you won't be allowed to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter