will disney do a

No, and I hope they don't. Disney needs to put its energy into issues like mousekeeping and transportation.

They would have to have a much higher number of starting clients than Owner's Locker to make it financially viable. And no doubt, Disney's fees would be higher. I don't think Disney want the hassle of storing and tracking those items.

One company I worked for had a record storage unit, storing government and hospital paper files in a climate controlled environment.

Retrieving, cataloging, tracking, and delivering those files was more trouble than it was worth (and they charged a pretty penny). Even with signed inventoy lists, some of the entities would swear the company had "lost" one of their boxes, or had destroyed files in error.

They would have to have a much higher number of starting clients than Owner's Locker to make it financially viable. And no doubt, Disney's fees would be higher. I don't think Disney want the hassle of storing and tracking those items.

One company I worked for had a record storage unit, storing government and hospital paper files in a climate controlled environment.

Retrieving, cataloging, tracking, and delivering those files was more trouble than it was worth (and they charged a pretty penny). Even with signed inventoy lists, some of the entities would swear the company had "lost" one of their boxes, or had destroyed files in error.

I was thinking more along the lines of lockers with everone having there own key Disney would'nt have to do that much

I was thinking more along the lines of lockers with everone having there own key Disney would'nt have to do that much

That would be a lot of lockers, and still a lot of space...consider there are 100,000+ memberships currently. Where would you locate those lockers, at each resort or a central warehouse? And who would pay for the construction and maintenance of that area? I just don't see Disney going into what is basically the mini-storage business.

That would be a lot of lockers, and still a lot of space...consider there are 100,000+ memberships currently. Where would you locate those lockers, at each resort or a central warehouse? And who would pay for the construction and maintenance of that area? I just don't see Disney going into what is basically the mini-storage business.

ITA. Where do you put 20,000 - 40,000 lockers at a DVC resort? If it's at one's Home resort, how do you access your stuff if you decide to stay elsewhere?

And, of course, it wouldn't be free. Hello dues increase! Disney would have no motivation to get into the business unless there was a profit to be made, and the guidelines for our dues mean that there's little room for Disney to profit. Disney would essentially have to do it at cost.

Owner's Locker is a much better solution.

I was thinking each resort to have its own space like at SSR they could use a couple of places that are not used for any other purpose as i am aware of and not all 100.000 members would want one. Owners locker is ok I was thinking something on site would be easier and more conveniant for DVC owners

I was thinking each resort to have its own space like at SSR they could use a couple of places that are not used for any other purpose as i am aware of and not all 100.000 members would want one. Owners locker is ok I was thinking something on site would be easier and more conveniant for DVC owners

If there's money to be made, I don't think DVC will turn the idea away.

Likely, only a fraction of the owners would want to buy/rent into it. Costs of the service would be bore by those utilizing the service.

I doubt it would be the frist time that an outside concern started an enterprise only to have it eaten up by a larger entity. And whats bigger than Disney??

Owners locker is ok I was thinking something on site would be easier and more conveniant for DVC owners

I don't see how it could be easier or more convenient. Members would not be able to directly access lockers. I can't see Disney creating facilities to accommodate thousands of lockers at each resort. And even if they did, it would be a total headache to access your locker when staying at a different resort.

With Owner's Locker you simply schedule your arrival and they take care of the rest. It's waiting for you at bell services to either collect yourself or it can be delivered to the room with a phone call. Any service offered by Disney would, at best, be identical.

Owners Locker is virtually "onsite". You get there and it's waiting for you. Plus you don't have to go somewhere on grounds to find it. The locker is at whatever hotel you decide upon.

I was daydreaming about this today. I thought wouldn't it be nice to have a small locker to keep all the toiletries in. I was packing for my trip next week and I always try to take "almost empty" stuff, so I can toss it and not bring it back home. Of course if all my toiletries were already at WDW, I'd have room in my suitcase for more shoes!!!

Its an interesting thought as DVC owners are the most likely group of visitors to make annual trips to WDW thereby needing/wanting a place to leave itmes behind for the next upcoming trip

but I agree with everyone else that its probably not going to happen

I just dont see how, either you need ALOT of lockers to be able to really get any benefit from them for the whole of dvc

or you just put in a limited number at each place, say a couple hundred or whatever and when they are gone they are gone. But that has a whole other set of issues, I can see them being hogged and never let go even though they are not needed just so they were not lost once someone got them

Although another interesting thought, if the disboarders where able to get just one or two lockers at each place I bet that would be able to serve about the whole community here. That locker would be stuffed to the gills from people leaving something behind for the next.

I send a big box via UPS to the resort a week prior to arrival with the arrival date and reservation number clearly marked on the box. The box also contains a return address label inside for me to send back my special treasures from the trip. Upon arrival, I ask bell services for my box and it is delivered with my luggage. At departure, again bell services handles the package and makes certain it goes on the UPS truck. I've never had a problem and it is way cheaper than renting a locker.

I send a big box via UPS to the resort a week prior to arrival with the arrival date and reservation number clearly marked on the box. The box also contains a return address label inside for me to send back my special treasures from the trip. Upon arrival, I ask bell services for my box and it is delivered with my luggage. At departure, again bell services handles the package and makes certain it goes on the UPS truck. I've never had a problem and it is way cheaper than renting a locker.

Is the return prepaid? Last year I considered what I had sent "disposable" because I didn't understand how to get it back to me. I've never had to return the Christmas tree for the exchange, and this information would be great in case I ever have to do that.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes, the return is pre-paid. I keep the weight of the box the same - usually in the 12 to 15 pound range and mark the contents as souvenirs. This can be done online at the UPS site, which is where I do it. I do have a UPS account set up and this can also be done online and is not hard to do. You can also take your box to any UPS store or in our area Staples (office supplies store) will also handle and ship UPS. If you go the retail route, just ask them for a return label at the time of shipping. Either stick it in the box or in your purse - just don't forget to take it to Disney with you. I also add some packing tape to the box to use for the return journey.

I actually costed that out for us (DH is an accountant/economist, LOL) and it wasn't cheaper for us. By the time we added up the shipping both ways (that shampoo and stuff can get heavy), the gas to drive to UPS, and the shipping back, it was pretty close. Once we added in the cost of time to think about what needed to get packed, pack a box and schlep it over to UPS, Owners Locker started looking better and better. And, of course, that week before a vacation is always hectic trying to get projects at work done ahead, get a house sitter to come by and pick up mail and feed cats, etc, and all the other stuff that's pre-trip, the Locker won hands down.

My time is worth something, and this way there is less to do before a trip. The way most of our trips go, we'd probably be sending the darn UPS box 2 day because we didn't get around to sending it ahead of time:rotfl2: Your mileage may vary.

Yes, the return is pre-paid. I keep the weight of the box the same - usually in the 12 to 15 pound range and mark the contents as souvenirs. This can be done online at the UPS site, which is where I do it. I do have a UPS account set up and this can also be done online and is not hard to do. You can also take your box to any UPS store or in our area Staples (office supplies store) will also handle and ship UPS. If you go the retail route, just ask them for a return label at the time of shipping. Either stick it in the box or in your purse - just don't forget to take it to Disney with you. I also add some packing tape to the box to use for the return journey.

Thanks, this should work for our family things that I'll send down for October.

Bobbi

not from the UK its not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter