Wildlife Park

Csgrandma

Earning My Ears
Coming on a Friday in Aug with a total of 3 adults and 6 year old boy that LOVES animals. We have the kid's caravan booked. Does anyone know if he will get to feed animals on that one? Is there anything else I should book in advance to have a fabulous once in a lifetime experience? This is a splurge!

Is there a certain order of exhibits we should do to get the most out of the park?

Thanks in advance!

The Safari Park gets HOTTTTTT, so I like to do a lot of the hard walking (i.e. hills) early so that I'm not dying in the noon sun later. That means I start off heading toward Condor Ridge, tigers, and elephants. What time is your tour? If it's in the afternoon, then just go on your tour and then come back and see the other half (gorillas, birds, lions, etc.). If your tour isn't until later, you can do that stuff before your tour.

Even though you're going on the caravan, you might also still want to do the tram if you feel like you want to see more, since every pass at the route is different!

The kid's caravan includes a giraffe feeding :)

Have fun!

Caravan tour is at 12:15.

We will have a fabulous experience thanks to you two. I'm taking notes!

What's the scoop on a balloon safari?

Caravan tour is at 12:15.

We will have a fabulous experience thanks to you two. I'm taking notes!

What's the scoop on a balloon safari?

I'd probably pass on the balloon. It's stationary (only goes up and down). It gives good views but there are a lot of other spots that give great views for free.

The balloon is actually on hiatus, so it is not there right now. Even if it was there, I would agree to just pass on it. The only thing it is good for is a great view of the San Pasqual Valley.

Are any of the Behind the scenes safaris something not to miss? Is there a favorite one?

Are any of the Behind the scenes safaris something not to miss? Is there a favorite one?

I have only done the photo caravan safaris. They are alot of fun, and depending on which one you do, you could feed Giraffes, Rhinos or both.

I know that we have been getting alot of positive feedback on the VIP tour experience, but it can be rather expensive depending on what you do. I would actually recommend that if you want to do the VIP to do it at the Zoo, where you have more selection to choose from and a great lunch at our 5 star resturant.

Thank you Camonkeygirl. I have the zoo VIP tour already booked. I guess I better stop worrying and go clean the house. Lol!

Csgrandma, you will have to let me know how it went when you get back home.

I hope you have a great time.

So do the kids get to feed the giraffes? My son would absolutely burst if he got to.:yay: seriously burst!

The climbing ropes tour with the kid type zip lines looks really awesome as well, but one of my kids is only 6 and the age states 7 and up. I'm wondering how they check? Not that I am into lying b/c I know it's for safety, but he's a bigger kid and much more daring than my others were at 6.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done that option?

Any info would be great. I am stressing trying to fit it all in...DLR, legoland and the waterpark there and also the safari park.

So do the kids get to feed the giraffes? My son would absolutely burst if he got to.:yay: seriously burst!

The climbing ropes tour with the kid type zip lines looks really awesome as well, but one of my kids is only 6 and the age states 7 and up. I'm wondering how they check? Not that I am into lying b/c I know it's for safety, but he's a bigger kid and much more daring than my others were at 6.

Any thoughts? Has anyone done that option?

Any info would be great. I am stressing trying to fit it all in...DLR, legoland and the waterpark there and also the safari park.

The rope safari is a new feature at the Safari Park. I have not done it yet (hoping to maybe do it in Oct) They do depend on the Parents to give the correct age mostly due to the safety of all involved. Will he be close to turning 7 when you go?

Home from a great trip and my 6 year old grandson absolutely fed giraffes. Many of them! We also did the young explorers tour where he fed goats, meerkats, and catfish. It was fabulous. The even better (but very pricey) VIP tours were at the zoo and Seaworld. OMG, my spoiled grandson fed dolphins, sea lions, Galapagos tortoises, an elephant, sea turtles, and more. He got to pet penguins, an anteater, an armadillo, small sharks, birds, a blue tongue skink and more. We were behind the scenes all over the zoo and into the keepers sections. It was great.

We did not attempt the zip line since Christian was only 6 so I can't answer you about that. I will tell you that there were 2 little boys on our safari tour that could not have been older than 4 or 5 but they were very well behaved and with parents.

Wow! Thank you for posting! I really want to do the caravan now. I see that it is 2 hours long. Does the time fly by or was your grandson getting antsy? My kids are asking for the caravan tour instead of the rope/zipline adventure. I am glad. Was the young explorers tour at the safari park as well?

After reading their website it seems that there is another area in the park that you can purchase food and feed giraffes too. Did you happen to see that?

By the way, you aren't spoiling your grandson! It's a memory that you will both have that will last a lifetime!!! That's what grandparents do!!!!! So glad you had a great time!

Wow! The VIP tours sound awesome! You have one lucky grandson! We are heading to Sea World, the Zoo and Safari Park in October with my in-laws and kids who are 4 and 7. I don't think the VIP tours are going to be an option for us. Any other tips though? I can't find anything online about the Young Explorers tour - could you tell me a little more about that? Thanks!

Just got back....the safari park is very cool, but a ton of walking!!!! It was extremely hot and humid the day we went.

Unfortunately we didn't get to do the kids caravan safari b/c I didn't book ahead of time. I am still kicking myself!!! Because of my son's age, this is the only one we could do. This tour looked amazing.

We didn't get to feed the giraffes in the regular park b/c they never came up to the feeding area. We spent an hour there waiting for that and they just never came. The worker said sometimes they come and sometimes they don't. He said many days they do. That would have been amazing. It was the worst to wait and then to never have them come. They only sell the food once they start coming up the hill. Apparently the rhinos were bothering them that day and they didn't want to leave their area.That was a bummer b/c we really wanted to feed giraffes.

The one tiger we saw was sleeping on the side and we never saw the baby cubs. That was a hike to get to and kind of a bummer to not see.

The cheetah run is a must. Get there early b/c everyone in the park will be there. I would say at least a half an hour before if you want your kids to see in the front.

The bird show is amazing, feeding the little parakeet birds (I think called leerikats) was so cool for the kids. The petting zoo...the kids got to brush goats. That was a lot of fun for them. My kids are 11, 9, and 6.

You can bring any food or drinks in that you want.

If we got to feed the giraffes or got to go on the kids caravan safari I would have said it was a perfect day. The people were very knowledgeable and very nice that worked there. They provided a ton of information.

The tram was good, try to get a window seat.

It is a very cool park with lots to see, but just a lot of walking. Definitely something that is worth going to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter