Wild Turkeys and Dancing Banana Heads Cruise 11/25/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy everyone,
We had an awesome cruise!
It was rainy the first day, it started raining 10 minutes before the deck party was to start, so they moved it into the atrium. People had a lot of fun, but since I had been to many of the outdoor parties, I knew it was not as good. It was very crowded and not room for the audience to dance around like outside. But I think they really did a great job under the circumstances.
That evening was the only rain we had. It was cloudy, windy, but in the mid 80's the entire trip.
We hAd 2 very nice families of 3 at our table for dinner, so that made 8 of us. one lady did get sea sick the first night and left before dinner even got started. But she was back the next 2 days feeling much better. The food was awesome, as usual. Our wait staff was great.
The pirate party was awesome!!! My only disappointment was not very many people dressed up. I have read that on the shorter cruises they dont get as much participation that way. But it was still great. We did attend the Little Mate pirate dance party before dinner to see the little kids all dressed up and dancing. They were so cute! Each one recieved a piece of pirate gold before they left for dinner.
We had an extra good time because the duo in the Promenade lounge was Don and Tommie, whom we had seen before. They just happen to sing our style of songs and last time they went out of their way to take our requests and we talked with them quite a bit. So when we went back this time and sat down they remembered us! What a surprize for us. They sang all our favorites for us and they invited us to sit and visit with them, before and after their sets. The last night we sat and talked about music and stuff until 12:30 a.m. and we had to be up by 6 a.m. They introduced us to the audience as their friends Greg and Kathy and would dedicate songs to us. I told them once that I wished I would of brought my cam corder so I could have them on tape. The next day they brought their cam corder and let us record on it, then they made us a copy. During the taping they sang all our favorites, talked to us and even came off stage and took the camera and took pictures of us up on stage. Tommie even came over and took me by the hand when one of my favorite songs was playing and she danced around with me while we both sang the song. That was hillarious as I CAN'T dance or carry a tune. Luckily when I was singing along the mike was not close to my mouth!!! They probably would of jumped ship if people heard me singing.
These people do everything to make your trip so special and personal. They also introduced us to other entertainers in the other 2 bands on board. They also turned out to be great people who stopped and visited with us as much as an hour around the pool or on Castaway Cay. They also acknowleded us when they saw us at their performances. It was so awesome!! This is twice we really felt like part of the Disney family, instead of just being a guest. I've never heard of an entertainer loaning you their cam corder to record them and then making you a copy. That was way above their job descriptions. But that is the kind of wonderful people they are. They really made our trip so fantastic!! This is twice they have treated us so special.
We didnt do any excursions in Nassau this time. We have done about all the excursions there before. We did walk around and went to the straw market and got a few bargains, then went back and enjoyed the quiet of the ship.
Castaway Cay was hot and windy, but also cloudy. The surf was rough enough they had to cancel the parasailing, deep sea fishing, glass bottom boat, and outer snorkeling tour. But all the water sports within their rock barrier went on as scheduled. We hiked the trail to the other end of the island and returned at lunch time. Then we went back to the ship and had the adult pool and hot tubs and the family pools all to ourselves. Nobody was there for quite a while. It really was an awesome cruise! The only down side to the whole trip was having to get off the ship this morning.
I'm having disney withdrawals today!! I need another Disney fix! Luckily we do have a cruise booked before this one, so that should help.
Hope your all well and getting excited to cruise, we only have a little over a year to go!!
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy

Glad to hear you had a great time. It's experiences like you had with the entertainers that make a vacation special. Welcome back. :goodvibes

I'm so glad to hear you had a great time!!
The entertainment staff is really great!! They really make the cruise so much more fun and memorable!!
DH will be dressing up for sure on our cruises!! He LOVES pirate night!!
We leave for Disney World 1 month from tomorrow!! I can't wait. That will have to tide me over until our cruise next year!! :hourglass

Hi Feenie,
I'm happy to hear that you get to go to WDW next month. If you know which park you will be at on the weekend, let me know and maybe we can zip over and say Howdy! It would have to be a last minute decision on my part because I dont know what we will be doing that far out, but most weekends we are at WDW at least one day, unless someone is ill.
I did this with another person last month and it worked great. We exchanged pictures on line and said we'd look for each other around noon to one at Epcot near the inoventions building. We also gave a description of our shirts.
We saw each other just as we were about to leave. we didnt have an exact time as i didnt want to interfere with their vacation. We figured if it worked, great, if not that was ok. It's easy to take longer to do the attractions than a person plans on sometimes. We visited for about 10 minutes and then they were off for more fun.
Just keep the thought in the back of your mind and let me know later what you think. I do not want to slow down your trip or interfere with your plans in anyway. Time is precious when at WDW.
Kathy

We are going to be at the Magic Kingdom on Sunday 11/13!!
the only thing we know for sure is that we have a priority seating at the liberty tree character dinner for 4pm. If it works out for you it would be great to meet!! (especially since we will be spending 14 days on the same ship pirate: next year!!)

Feenie,
It should work for us unless something unforseen happens. I will mark 11/13 on the calendar for MK. So that it wont interfere with your vacation maybe we could meet you in front of the Liberty Tree restaurant about 20 minutes or so before your 4:00 dinner reservation. Since you will be headed for that place anyway. How does that sound to you?
Plus send me a reminder, maybe a PM just before you leave for vacation if possible.
We would love to meet you too. It would be great to have a face to put with your name before the cruise.
Kathy

Howdy,
Just in case anyone wants to say HI or check out my door signs we will be in room 7126. I'm sure we will have a meeting time arranged when the time is closer, but I still wanted you guys to know where we will be. If any of you make a door sign, please let me know you room #, I love to go and look at the signs, but there are too many long hallways to just start walking down at random.
It only 13 months away!!! When Feenie started this thread, it was 2 years out. Time is flying by.
Kathy

Hello,

Just got off the Magic 10 days ago and, while onboard, booked one of the special Western itineraries for October, 06. After we came home and looked at our calendars, it just made sense to switch to this sailing on 11/25/06 so us Four Foxes will be joining you.

I was shocked to find that Main dining is no longer available that we are waitlisted and I wasn't exactly thrilled with the Cat. 9 room assignment but I'm hoping I can switch that in the next 13 months. (Hint...if anyone decides to cancel or switch your ressies once those 2007 dates come out, please PM me so I can try to make some changes...especially those lucky dogs who have those precious SPHs! :goodvibes )

We met such a great group of Dis'sers on our last Magical trip...I look forward to getting to know all of you over the next year.

Hi Jamie,
It's great to have another family to join us. We have had good luck changing to a earlier dining time on the Magic in the past. On the first day they have a time go to one of the clubs and try to get it changed. Just show up right on time and keep your fingers crossed. Most of the time you are changed right on the spot. Only once we had to wait for a phone message to find out if we got our time changed. It was on the second day, but it did happen. So don't give up hope!! I would call DCL once a month and check about the room category, since people change rooms and cruises all the time. Just like you just did, so if you keep on it, this far out, I'm sure you'll get a change. I will blow some Pixie dust your way!!! That should help.
Happy to have you with us,
mom x4,grandma x4
kathy

Hi everyone,
I need to check this thread more often.

Kathy- You lucky duck! I'd be on cloud 9 if DH came home and said you have 1 1/2 days till we go on a 4 day cruise. Sounds like you had fun.

Welcome to everyone new!!

Hi all! Add DH and me to the list for 11/25/06!! We are still looking for the best rate and hopefully will have a deposit down by the end of the week. This will be our first cruise and I am so excited. I would appreciate any tips or info you can provide. BTW, what is a secret port hole room?

Cheryl

Hi Melanie and Kycha - we're also from PA. Lanc./Chester Co. border. Which county are you both from?

Kycha - The Secret Porthole rooms are category 10s but you get a nice big porthole just like you do in Category 9. They're all on Deck 5 and, according to DCL just this morning, they're all taken. I'm crossing my fingers that when the 2007 rates come out, someone will decide to switch their sail date and open one of those puppies up. Until then, we're on Deck 9 in a Cat. 9. Wouldn't I just love to finally get an upgrade?!?!?!

We have two children and when we sail, DS will be 10 and DD will be 8. I'm glad they'll both be in the same club even though their activities will be separate.

Can't wait to read a trip report from someone who got off the boat Saturday to see how they improved the boat in Dry Dock. I was on the last sailing before she went up to Norfolk. It was quite something to see the supplies and huge containers placed onboard once were arrived back in Port Canaveral.

Hi Cheryl,
Welcome to our little group. We are growing a little at a time.
We will be a middle aged couple with no kids and grandkids coming this time, unless something changes.
Looking forward to getting to know you over the next few months.
We have done 8 DCL cruises, so if you have any questions to ask, please do and I will try to answer them, we have gone with all ages from 18 months to in the 50's. If I dont know the answers, you can bet someone else here will. People are very nice and helpful.
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy

OK, it's official. The 2007 rates are just too much higher than the price for this 11/25/06 cruise so here we stay! Now I can work on switching to a TA to get a better price and getting our dining assignment changed to Main. I did manage to change our room assignment to 2510 but wouldn't mind getting something closer to the elevators/stairs on Deck 2. That 2510 scares me a little since it's next to the dreaded "noisy rooms" but reviews say its OK. DH just loves being able to run up the steps to Diversions and grab a Guinness at whim. So, how do I put a ticker on my signature?

Feenie,
only 400 sounds great, but just think, tomarrow it will be in the 300's.!!
399 sounds so much less than 400.
It's all psychological I know, but it's true.
mom x4,grandma x4
kathy

Woo hoo! Tomorrow will definately sound closer! I wish it was this year, but yet I wouldn't be ready to sail within a month, lol!

Hi Cheryl- Welcome.

fourfoxesinpa- I'm in the upper portion of Bucks county -very close to the Lehigh/Montgomery borders. My son will be 9 (just turning 9) when we sail. He just turned 8 about a week ago. He will be very close to both of your sons. I also have a DD who will be 14 when we sail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter