Wild Turkeys and Dancing Banana Heads Cruise 11/25/06

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're on deck 2 on the starboard side, near the aft elevators.

mom x4 said:
Hi snoopy mom,
Congradulations to your DH for passing his test. I remember how hard it was for us when my DH went to college. We had 4 kids at the time. I'm very happy you get to come to Florida to celebrate.
Our temps have been around 90 to 92 everyday, but with the heat index it has been from 100 to 105. Our thunderstorms usually cool it off some in the afternoons, however we havnt had rain for 4 days now and when it comes it has been late inthe evenin g, so it doesnt really help the heat any.
Be sure and bring the sun screen and drink lots and lots of water!!!
Discovery cove is fantastic!!! Your kids are very lucky to be going. We will be at sea world sometime in the next 2 weeks. Our oldest daughter and her family are visiting from Oregon , so we are taking them all over. Today we did Typhoon Lagoon to cool off, we did universal on sunday. Thursday will be gatorland, we are going to do all of WDW, Busch gardens, Cypress gardens, Islands of adventure too. My feet will be very tired by the end of August when they return home. Let us know how you like Discovery cove. I've never heard of anyone being disappointed there yet. Have a great time, :rotfl2:
mom x4,grandma x4

We are back! We had a BLAST! I highly recommend DC. It will probably take another 10 years fro me to save the money to go again, but I would do it in a hearbeat. I think I will post more about DC on that thread. It was very hot, but we seemed to manage just fine in the heat. We also dodged any t-storms or rain. What a great trip, it also included 2 SeaWorld days and a Busch Gardens day.

On our way back to the airport, we were a little early so we drove by the cruise terminal!!! How exciting! No ships were in dock, though, it was Monday (8/15). But, it was cool to see the Disney terminal!

FYI - I also have kids aroudn the ages of some of the posters here - DD9 and DS11 (at time of cruise).

Hi Snoopymom,
I'm so glad to hear you had a good time. We just got back from Cypress Gardens a few minutes ago. We are going back on Friday since the ticket is good for 2 days. Then saturday will be Sea World, then company will leave Sunday.
We just bought all our kids lane tickets for this December as we are all going on the Magic on the 17th for the Western cruise. That will be a warm up for our cruise with you. I wish my kids and grandkids could come with us in 2006, my GS is 11 and I'm sure he would of liked to meet your DS.
It has been 105 with the heat index here for 3 days now.
That's way to HOT for me!!!
Take care and tell us about DC when you get the chance.
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi Snoopymom,

Sounds like you had fun in Florida. We just got back on August 1. We had our best vacation ever this time. Who would have thought since we always stayed away from the Summertime. Our best day was the day we spent in Cocoa Beach. It was actually our second time there during our trip but the first time we hit a storm and DD got stung by a jellyfish. The first trip we saw the Carnival ship and well that's how we decided to go for a Disney cruise next year.
It sounds like your DD and my DS will be the same age when we travel.

Howdy everone,
Well our company has gone back home today. It is so quiet here.
Guess it's time to get busy on cruise stuff.
Have any of you made a room sign or do you have any ideas for a room sign for your door? I have seen many on this board,, but I havnt decided what i want to do yet, so I'm looking for any ideas you might have.
Also I'm thinking about the Pirates costume too. Anyone making one fron ideas instead of buying one at Halloween? I want to create something myslef if possible. I saw a necklace at Epoct last week that was made from the Medallion from the movie, The Pirates of the Carribbean. It looked really neat, I believe it was $10, which isnt too bad, as we have 3 cruises booke dso I could wear it at least 3 times, unless they change the party. But since it's new I think we have 2 or 3 years before they change it again, I hope.
Please let me know if any of you have got any good ideas. I'd love to hear from you.
Well, time to get busy getting my house back to normal, if that's possible?
My house is never really what I'd call normal. Ha! Ha!

Hi mom x4,grandma x4,

As far as room signs go, I haven't even started thinking about that yet. That will be a super fun project to do this winter with the kids. Maybe on a snowy day!!

For the pirates costume, I've definately been thinking about that. My eyes have been open. I found a cute black skirt that had some beading and had pieces of material at the bottom that looks all flowy. That didn't describe it well, lol! It really caught my eye but I'm not sure if I want to spend $35 on a skirt for one night, lol! I'm still thinking. I'm hoping to see what I can find around halloween time. I think I'm going to try to get DH and me to be that for halloween this year and next and let it be a work in progress. We have two halloweens to work on it so that is good.
DS bought a Captain Hook outfit at WDW last November so I'm hoping he somehow still slightly fits into but I know that is Wishful thinking since we still have a year. He is petite though so you never know. He still fits into swim shorts we bought him 2 years ago. DS bought the necklace at MK that you are talking about. I go to WDW for the Marathon in January so I'm thinking about grabing those necklaces for me and DD too. My DD doesn't seem to excited to dress up, so I"m not sure how much I can get her to. She seems to want to wear something "cool" and maybe just put a bandana on or something.

Now you have me thinking. Maybe I'll buy the skirt for halloween!

Hi Melanie,
I'm doing the same thing as you. I keep looking, but then wonder if the price is worth it. I still want to go to a thrift store to see what I might find there. Of course your right, Halloween should produce some stuff. At least for us we have 3 DCL cruises booked and will hopefully book a fourth on this cruise, so we should get lots of use out of our costumes. That helps when considering the price of stuff. I think the pictures I have seen on line of people in their outifts have been great. I love the ones that people have created themselves, not just bought the entire outfit, the best. There are so creative with their ideas. Unfortunatly I'm not gifted that way, but I'm trying.
Your DD must be a teen. That is usually the age group that doesnt want to dress up as much. I'm lucky my GD is 14 and she is excited to dress up when she goes with us in December. Well I've lots to do today, hope you have a great week and keep me posted on any ideas you come up with.
mom x4,grandma x4
Kathy

Howdy everyone,
I was just checking in with all of you to see if everyone on thos board was safe. I dont know where most of you are from, so i was wondering if all of us escaped Katrina??? I hope you are all safe and ok. We are fine in Florida as far as Kartina goes, but last night they told us Florida will be having gas and power shortages starting immediately. 1/3 rd of our electricity comes from gas plants in Mississippi and 8 plants are damaged too badly to operate. Most of our stores have turned off outside lights unless they are solar powered and the lights inside are very dim. Today all the lights in the coolers and freezers were off to help conserve energy. Most airconditioning is set up to 78 to 80 to help also, so some public buildings are very warm right now. With our heat index it is 100 to 105 outside for several weeks now, so even 80 feels cool at first. Last night when the President and Governer Bush announced the upcoming shortages the 3 gas stations near us went from no customers to a 2 hour wait. Eventually they sold out and had to close.
This morning while I was out I saw all 3 getting gas delivered, but i dont know if it was regular ( lowest priced) or premium or diesel. Yesterday regular was $2.69 and today it is $3 per gallon. we have been told to expect $5 by the end of the weekend and lots of stations will be closed over the next several weeks due to no gas available, so to conserve all you can.
I dont like the prices, but I would be ashamed of myself if i complained too much, when i think how lucky we are to have food, water and shelter when so many have nothing at all in our neighbors up north. my thoughts and prayers are with them.
Hope you are all well and safe, drop a line and check in so we know that you are all safe.
mom x4,grandma x4 Kathy

Hi everyone,

We are in Pennsylvania so we are all safe. I just spent an extended holiday down in Alabama though and I saw many shelters at the local Churchs that were full there. I sure hope everyone is safe and well. I know many are affected.

On a happy note, I booked the Radisson at the Pier for 3 nights prior to the cruise. I was even able to book the shuttle for 10am. Now that's an early booking if I don't say so myself. Its over a year away still! I also asked her if they serve Thanksgiving dinner at the hotel restaurant normally. If I can't find anyplace that serves dinner here, we will probably go over to Chef Mickey's and watch the Dallas game at the bar right outside the restaurant and have dinner there on Thursday. I sure wish it was this year, but hey.........I've already had my vacation this year!

Melaniec
I'm glad to hear your all ok. It is such a horrible thing to happen to anyone.
Well even though our cruise is a 14 months away, I've been getting ready for a 12/17 DCL cruise. I just went shopping today for items to make a door sign for all of our rooms we have booked. I have no idea what I'm doing yet, but it is fun. By the time we cruise with you I should have it perfected.
I also bought some closeout striped pants today that I'm going to fray at the bottom to see if they would make good pirate pants. If not I only lost $6, so that's not bad. I bought my GD a cinderella dress to wear and my GS a pirares of the carribbean pirate outfit. He is only 3 , so it should really look cute on him . Now I have to get a girl pirate out fit for the GD soon. I also bought 3 white short sleeve blouses to put iron on transfers on. I have done this before and it works great.
I'll let you know how it goes. So much to do.
mom x4,grandma x4

Hi everyone,
Just bumping this up to keep it active. It was on the bottom of page 3.

mom x4,grandma x4 - How fun that you are going on 12/17 of this year. Its killing me this cruise is over a year a way. I'm sure it will go sort of fast. I can't believe Sept is almost over. I hope your pirates costumes turn out. I've been finding a lot of cute skirts I could use but haven't committed to anything yet.

Hi Melanie,
Time will fly by. Our 12/17 cruise was almost 2 years out when we booked, but now it seems like ir has flown by very quickly.
I'm still debating about pirate outfit too. I have an idea for one with pants, and one with a skirt, but I cant decide what to wear. Maybe I should do both, one for each cruise?? Sounds like a good excuse to me to buy both.
I have been working on door signs too, but those I will change for each cruise. I want to put them in my photo/ scrap book after each trip.
Well time to sign off, it was nice to hear from you. Our board has been very quiet for quite sometime. Guess sometimes people dont get as involved until the cruise gets closer. For me, it helps keep the excitement alive!!!
mom x4, grandma x4

Oh!! I wish our cruise was as close as this december! pirate:
Pirate night is so much fun!!

For those of you who dont know it, today the 19th of September is "National Talk Like a Pirate Day". pirate: pirate: pirate:
So talk it up and have some fun. Good practice for pirate night on the cruise.
mom x4,grandma x4

I can't believe I missed the "National Talk Like a Pirate Day" pirate:

See what I get for not checking this thread in the past few days, lol! :rotfl2:

Well we will just have to make sure we keep this thread active, even if its just a few of us. I need something to keep me excited and keep the time a passing!!

It is time to be excited, it's only 14 months away!!!
With the holidays coming the next 3 months should fly by for everyone, then summer will be here again with all the summer activities to make it go quickly. Then we will be right where we are now, and on our final 3 month countdown.
Everyone will be discussing their pirate costumes, and door signs and where we are going to meet on board!!! YIPPEE!!!
My blood is stirring already!!!
I be ready for a pirate party with me ship mates!!!!
mom x4,grandma x4

P.S. next year we will try and remind each other ahead of time that September 19th is talk like a pirate day. We have a whole year to practice our pirate talk!

Hello all,

DH and I just came back from our 'adults only' trip to POR Sept 18-23. We had a blast!!! We did everything that we couldn't do with our DS (4) there. PI and the Adventurer's Club was awesome, although we had a few too many our last night out and the flight home was a bit rough. LOL - now we remember why we don't bother to drink anymore. Anyway, I figure now I can concentrate on our upcoming cruise :cool1: although I am still trying to convince DH that we should take DS for his b'day in Feb '06. We took him in Feb of this year and had a great time. I have also been hinting at DVC because at this rate we practically would have had our inital 'buy-in' paid off! Oh well, I'll cool it for a bit, maybe lurk on the DVC board, and see if I can really sell it to him around Christmas ;)

I just wanted to mention that we saw the coolest pirate costume outside of the PotC ride at MK. It was of the 'ghost pirates' you see on the ride - complete with ripped up clothes and a 'skelton suit' underneath. Really neat! I am going to check on Disney online after Halloween and see if anything comes on sale. The costume was pricy - around $45 I think - for a kids size and I really don't want to pay that much. Especially given DSs ability to change his mind and refuse to do something if he sets his mind to it - oh the joys of a 4 yo!

Anyway, I am really looking forward to our cruise and hoping to meet others with 4 or 5 yo boys as we get closer to sailing. We are also open to hooking up with tablemates (not in that way - sheesh!! :teeth: ). We are me - 33, DH 36, DS 4 and we are from Toronto Canada. I don't know how to describe us without seeming rude, so let me try it this way - when we were on the Wonder in Feb our tablemates seemed alot older than us. I don't think they really were much older and had a DD about DSs age, but they were really quiet, prim and proper, what I guess I would term boring. We are outgoing, have tattoos, listen to alternative music, like hot rod cars, and can be a bit off-kilter. We are also a loving family who loves the Mouse. So, I guess it would be great to hook up with similar people who could share a laugh and can relate to our lifestyle a bit more than our previous tablemates.

So - hopefully that has not alienated me from the rest of my fellow cruisers, cause I think we are going to have a blast!!!!! :banana:

HI Dutchsmommy,
I'm glad to hear you had such a great time. Look on www.disneydirect.com for the costume you were talking about. I bought it there for my grandson a month ago. I dont remember th eprice, but it was much less than at WDW. They also have captain hook. I know some of the costumes are up to 60% off right now because i just got an advertisement yesterday, but I didnt save it. I know for costumes it was free shipping and you can return or exchange costumes prior to halloween if needed. Most costume places wont let you return costumes.
Well we are a bit older than you, but not put off at all by your desciption of you and your family. You sound like a fun family out to really get the most out of life. That is the way to be! I am always getting teased for being like a kid because I love Disney and my house is full of fugurines and stuffed animals which I dress up for different holidays and I'm always hugging all the characters at the parks and on board ship. We too had tablemates that we couldnt connect with. It was terrible. I dont blame them, we were just totally different people. They too were proper people, we are old country folks.
We are "Unrefined" I guess. My grandkids dont believe that I use to ride a motorcycle, and other adventurious stuff. Of course that was many, many years ago.
Looking forward to meeting you and your family on board. Sorry I dont have any young kids, my youngest will be 24 shortly and I wont say how old the oldest one is, but I do have a grandkid who is in her teens and her brother is not far behind. The others are young, but they wont be cruising with us on this cruise. I'm sur eothers will have kids the age of yours.
Glad to meet your family,
mom x4,grandma x4

Howdy,
My DH called me from work around 10 this morning and said, by the way I booked us a 3 day cruise on the Wonder with a category 4 stateroom. You have 1 1/2 days to get ready to go. Before he could finish I had the birth certificates in hand and was headed to the bedroom to get the suitcases out of the closet to pack. By the time he came home for lunch I was all packed accept the toiletry items which have to go in at the lat minute.
I am ready!!! I'm beginning to wonder about him. This is the second time he has done this to me. No complalints!!! Maybe that grey hair is imparing his judgement, or old age is finally setting in, either way i wont complain for a minute about it. My only regret is I dont have my pirate costume ready yet, and I dont have time to finish it now. So we will have to wear our Pirates of the Carribean t-shirts and the red bandanas they give you at dinner. That will have to do with such short notice. I will post a short trip report when we return. Wish you all could come too so we could meet, but that will come in due time.
Bon Voyage,
mom x4, grandma x4
Kathy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter