Wicked in Chicago meet-11/4/06

I really thought I posted I got our tickets.

Good thing too, if you were to hand them out at the theatre, I would've been a week late... I had written the date down as Nov 11!!! Lucky for dh, Nov 4 he can make!!

PS Anybody that has seen Wicked already, do you think its worth seeing again? Like on Dec 27??

eeyore45 said:
PS Anybody that has seen Wicked already, do you think its worth seeing again? Like on Dec 27??

OH YES!!! Definitely!!!! ::yes::
The Wicked meet will be my 2nd time seeing it. And I've promised DD that I will take her to see it this winter too, since I'm taking DH with for the meet. :thumbsup2

Bunchkin said:
OH YES!!! Definitely!!!! ::yes::
The Wicked meet will be my 2nd time seeing it. And I've promised DD that I will take her to see it this winter too, since I'm taking DH with for the meet. :thumbsup2

Thanks Bunchkin!!

DS, 18, went with the high school band group - had the same seats r (did anyone see that? my screen went blue and they type disappeared?)

anyway - he said we'll totally LOVE it, and the seats werent too high at all!!

(so strange, really, really strange!!)

I know I have been MIA on the Chicago thread, with school and all, but I can't wait to see you guys at Wicked. We are going to Italian Village instead, though. My best friend is coming up from Central IL, and she has only been to Chicago once. This is also a belated 30th bday celebration for her, so we are going to IV instead. Have fun at Macy's, and we will see you at the theater!

For those that are interested...
Links ( I lost the Community Board Chicago Dis thread btw!)

http://www.musicalschwartz.com/wicked-characters.htm

this gives us some info on the characters - DD 10 is coming, and I remember when we took our boys when they were younger, giving them background info helped them enjoy the experience...

we're also listening to the Wicked CD - again, to familarize ourselves...

Cant wait till Saturday!! :banana:

Yeah!!! Wicked is finally this weekend!! :cool1:

I don't think we will be joining everyone at Macy's to eat. :(
DH is one of the "I'm never setting foot inside Macy's" Macy haters!!! :rotfl:
We are long time shoppers of Marshall Fields.
But we'll see if I can change his mind.....ya never know!! :thumbsup2

Bunchkin said:
Yeah!!! Wicked is finally this weekend!! :cool1:

I don't think we will be joining everyone at Macy's to eat. :(
DH is one of the "I'm never setting foot inside Macy's" Macy haters!!! :rotfl:
We are long time shoppers of Marshall Fields.
But we'll see if I can change his mind.....ya never know!! :thumbsup2

well he can stand outside while you eat :teeth: j/k

are any people even planning on going to the Macy's lunch thing? I'll admit its not my first choice either and my friend has never been to chicago but because of the size of the group I could not accommodate a sit down place. If no one wants to go we can just all eat lunch where we want to and meet up at the theatre..

Yay Wicked meet on Saturday!!! :banana:

I'm really flexible Mindy. I think you're right on about accomadating a group - and not many have posted their plans -

I'm excited that you gave so much of yourself to put this meet together - :goodvibes I put an internet message board "gathering" together (it was a realty tv message board - I posted anyone want to come to Chicago in the spring? Next thing I knew 30 people signed up, so I gathered everyone in one hotel, and made dinner ressises - and it wasnt easy... we ate at the Rock Bottom I think - a brew pub near the hotel - and then of course the German Restaruant that is now closed!! (dagnabit!!) and a CUBS game!

But it was so stressful for me - people coming - posting, not coming, not posting... so hard to plan!!

as for not coming into Macy's... well you could enter through the basement pedway, and he wouldnt even realize it was Macy's!! :rotfl2:

If no one wants to commit to you Mindy (except for me!! ;) ) then just post - everyone on their own for lunch...

Its too bad - I was looking forward to meeting Dis members, and WICKED too!! I was going to ask about that suite VIP service they have, but its $30 a person... when I win that lottery!!! :teeth:

Hi everyone! So excited for this weekend! I have a couple questions, though.I noticed the two tickets you sent me are not in succession-321 and 323. Is that a mistake? Also, Michele got stuck with some extras, bc someone backed out. I bought one. Do you think we will be able to switch around once we get there? I don't care where we sit, I would just like to be together.
Also, we are going to have to skip lunch. Our train comes in at 12:30, so we will hustle on over to the theater.

Mindy,
Kellie and I will meet you at Macy's food court. Hopefully they will have something that a picky 8 year old will eat. I thought I'd bring my recent pix from the trip. If other people would to, we could look at everyone's trip pix over lunch. I plan to catch the 9:56am train from home which should get us downtown at 10:54 and then walk the 2 blocks over. DD very excited. Does anyone know what time the show ends? Have a b-day party to go to that evening if we will get back in time.

I'm planning to go to the food court as well, so there will be some of us.

Bunchkin, hopefully you can get your DH to go. He won't be able to hold out forever!

How will we all recognize each other? I know some people going to the meet, but I'm not sure if they'll be at the food court.

paintnolish The seats run every other number, so the tickets you have ARE next to each other. :thumbsup2

Leigh I hope that I will be able to talk Tony into going to Macy's!! ::yes:: I usually get my way! :teeth:

For those that don't know everyone, maybe we should agree to all meet outside of the theatre, not inside where things can get crazy and loud. Maybe meet to the left of the theatre doors.
And for those meeting in the basement, it should be easier to figure out who is who!
:) :thumbsup2

Bunchkin- Thanks!
Now hopefully, someone will be a sweetie and scooch a bit, otherwise I will be putting my guest with Michele and her family! :rotfl:

I'll check out my spreadsheet and check who you're sitting by Tracy. Also-the seats are not in succession because that just how they do things, every other number-but rest assured you will be sitting next to each other.

this is me!
DSCF0391.jpg

I'll probably be wearing a gray coat with a huge hood and a hat-always a hat

the running time is 2 hours and 43 minutes including a 15 minute intermission

Princess Mindy said:
the running time is 2 hours and 43 minutes including a 15 minute intermission
Are you serious?!?!? :confused3 2 HOURS AND 43 MINUTES with ONLY a 15 MINUTE intermission???? :eek:

The running time may seem long, but the pace of the play really moves along quickly.
And IMO I think the intermissions are longer than that.
When we went and we had Suite Service, we had enough time to go downstairs, use the restroom, eat desserts and chit chat before it was time to return to our seats. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter