Why so little storage space????

TerriBelle

DIS Veteran
I was wondering if anyone else thinks that the storage/drawer space at the BWV is awful! We have stayed in a 2BR and the GV and both have very limited storage. Yes, they have really nice big closets but on vacation I don't bring many items that need hanging. We had lots of shorts, t-shirts, socks, etc. and only 2 drawers to put it in! I would love a dresser in the closet.

We have stayed at the Cont., YC, & BC. These resorts use to have more drawer space than what the Villas have. What is the deal? Don't most people stay about a week? If this is suppose to be a "home away from home", I would like to be able to unpack. Do the other DVC rooms have more drawers?

P.S. This is really a small complaint. We really loved our stay! I was just wondering what other people did so I could prepare for our next trip "home"!

I've never been in a hotel that had a lot of storage space and I've only stayed at the OKW and don't remember what they had.

Good point though.

We found that we had lack of storage space when we stayed at VVL this past summer. WE spoke to housekeeping and they very graciously brought us up another dresser (which we placed in the large closet).

rbuzzotta,

That is great to know. I will have to ask about this next time. We have 3 kids and keeping track of all their stuff is much easier if we can unpack.

Thanks

We hang a lot of our shirts, skirts, etc. but shorts seem to fit well just on the shelves in the closet. We are a family of 5 (two college age girls) and we always have 9 suitcases, so we do bring more than the average family. (My girls think they need a pair of shoes for every outfit. :D ) But we are always able to completely unpack. We use the drawer in the bench in the master bedroom, the Master Bedroom closet shelves, the Living Room closet and shelf, and the LR TV cabinet drawer, as well as all of the drawers in the studio, but we do get everything unpacked. Maybe you could hang more things once you arrive. The rooms do have a lot of hangers and you can get more if necessary.

hi: don't forget the night stands in the mbr! we also bring extra hangers (from dry cleaning) and hang all but shorts, socks, and undies. we leave the extra hangers when we go home.

Love the creative solutions guys.

One comments (Sorry it isn't helpful) but go on the Cruise, then you will never complain about storage again. :D

I haven't ever noticed a lack of storage space, personally, but it is only DH and I. I put all of his underwear(including socks) in one of the armoire drawers, all of my underwear(including socks) in another armoire drawer, and hang pretty much the rest of the stuff. Actually, I think I lay out our shorts in another drawer, but then hang pants, shirt etc. I usually bring extra hangers...I like the idea of brining the wire ones from the cleaners and then leaving them!

I have never thought the storage was a problem at OKW. We always have plenty of drawer space and I hang the shirts etc. The large foot chest makes a nice storage place as well. We usually have more than enough room. I too utilize the shelf in the closet as well as the shelf in the laundry. If we have a living room guest, they usually use the laundry room for some of their clothes as well as the front hall closet. In the dedicated 2 brs at OKW, there is an extra large walk in closet where the entry would be.

I love all these great ideas! I guess being short and having young kids, I never thought about using the closet shelves. Next visit I will be hanging up more stuff. I'm sure this will help. I was just a little surprised because the bedrooms in the GV had a lot of wall space that could have had a dresser of some type. I seem to remember some of the resorts having long dressers with lots of drawers that the tv sat on.

There's a large cabinet area right behind the dining table in the OKW suites. My daughter put all her stuff in there. That was nice, because she didn't have to wonder into the bedroom in the mornings to look for clothes.

We also hang a lot in the closet but we don't bring our own hangers, we just call housekeeping and they are more than happy to bring us all the hangers we need. We also use the closet shelf and also the 2 big side cabinets under the sink vanity which still leaves us the middle sink cabinet and the two vanity draws to put our tolietries in. We have always said they should put a dresser in the foyer and take out the mirror and shelf--this is definitely wasted space at BWV.

We have never had any storage problems at OKW but the first time we stayed in a BWV studio, I was shocked at how much more difficult it was to find space for our clothing. You cannot shove anything--like suitcases--under the bed, there are very tiny drawers, and part of the closet is almost inaccessible. I think some type of a dresser in the BWV foyer is a great idea-that is wasted space!! It would never have occurred to me to ask for another dresser--great idea!!

Oh my gosh, they brought another dresser to the room? That is truly the Disney spirit!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter