Who Wants To Try a DIS-Meet At Gulf State Park In May-June 2016?

Eh tu, Randy? <now Randy is piling on too.>

Elephants have long memories.....

I have some sunrise pictures from my most recent trip to GSP. I'll have to dig those out and post them.

Bama Ed

we have some good drinks as we watch Ed pull in and set up his Aliner.
Screenshot_2015-05-16-21-38-47_zpswp2aimob.png
Ed has the best opportunity to either dazzle or entertain. Those short wheelbase trailers on a long wheelbase tow vehicle are a bear to back in. I'm going to guess he'll impress, but one wrong twitch and let the show begin.

Teamubr, you got help me talk to Mrs. Tiggerdad about up grading to a fifthwheel, Tiggerdad will just love that!
I'll be glad to help anyway I can. My DW always appreciates it when people try to help me spend money. o_O Seems right to pass on the favor. Actually, I need someone to convince my DW that we should trade our current 5er in on one of the new mid-bunk models I've been looking at. Our current bunk house is 12 years old now and I'd like one with more living room space. It may actually happen this winter if the dealers can make me an offer at the winter show. DW was just offered a new job with my hospital system. It should be a good salary bump and we can ride to work together. She currently has a daily 90 mile round trip. Just the fuel and health insurance savings (I pay extra to have her on my insurance) should be at least $400/month. That should cover a nice new trailer payment. :dogdance:

j

Great...just great.

My wife is reading the posts and then BAM! Some dang gonna be wrestling two alligators fool has to bring up the whole 5th wheel thing. Teamubr, she does not need encouraging. I have a hard enough time getting past the outlets in Foley with any money left for fuel to get home without having to worry about a new mobile home on wheels. She did really like SouthAlabama5er's rig though.

Ed, You're my witness...she did say she liked your A-liner a lot.

Oh yeah, Roll Tide!

Ahh the Outlets in Foley are old news she needs to check out the Wharf and all the shops they have there.

Roll Tide

P.S. ok I have a idea, all the girls can take Ed's Suburban and go shopping at the Outlets, etc. and we can find some kinda of trouble to get into... :rolleyes1

Last edited:
Grrreeaatt...

She says "Thanks!"

(I smell a dirty prank coming up in June)

Tiggerdad, you seen how Ed packed all that tailgating gear in his Suburban, just imagine how many shopping bags full of new shoes, clothes and stuff they could pack in it!

Just up above Foley on Hwy 59 is a Camping World and I bet they might have some 5th wheels to, you know, just walk through and look at. You guys can take tiggerdad up there and he might even get a smarmy salesperson to show him around and discuss their 30 year financing plans.

I would be happy to drop off all the ladies at the Foley outlets and retire to the Gulf Bowl, the small bowling alley behind the outlets, while they got what they needed. GB moved to this spot a few years ago but the old one was cool. They have a pool table i could drop a few quarters into until i was summoned for the return trip home.

Bama Ed

Ps oh i dont go to the Wharf.

Last edited:
Ps oh i don't go to the Wharf.
What's the matter with a little shopping with the women? I actually don't mind "wander shopping" once in a while, especially at tourist places.

I just looked it up. The last time we went to Gulf Shores was in 2007. Stayed at the condo on the north side of Beach Blvd just to the west of the SP. Went over spring break in April. The Wharf had just opened and was still about half empty. Looked nice. From the images on Google Earth, it looks really nice now.

j

Teamubr, she does not need encouraging.
What do you mean? I'm just trying to save you from the outlet malls. Camping World would be a much nicer shopping trip.

ok I have a idea, all the girls can take Ed's Suburban and go shopping at the Outlets, etc. and we can find some kinda of trouble to get into... :rolleyes1
Donna (the DW) would probably appreciate this. She REALLY doesn't like driving my truck, but REALLY, REALLY likes to shop. :worship:

j

That place looks amazing!! If the Army plops us anywhere near there one day I would go in a heartbeat. We just camped on the gulf in Texas over Easter and it was perfect. Camping and the beach...a match made in heaven. Can't wait for pictures from yalls meet.

Roll Tide!!

Man, this is quickly becoming more expensive than Disney.

Randy, Ed's suburban is not big enough to take the girls shopping. We would have to rent him a U Haul.

Man, this is quickly becoming more expensive than Disney.

Randy, Ed's suburban is not big enough to take the girls shopping. We would have to rent him a U Haul.

Dudes,

That's what credit cards are for. To spend the money you don't have.....

Bama Ed

Okay this is completely off the subject but related. After returning home from our Halloween trip to the World we had two days left on our passes. I decided to not let the Mouse get over on us so the wife and I reserved a hotel in Kissimmee and drove back down Friday. I gathered my fear and went to guest services and guess what ??? We are now Passholders. So if everyone decides to leave the Gulf and go South we can go too.

Of interest to Gulf State Park campers:

Looks like a long sought after 3rd bridge over the Intercoastal Waterway in the Gulf Shores-Orange Beach area is going to happen.

http://lagniappemobile.com/orange-beach-unveils-proposed-route-28-million-bridge/

The plan is to pull off the Foley Beach Express, come south between the toll bridge and the Hwy 59 bridge, and come into Gulf State Park and use Park Road 2 to get down to the Beach Highway. That would take it right next to the GSP campground. (Can we all say "road noise"?)

The traffic problems in Orange Beach are legendary between the Beach Highway and the toll bridge. That puts pressure on traffic to use Canal Road and the Hwy 59 bridge. Since the state wants to build a new hotel and conference center on the state park beach where the old one was blown away, there is plenty of state support to build the bridge and funnel customers to the conference center. But I bet the State Park people aren't happy.

Anyway, our little quiet corner of the beach might get a little busier in a few years.

Bama Ed

That's a shame to me. That road has always been so easy to get in and out from the campground. I bet they add a turn lane coming south to help campers gef turned into thr campground. Otherwise it's just gonna back up.

The folks who use the pull through sites along the canal will have it worst of all. If the trees can ever grow back it should help with some noise though.

Yea it should help, I hate it but you can't stop progress. I agree the traffic is really bad on Canal Rd. especially with a camper. I turn off the Beach Express before the toll bridge and cut down Roscoe rd. to Cotton Creek rd, it cuts over to Hwy 59 and head south til the turn to GSP by the Walmart, I'm too cheap to pay the toll. I know I know I'm cheap!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter