Who likes/wears ripped jeans?

I'm too old and was never particularly stylish anyway. I'm also old enough to say, "Live and let live." If someone loves their ripped jeans, they look great on them. I don't think I've ever seen my daughter or daughter-in-law in ripped jeans.

I’m in my 40s and wear ripped jeans. They aren’t extremely ripped, but they are still the ripped style. I like them. I will not wear jeans or any other clothes really with “bling” on it.

Maybe I just don’t act my age? My back reminds me every day that I’m not in my 20s anymore, but my clothes and hair don’t need to.

Wow, a lot of posters on here think if you are over 30 you shouldn't wear ripped jeans. I mean, I get the HUGE cut out jeans that aren't even jeans, they are threads. But just a little distressed? That is the style. For crying out loud Loft has them, and Loft is not catering to the young crowd.

I think is perfectly acceptable. Hoda looks great! I don't think she is trying too hard.
YMMV, but if someone is older and can pull it off, I say have fun!
Screen Shot 2021-03-17 at 8.35.34 PM.png

Wow, a lot of posters on here think if you are over 30 you shouldn't wear ripped jeans. I mean, I get the HUGE cut out jeans that aren't even jeans, they are threads. But just a little distressed? That is the style. For crying out loud Loft has them, and Loft is not catering to the young crowd.

I think is perfectly acceptable. Hoda looks great! I don't think she is trying too hard.
YMMV, but if someone is older and can pull it off, I say have fun!
View attachment 563319
She looks adorable, a couple of pulls. Around me, there tends to be a few pushing the envelope, pushing 60 and shopping in juniors. Actually the Today show used to have a segment with clothing trends, and how to wear it at different ages.

She looks adorable, a couple of pulls. Around me, there tends to be a few pushing the envelope, pushing 60 and shopping in juniors. Actually the Today show used to have a segment with clothing trends, and how to wear it at different ages.

I remember those segments! They also did how to wear trends for your body size (short, tall, curvy, etc.) -- I remember Sheinelle coming out during one of them and I loved it because she’s short like me.

What I wear is along the lines of Hoda. I am well aware that I am a "ma'am" not a "miss." :rotfl: I am quite modest in my attire, the tiny shreds are my going wild. FWIW, you won't catch me dead in a bikini or a cropped top. I give all the credit in the world to those who have the confidence to pull it off. It will never be me. EVER! I draw the line at the tiny knee exposure with ripped jeans. :rotfl2:

I remember those segments! They also did how to wear trends for your body size (short, tall, curvy, etc.) -- I remember Sheinelle coming out during one of them and I loved it because she’s short like me.

What I wear is along the lines of Hoda. I am well aware that I am a "ma'am" not a "miss." :rotfl: I am quite modest in my attire, the tiny shreds are my going wild. FWIW, you won't catch me dead in a bikini or a cropped top. I give all the credit in the world to those who have the confidence to pull it off. It will never be me. EVER! I draw the line at the tiny knee exposure with ripped jeans. :rotfl2:

This is how I dress at 51. Not all ripped jeans are that extreme. I have a few pairs like that as a matter of fact from WHBM.

Hoda looks great and completly age appropriate in that picture. I guess by the age of 50 we should only be wearing bright colored polyester elastic waist pants!

This is how I dress at 51. Not all ripped jeans are that extreme. I have a few pairs like that as a matter of fact from WHBM.

Hoda looks great and completly age appropriate in that picture. I guess by the age of 50 we should only be wearing bright colored polyester elastic waist pants!

And this is why I have to shop online. My local Macy's petite department is predominately Sag Harbor clothing. Sorry, I don't want elastic waist crinkle pants with a matching top that has a sailboat appliqué. :sad2: Short women under the age of 80 exist ...shocking but true!!

Currently wearing these:

Attachments

• 16162645326723050046190239844701.jpg
    16162645326723050046190239844701.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 14
I had a pair when I was about 12, but then I had ripped them falling off my bike. They did not stay ripped for long.

We kept patches in stock for my 4 brothers.

Maybe patches will be the new wave and the ripped jeans can be easily upcycled.

I don't wear jeans. Never liked them.

I don’t wear/like jeans either. I have a curvy figure and to get jeans that fit in the hips, the waistband is too big to take in with a belt, and too thick to take in with the sewing machine.

As far as other people wearing ripped jeans, I am ok with small rips, but I saw a young woman wearing a pair that had nothing left but seams, pocket lining and waistband out in public. Yes, you could clearly see her underwear. I have never been a fan of seeing the underwear of random strangers. Those jeans went a little too far, in my opinion.

I don’t wear/like jeans either. I have a curvy figure and to get jeans that fit in the hips, the waistband is too big to take in with a belt, and too thick to take in with the sewing machine.

As far as other people wearing ripped jeans, I am ok with small rips, but I saw a young woman wearing a pair that had nothing left but seams, pocket lining and waistband out in public. Yes, you could clearly see her underwear. I have never been a fan of seeing the underwear of random strangers. Those jeans went a little too far, in my opinion.
I guess the trick is knowing how to have a rip without being ripped too much

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter